The EZA Community Top 20 Best of 2007!

• @dipset said in The EZA Community Top 20 Best of 2007!:

@b-cell

Still not 100% sure if you are a troll

In the beginning I thought he was but maybe he just is like that.

He's English is a lot better nowadays.

• @b-cell said in The EZA Community Top 20 Best of 2007!:

entire witcher (game) series is excellent lore, badly executed and terrible gameplay, no idea how come CDPR get pass (post cyberpunk actually) for making bad gameplay and they always failed at making games.

Maybe you'll be surprised, but many people actually enjoy these games, even Cyberpunk 2077 (me included). There isn't a single game that caters to everyone, so every title will be loved and hated by someone. If you don't enjoy CDPR's games - that's fine, but don't be surprised that others do. And if you think that something is "objectively" bad, you need to be more specific and bring some arguments - otherwise you'll hardly convince anyone.

• 0_1636921120980_Tomb_Raider_Anniversary.png

#13: Tomb Raider: Anniversary - 7 points

Votes

#1: 1 (Sheria)
    #2: 0
    #3: 0
    #4: 1 (Scotty)
    HM: 0

Information

Release date: EU: June 1, NA: June 5, AU: June 7
    Developer: Crystal Dynamics
    Publisher: Eidos Interactive
    Genre: Action-adventure
    Platform(s): PC, PlayStation 2, PlayStation Portable, Xbox 360, Wii, Mobile, OS X, PlayStation 3

Links

Trailer
    Wikipedia
    GT Review

• 0_1636921287446_Metroid_Prime_3.jpg

#13: Metroid Prime 3: Corruption - 7 points

Votes

#1: 1 (Axel)
    #3: 0
    #4: 1 (Phbz)
    HM: 0

Information

Release date: NA: August 27, EU: October 26, AU: November 8
    Developer: Retro Studios, Nintendo
    Publisher: Nintendo
    Genre: First-person action-adventure
    Platform(s): Wii

Links

Trailer
    Wikipedia
    GT Review

• A tie. Fascinating.

In regards to Tomb Raider, the only experience I have is with the most recent Reboot Trilogy, so I can't comment on any of the earlier entries.

Similarly, I have even less association with Metroid, as I've only watched full playthroughs of Super Metroid, the first Prime, and Dread. All are solid watches, and as I've stated in the past, if there were to be any Nintendo franchise that would appeal to me, it would be Metroid. Beyond that, the only further things I'm aware of is Prime 4 has been announced for the last four years, only briefly mentioned in E3 Direct this year, and the fanbase is borderline screaming for a port of the trilogy to Switch. And thus ends my knowledge regarding Metroid.

• I was considering Tomb Raider for my list. I never finished it for reasons I can't remember, only played about half of it but I liked it quite a bit. The main the reason why I picked other games over it because while it's a good game, it doesn't surpass the original.

Metroid Prime 3 I did not consider. What a let down. They turned Metroid into a really boring fps. It's very linear, very easy and just nothing interesting happens. I wish I could be more specific but I really can't remember much of the game other than I disliked it a lot. Prime 2 is one of my favorites in the franchise so it was really disappointing coming from Prime 2 to 3.

• Why do I remember playing Tomb Raider in 2006 or 2005? Maybe I’m thinking of Legends and now I’m not sure which one I played but it was solid.

Never played many Wii games really so I have no frame of reference for MP3.

• I always wanted to play the last few pre-reboot Tomb Raider games, since y'know, Uncharted took so many notes from them. I got to play the PC version of Anniversary for a bit sometime ago and it was pretty neat, really like the atmosphere of the first cave. I should get back to these someday.

I'm still crossing my fingers for Prime Trilogy on Switch. I feel like I would absolutely adore those games.

• Tomb Raider Anniversary is an excellent remake of the original, I believe it used the engine/gameplay of Tomb Raider Legend which I always found underrated. If you miss the old-school Tomb Raider games, those two are a very fun time!

Crazy that Metroid Prime 3 ranked so low, it's not the best in the trilogy but it's still a top-tier game. I hesitated between #1 and #2 for it, didn't realize it would need the points so badly!

• Prime 3 would’ve been my number 2

• @neocweeny said in The EZA Community Top 20 Best of 2007!:

@dipset said in The EZA Community Top 20 Best of 2007!:

@b-cell

Still not 100% sure if you are a troll

In the beginning I thought he was but maybe he just is like that.

He's English is a lot better nowadays.

I was a kid back then. young. now I'm more mature and criticize games and developers in civilized manners. now you don't see me bashing every JRPG and Anime games in every thread like back then.

