Vote for the EZA Community GOTY 2006

• We just finished a GOTY election last month but this GOTY train doesn't stop! This time we're voting for our 2006 GOTY.

For those who are new, you can check out some of the past threads here.

Again, here are the rules:

Votes are secret!! Don't post them here and instead send me your list via the chat function / private message of the forum.

You may select up to 8 games, a ranked Top 4 and up to 4 honorable mentions. They will be scored as follows:

#1: 5 points
    #2: 4 points
    #3: 3 points
    #4: 2 points
    Honorable mentions: 1 point each

Honorable mentions are optional, but you must at least have a Top 4.

Games are eligible only if they were released in the West (US and/or Europe) for the first time in 2006, with the following caveats:

• "Straight" ports to new platforms in 2006 are not eligible.
    • "Enhanced" ports, with some new content/features are also not eligible.
    • DLCs and expansions are not eligible.
    • Games in beta / early access are not eligible.
    • Stand-alones are eligible.
    • Full remakes are eligible.

The votes will close in four weeks (January 9th), so make sure to look over the list of eligible games below carefully before submitting your list. Thank you and have fun!

• Suggested List of Eligible Games:

January

Electroplankton, 25 to Life, Ape Escape 3, Mega Man Maverick Hunter X

February

Drill Dozer, Tales of Legendia, Forbidden Siren 2, Age of Empires: The Age of Kings, Drakengard 2, Exit, Full Auto, Grandia III, Marc Ecko's Getting Up: Contents Under Pressure, State of Emergency 2, Star Wars: Empire at War, Sonic Riders, Super Monkey Ball Touch & Roll, MX vs. ATV: On the Edge, Dungeons & Dragons Online, Black, Final Fight: Streetwise, Generation of Chaos

March

The Lord of the Rings: The Battle for Middle-earth II, Pokémon Trozei!, Tales of Phantasia, Naruto: Ninja Council, Shadow Hearts: From the New World, Onimusha: Dawn of Dreams, Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter, The Outfit, Driver: Parallel Lines, Mega Man Powered Up, Syphon Filter: Dark Mirror, Metroid Prime Hunters, The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, Metal Gear Acid 2, Me & My Katamari, Suikoden V, The Godfather, Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Essentials, Worms: Open Warfare, Blazing Angels: Squadrons of WWII, Harvest Moon: Magical Melody, Kingdom Hearts II, Rumble Roses XX, Untold Legends: The Warrior's Code, KOF: Maximum Impact 2, Daxter

April

Odama, Tomb Raider: Legend, Auto Assault, Brain Age: Train Your Brain in Minutes a Day!, Dreamfall: The Longest Journey, The King of Fighters Neowave, Mother 3, Rampage: Total Destruction, Ace Combat Zero: The Belkan War, Atelier Iris 2: The Azoth of Destiny, Guilty Gear Dust Strikers, LostMagic, OutRun 2006: Coast 2 Coast, WinBack 2: Project Poseidon, Guild Wars Factions, Desperados 2: Cooper's Revenge

May

NBA Ballers: Rebound, Rise of Nations: Rise of Legends, SiN Episodes, New Super Mario Bros., Heroes of Might and Magic V, Jaws Unleashed, Rockstar Games Presents Table Tennis, Steambot Chronicles, Hitman: Blood Money, Monster Hunter Freedom

June

Half-Life 2: Episode One, Magnetica, AND 1 Streetball, Major League Baseball 2K6, MotoGP '06, Rise and Fall: Civilizations at War, Armored Core: Last Raven, Mega Man Battle Network 6, Urban Chaos: Riot Response, NFL Head Coach, The Legend of Heroes II: Prophecy of the Moonlight Witch, Titan Quest, Astonishia Story, Over G Fighters, Juiced: Eliminator, FlatOut 2, Pirates of the Caribbean: The Legend of Jack Sparrow

July

Chromehounds, Prey, Blade Dancer: Lineage of Light, NCAA Football 07, Super Dragon Ball Z, Cloning Clyde, CivCity: Rome

August

Super Monkey Ball Adventure, Dead Rising, Dirge of Cerberus: Final Fantasy VII, Ninety-Nine Nights, Xyanide, Freedom Wings, Tenchu: Dark Secret, Pac-Man World Rally, Star Fox Command, Bomberman: Act Zero, Disgaea 2, Enchanted Arms, One Piece: Grand Adventure, Saints Row, Ultimate Ghosts 'n Goblins, Xenosaga Episode III, Madden NFL 07

September

Roblox, Valkyrie Profile 2: Silmeria, LocoRoco, SpyHunter: Nowhere to Run, Bad Day L.A., Company of Heroes, Lego Star Wars II: The Original Trilogy, NHL 07, Rengoku II: The Stairway to Heaven, Rule of Rose, Mega Man ZX, Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Blue Rescue Team and Red Rescue Team, Ōkami, Just Cause, Baten Kaitos Origins, Mario vs. Donkey Kong 2: March of the Minis, Caesar IV, Dance Dance Revolution SuperNova, The Fast and the Furious, DEFCON, Yakuza, Test Drive Unlimited, Mario Hoops 3-on-3

