Game Music Thread

This thread is meant for the sharing and discussion of your favorite (or maybe not so favorite :/) songs and soundtracks in video games as well as any news related to video game music. Whether you want to just post a link to your favorite battle theme, or write a few paragraphs describing how a certain track enhanced/soured your experience during a pivotal point in a level, all post are welcome! You can even post about fan made remixes or video game parody music. If you hear a favorite composer of of yours is making the music for an upcoming game, post that too. As long as it pertains to video games you can post it!

ALSO every week on friday (if I can remember // am not to lazy // there happens to be something worth showing // it doesn't go against the rules of the forum... >_>) I will be updating the original post with a SOUNDTRACK OF THE WEEK and PERSONAL PICK where i will choose a video game soundtrack, old or new, to feature and will choose a particular song of that soundtrack I feel is the best.

SOUNDTRACK OF THE WEEK: Odin Sphere Leifthrasir
    alt text
    Can be streamed on youtube

PERSONAL PICK: Opening Title ~Leifthrasir ver.~

• I just hope Skyrim-Zelda can have music this nice (and orchestrated).

• Just to show an example of the things that can be posted in this thread that aren't specifically a song or soundtrack of a video game but is stil video game music related. Here is a video of one of my favorite video game music composers Austin Wintory, conducting an orchestra while he records the music for ABZU.

• I'll randomly listen to this song every once in a while. It's incredible. It's hard to explain exactly what it is about it that I love. It gets me excited but it's also melodic and beautiful at the same time. The intro is just perfect.

The ending may have been a massive disappointment but the soundtrack was not. All three games in this series had wonderful soundtracks but I think the third may be my favorite overall. This song in particular stands out for me.

I loved Skyrim's OST but it couldn't top Oblivion for me. It was a joy to explore in Oblivion just to hear the incredible music kick in.

• One of the reasons why Nier is among the best games ever in my humble opinion.

Hearing this in the game was simply astounding.

• @Light Auri-El, or Akatosh to the races of men, is the dragon god of time. He is traditionally viewed as the lead of the eight Aedra (commonly referred to as "The Nine" by men, who arrogantly count the dead king Tiber Septim, or Talos, among them).

• This is and probably will always be my favorite track from any game ever made. I can't even get into detail why, it just speaks to me.

For something on a bit of a different spectrum though, my favorite video game composer is Hideki Naganuma. The energy and general jollyness of it all is something that always puts me in a good mood.

• @DeweyDTruman

Ohhhh man I hadn't heard that song from Gitaroo Man in so looooong.

I now feel like I should play that thing again, may be time to plug in the good ol' PS2

• @bard91 Gitaroo Man is my favorite rhythm game ever, just replayed it a few weeks ago and I can say it definitely holds up.

• One of the best Games OST ever!

• Best SNES music

• Love the OST of the week. FURI soundtrack is amazeballs, really enjoying that. Didn't realize it was on bandcamp, thanks OP!

• Undertale's abundance of leitmotifs and easter eggs in the soundtracks cemented it as one of the best for me.

• Bump for new soundtrack of the week: Hyper Light Drifter OST!

• Tales of Phantasia- Fighting the Spirit
    the arranged version
    Really liked the arranged one. I play it sometimes when things get serious
    Also Be Absentminded is a song that really had a big impact on me

• Global Moderator

I'm just going to drop some gems from Arc the Lad 2

• GOAT as far as I'm concerned.

• I adore Persona 3's soundtrack. Some of my favorites are:
    When the Moon's Reaching Out Stars
    Changing Seasons
    Iwatodai Dorm

The sickest battle theme: Josuke Higashikata

My favorite Guilty Gear Tracks:
    Johnny - Original Bet
    May - Starry Story
    Jam - Bao Babel Nose
    Jack-O - Juno

• I don't know if this counts since it's a remake of the music but these DOOM remakes are amazing! <3

Looks like your connection to Easy Allies Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.