• 0_1637007294701_Persona3.jpg

#12: Persona 3 - 9 points

Votes

#1: 1 (NeoCweeny)
    #3: 1 (bam541)
    #4: 0
    HM: 1 (Sheria)

Information

Release date: NA: August 14
    Developer: Atlus
    Publisher: Atlus
    Genre: Role-playing, social simulation
    Platform(s): PlayStation 2, PlayStation Portable

Links

Trailer
    Wikipedia
    GT Review

• Almost made it to the top 10 XD

I didn't play this one in 2007, I was pretty late in the Persona series (still haven't played 5) but 3 is my favorite out of the first 4 games.

Great story, great characters, great social links, I actually really like tartarus and the dark hour.

The only problem I have with Persona 3 is the AI controlled party members. Other than that I love pretty much everything about this game.

• Persona 3 looks appealing to me from a tone perspective, but those dungeons just look way too bland for me to dedicate 100 hours of playtime. P4:G is a great game, but those quality of life improvements helped get me over the hump of bland dungeons. I've heard P3 is difficult and a bit obtuse in it's dungeon design so I just don't think it'll be a game for me.

• I've said enough regarding my disinterest in Persona, however, I DO believe THIS Persona was the impetus of bringing the franchise into mainstream awareness and zeitgeist in a major way. I haven't heard a WORD regarding the first two, and while the last two are heralded as a couple of the greatest JRPGs of all time, the times I have heard anything regarding Persona 3, it's was an introduction to the series as being the spin-off from SMT proper.

• I have a lot of problems with Persona 3, but the game's story, characters, and overall style has made an impression on me that will stay for a long time. The game is slick and confident in its presentation, and even in its worst parts, the game still has some cool things to show you. The story is quite well paced (gameplay difficulty spikes aside), and I had a blast getting to know the cast of characters here. Having characters like Yukari, Junpei, Mitsuru and Akihiko from the get go is a great decision, considering the variety of personalities at hand, and there's obviously more people to meet too. It also helps that the main story often throws interesting or uncomfortable situations for the group, helping all of them bond in a "trial by fire" sort of way. I also really enjoy the modern small city setting of the game. It kinda feels like the in-between of P4's Inaba and P5's Tokyo, not as comfy as Inaba but not as hectic as Tokyo. The actual combat system of the game is just great, I love how eager it is to punish you when you're not careful, but the Tartarus exploration can get really tiring at times, so it's good that the social links and slice-of-life visual novel gameplay provides a much needed refresher in between, and I think I spent more time in those sections compared to the Tartarus, it's always has been the most fun part of Persona for me. So yeah, my biggest problem with P3 is obviously the Tartarus, which is just not fun to explore. I also don't like some of the story arcs/beats, like when Junpei is interested in that goth girl, or when the group gets stuck in that romantic hotel thingy. The villains can act a bit too cheesy as well. There's a lot more things I like here than dislike, but the Tartarus aspect is especially accentuated after playing Persona 4 and 5 and seeing all the gameplay improvements there. Still, it's more than good enough to be called a great game, and I would love to revisit it again, maybe through a remaster of sorts. I hope Atlus gets to that someday.

• Techincally we (EU) got this in 2008 but it counted for the list.
    I really enjoyed Persona 3 and it was the actually the first in the series that we received here in the UK. I guess I wasn't overly attached to it though as, at the time, I still preferred what I guess I would call 'traditional' JRPGs but the mix of dungeon crawling and sim elements certainly grew on me.
    I was quite pissed off over this game though as I picked it up on launch (FEB 2008) only for FES to go and get announced and released just 7-8 months later. Annoyed me no end.

Tomb Raider Anniversary - I was surprised this was my number one to be honest as I too prefer the PS1 original. It was only an ok year for me though and as mentioned before, I was mostly playing WoW. A fantastic remake though, even if it felt bits were missing. To say I prefer CD's approach and result with this reboot to their 2013 effort would be an understatement.

• @sheria said in The EZA Community Top 20 Best of 2007!:

Tomb Raider Anniversary - I was surprised this was my number one to be honest

I was also surprised. I remember you speaking very negative about it on the GT forums.

• @neocweeny said in The EZA Community Top 20 Best of 2007!:

@sheria said in The EZA Community Top 20 Best of 2007!:

Tomb Raider Anniversary - I was surprised this was my number one to be honest

I was also surprised. I remember you speaking very negative about it on the GT forums.

I could only imagine I would been pitting it up against the original or at least arguing with someone who thought the original was bad.
    I can certainly pick the game apart if needs be :)

• @sheria I don't remember what you said.

For years I way thinking you hate this game XD