October

Final Fantasy XII, Family Guy Video Game!, Gangs of London, Mercury Meltdown, Star Trek: Encounters, Heroes of Annihilated Empires, Scarface: The World Is Yours, Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War – Dark Crusade, Crash Boom Bang!, God Hand, Tales of the Abyss, The Legend of Spyro: A New Beginning, Mortal Kombat: Armageddon, Gothic 3, Battlefield 2142, Bully, Justice League Heroes, Justice League Heroes: The Flash, Sid Meier's Railroads!, Summon Night: Swordcraft Story 2, Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Double Agent, Football Manager 2007, Lumines II, Contact, Destroy All Humans! 2, Medal of Honor: Heroes, Magical Starsign, Work Time Fun, Dark Messiah of Might and Magic, Juka and the Monophonic Menace, Marvel: Ultimate Alliance, Phantasy Star Universe, Scurge: Hive, Tokobot, Touch Detective, Pokémon Ranger, ATV Offroad Fury 4, Death Jr. II: Root of Evil, Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories, Killzone: Liberation, Need for Speed: Carbon, Neverwinter Nights 2, Ace Combat X: Skies of Deception

November

Dave Mirra BMX Challenge, Elite Beat Agents, Call of Duty 3, Guitar Hero II, Gears of War, SOCOM U.S. Navy SEALs: Combined Assault, The Sopranos: Road to Respect, Tony Hawk's Project 8, Bomberman Land Touch!, Dead or Alive Xtreme 2, Medieval II: Total War, Mobile Suit Gundam: Crossfire, Polarium Advance, Yoshi's Island DS, Final Fantasy III, Left Behind: Eternal Forces, Sonic the Hedgehog, Xiaolin Showdown, Warhammer: Mark of Chaos, WWE SmackDown vs. Raw 2007, Untold Legends: Dark Kingdom, Sonic Rivals, Genji: Days of the Blade, Resistance: Fall of Man, Ridge Racer 7, Avatar: The Last Airbender, Barnyard, Excite Truck, PocketBike Racer, Rayman Raving Rabbids, Red Steel, Sneak King, The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, Trauma Center: Second Opinion, Wii Sports, Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six: Vegas, Rapala Tournament Fishing, Thrillville, Yggdra Union, Small Arms, Superman Returns, The History Channel: Civil War – A Nation Divided

December

Cartoon Network Racing, Kirby: Squeak Squad, Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops, Star Trek: Legacy, Fight Night Round 3, Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin, Star Wars: Lethal Alliance, Wii Play

Late Additions:

NeoGeo Battle Coliseum, Far Cry Instincts: Evolution

If you'd like to have a game added to the list of eligible games, feel free to ask in this thread and we'll discuss it.

Games added to the list, will be in the Late Additions section at the bottom.

• Votes sent and this is one of the most exciting years for me. Over half of my list all reside within my top games of all time list and one of my HMs is actually a pretty bad game (and shouldn't make the countdown), but I'll explain that one once this countdown concludes.

• @Shoulderguy I have only one game I would like to vote for. Also after scanning lists multiple times I've managed to find 3 more games that I've played. I can rank them, but those will be "best among nothing else" votes.

Do you want me to submit my votes?

• @ffff0 That's totally fine. It's your votes, use them however you want.

• GameTrailers GOTY:

Youtube Video

• Yo! What was the deal with Final Fantasy XII back then? It was released in NA in October 2006, but here in Europe in February 2007. What a weird thing to think about. So is FFXIII now eligible? Or I mean... it clearly is. But for me it's a 2007 game. This complicates things for my votes.

Edit. Same thing with Okami...

• To be correct splinter cell double agent are two games (HD and previous gen) and GRAW are 3 games (HD, previous gen and pc). All these games are completely different, made by different teams. Not just ports.

• @sentinel-beach We go by first western release. So for exay was Xenoblade a 2011 games eventhough it was released in 2012 in the US.

And Tales of Phantasia is a 2006 game eventhough it came out on the Super Famicom in Japan in the mid 90s.

• Looks like I've got my GOTY sorted for this one.

• @neocweeny Yes, the Double Agent version are vastly different. The older gen versions being the better ones.

• That was a good gaming year all in all! Some great memories from my late teenage years. I suprised myself a bit with my #1 and #2 games, we'll see if they make the cut.

• I never really realized it but 2006 is a great overall year across many genres. For whatever reason, I thought TES IV Oblivion was a 2005 game. This means that 2006 has my favourite TES and my favourite Hitman games.

It's actually going to be hard to narrow down because this was basically the end of the high quality B-tier video game and there are a lot of good ones in 2006 like GUN or The Godfather. I enjoyed some of those so much that it'll be hard to cut down.

Gimme a day.

EDIT:

But we all know what the real GOTY is:

Youtube Video

• @shoulderguy Damn they snubbed my GOTY big time.

• I was thinking about playing okami before making my list but is it really 33 hours long like it says on HowLongToBeat? O_O

• @neocweeny yeah that's a big game, wonderful too.

• Okami is indeed a very long game. Lots of endings, so to speak, and then it still continues. I still liked it a lot! I'm not saying that. Even platinumed it on PS3, did it all.

• I have a late addition: NeoGeo Battle Coliseum.

Awesome game!

• NeoGeo Battle Coliseum has been added to the list of eligible games.

Just a heads up for fans of Mother 3 - It's eligible for this year (2006). Nintendo has made it clear that they have no plans to release it outside of Japan, so this is the only year it could be voted on.

Week 1 update: Currently I've received 9 lists with 3 weeks left to vote (January 2nd).

• So I got 5 eligible games already, but I have 4 more potential picks that are still in my backlog. Let's see if I can manage to try them out before January. Anyway, shoutout to Killzone Liberation and MGS Portable Ops.