Vote for the EZA Community GOTY 2006

• Votes sent and this is one of the most exciting years for me. Over half of my list all reside within my top games of all time list and one of my HMs is actually a pretty bad game (and shouldn't make the countdown), but I'll explain that one once this countdown concludes.

• @Shoulderguy I have only one game I would like to vote for. Also after scanning lists multiple times I've managed to find 3 more games that I've played. I can rank them, but those will be "best among nothing else" votes.

Do you want me to submit my votes?

• @ffff0 That's totally fine. It's your votes, use them however you want.

• GameTrailers GOTY:

Youtube Video

• Yo! What was the deal with Final Fantasy XII back then? It was released in NA in October 2006, but here in Europe in February 2007. What a weird thing to think about. So is FFXIII now eligible? Or I mean... it clearly is. But for me it's a 2007 game. This complicates things for my votes.

Edit. Same thing with Okami...

• To be correct splinter cell double agent are two games (HD and previous gen) and GRAW are 3 games (HD, previous gen and pc). All these games are completely different, made by different teams. Not just ports.

• @sentinel-beach We go by first western release. So for exay was Xenoblade a 2011 games eventhough it was released in 2012 in the US.

And Tales of Phantasia is a 2006 game eventhough it came out on the Super Famicom in Japan in the mid 90s.

• Looks like I've got my GOTY sorted for this one.

• @neocweeny Yes, the Double Agent version are vastly different. The older gen versions being the better ones.

• That was a good gaming year all in all! Some great memories from my late teenage years. I suprised myself a bit with my #1 and #2 games, we'll see if they make the cut.

• I never really realized it but 2006 is a great overall year across many genres. For whatever reason, I thought TES IV Oblivion was a 2005 game. This means that 2006 has my favourite TES and my favourite Hitman games.

It's actually going to be hard to narrow down because this was basically the end of the high quality B-tier video game and there are a lot of good ones in 2006 like GUN or The Godfather. I enjoyed some of those so much that it'll be hard to cut down.

Gimme a day.

EDIT:

But we all know what the real GOTY is:

Youtube Video

• @shoulderguy Damn they snubbed my GOTY big time.

• I was thinking about playing okami before making my list but is it really 33 hours long like it says on HowLongToBeat? O_O

• @neocweeny yeah that's a big game, wonderful too.

• Okami is indeed a very long game. Lots of endings, so to speak, and then it still continues. I still liked it a lot! I'm not saying that. Even platinumed it on PS3, did it all.

• I have a late addition: NeoGeo Battle Coliseum.

Awesome game!

• NeoGeo Battle Coliseum has been added to the list of eligible games.

Just a heads up for fans of Mother 3 - It's eligible for this year (2006). Nintendo has made it clear that they have no plans to release it outside of Japan, so this is the only year it could be voted on.

Week 1 update: Currently I've received 9 lists with 3 weeks left to vote (January 2nd).

• So I got 5 eligible games already, but I have 4 more potential picks that are still in my backlog. Let's see if I can manage to try them out before January. Anyway, shoutout to Killzone Liberation and MGS Portable Ops.

• @bam541 I can't resist the urge to say that when you play Portable Ops on the toilet you will call it Portable Plops.

• I have another late addition: Far Cry Instincts: Evolution

Also quite an underappreciated game.

I still have a lot of 2006 games still in my backlog:
    Driver: Parallel Lines, The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, Metal Gear Acid 2, KOF: Maximum Impact 2, The King of Fighters Neowave, Hitman: Blood Money, Ultimate Ghosts 'n Goblins, Mega Man ZX, Ōkami, Final Fantasy XII, Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Double Agent (old gen), SOCOM U.S. Navy SEALs: Combined Assault

Maybe I will still play one or two of them before making my list though I can already compile a pretty solid top 8 already.