Tackle the Backlog -12 in 12 for 2022

• My backlog is way more than 12 rn so I think I'll just list the ones that I'm currently playing/have started before. As of now they're:

Samurai Western
    Fast RMX
    Spiritfarer
    Dirt 5
    Final Fantasy Type-0
    Valkyria Chronicles IV
    Mega Man Legends
    The Good Life
    Maquette
    Coffee Talk
    Dragon's Dogma Dark Arisen
    Persona 5 Strikers
    Shenmue III
    Racing Lagoon
    The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword HD
    Outrun 2006: Coast 2 Coast

• My backlog is pretty overwhelming, but these are the games I want to play this year! Yakuza 0 and God of War: Ascension I paused last year and would like to go back and finish them this year! Currently going through Metroid Prime 2 and Persona 5 Royal! Also maybe Skyward Sword HD? But we'll see. I'll also pick two or three games out of my backlog at random and one from this list! (+) Indicates High Priority!

• The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time (3DS) +: This has been a big gaming blindspot for me that I would like to fill in! 2nd year its in my backlog goals!
    • Fallout: New Vegas (PC/Series X) +: After playing The Outer Worlds in 2019, wanted to dive into another Obsidian game!
    • Metroid Prime 2 (Wii) +: Would enjoy finally finishing this trilogy to lead into Prime 4!
    • Metroid Prime 3 (Wii) +: Same as Prime 2!
    • Banjo Kazooie (Series X) +: One of the first games I got on the N64 recollection I've gone through over the past two years. However, I recently got a Series X and Game Pass. So could play it on Rare Replay
    • Final Fantasy VI (GBA): This might be moved to the Pixel Remaster when that comes out, but its been in the backlog for quite a bit as a GBA game, but one day.
    • Final Fantasy XV (PS4): I got this for Christmas in 2017. This year better be the year to actually prep for XVI.
    • Outer Wilds (PS4) +: Isla's love for it piqued my interest in it last year enough to buy it!
    • Paper Mario (N64/NSO) +: Another early stalwart of my N64 recollection that I would like to finish. Probably will play it on the NSO at this point.
    • Yakuza 0 (PS4): Paused it last summer and would like to return to it this year because I loved my time with it in those first few hours!
    • God of War: Ascension (PS3): Part of my journey to attempt to Platinum the entire God of War series last year paused as I am getting my backwards compatible PS3 fixed. So hopefully one day this year that will return to me so I can go back to this series!
    • Mega Man Legends (PS3/PS Vita): Roughly the same idea as Outer Wilds. Kyle's love for it and constant Hall of Greats presentations piqued my interest enough!
    • Persona 5 Royal (PS4) +: Just hit the 70 hour mark recently and I have been loving it, but took a four month break that I wish I didn't.

• I f'd up pretty big last year so I will just put my previous list(which includes even older list in itself) in spoiler and will see the result at the end of the year hopefully. I am going to be humble this time, also just to add something fresh for this year:

-RE: Village
    -Psychonauts 2
    -Kena: BoS(Already started this one)
    -Little Nighmares II
    -Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart

https://forums.easyallies.com/topic/5964/tackle-the-backlog-12-in-12-for-2021/11

• Let's do it! I failed horribly in 2019 and didn't even attempt the last two years. I'm feeling motivated to play more games this year while also spending more time exercising, enjoying hobbies, and having fuller less stressful days.

I started using GG App if anyone wants to follow me:

GG App: Want to Play
    GG App: Playing

Backlog

• Nier Replicant v1.22 (currently playing)

• Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart (currently playing)

• Psychonauts 2

• Forza Horizon 5 (not sure if you can "beat" this one per se, it goes on forever)

• Hitman III

• Hades

• Gothic II (Gold Edition)

• Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance Remastered

• Halo Combat Evolved

• Halo 2

• Halo 3

• Halo Infinite (Note - Not playing this unless I upgrade my PC)

• Half Life

• Half Life 2

• Looking at my list last year I only beat 2 on it but then also randomly beat fallout 3 and Skyrim, so I'm not going to lock my self in too hard but I'll figure out my list when I get home.

last years leftovers

• halo infinite
    • metroid dread
    • opus echo of star song
    • inscryption
    • deaths door
    • Mass effect 3
    • Nier replicant
    • psychonauts 2
    • SMT 5
    • kena

others.

• persona 5 royal
    • 13 sentinals
    • bayonetta 2

Wildcards

• Dishonnored 2
    • xenoblade chronicles 1 and 2
    • dragon age 3
    • Witcher 3
    • cyberpunk 2077(likely 1.5 patch)
    • hollow knight

• Just finished Dirt 5. Core gameplay wise (vehicle handling and controls) it's the best arcade racing experience I had in a while. There's problems here and there, like the inconsistent AI, but it's nothing fatal. I really enjoyed Nolan North and Troy Baker's features in the main story. The Dualsense features made the whole experience much more fun too. Also, the licensed music selection here is pretty good. Shout out to Jack White's Over and Over and Over. (8/10)

Finished:
    Dirt 5

In Progress:
    Samurai Western
    Fast RMX
    Spiritfarer
    Final Fantasy Type-0
    Valkyria Chronicles IV
    Mega Man Legends
    The Good Life
    Maquette
    Coffee Talk
    Dragon's Dogma Dark Arisen
    Persona 5 Strikers
    Shenmue III
    Racing Lagoon
    The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword HD
    Outrun 2006: Coast 2 Coast

• @bam541 Oh you're playing Fast RMX too? I picked it up on sale over the holidays, it's seriously impressive for the Switch, Shinen are wizards!

• @axel said in Tackle the Backlog -12 in 12 for 2022:

Fast RMX

oh wow forgot about that game haha.

it was basically the only game i played on my switch around launch once i realised i didn't like zelda.

great fun.

• @axel yeah, it's definitely one of the better looking games I played on the Switch. Also the gameplay very much stands toe to toe with the newer WipEout games which is my point of reference for these kind of super fast racing games. The one downside is that the aesthetics are nowhere near as inspired, it's kinda generic overall.

• I think I'm done with Fast RMX, unlocked all the cars and beat a bunch of cups at the Subsonic and Supersonic Championship level (apparently the bar for beating this is pretty low according to HLTB, lol). Dabbled a bit in the Hero Mode and Time Trials but they feel more like bonus stuff for me. Overall it was quite fun! Great controls and mechanics, good track variety and designs, and it runs smoothly most of the time. The difficulty is pretty reasonable in the Subsonic level, after that it gets too fast and too silly for me. Just stick to the Subsonic level for the most fun possible. I appreciate the variety of obstacles and theme in the tracks, but it can get really frustrating, especially at the later tracks, or the tracks that bend in three dimensions. The graphics are great for Switch but the art direction leaves a lot to be desired, it can feel lifeless at times. It's a pretty good time overall (7/10)

Finished:
    Dirt 5
    Fast RMX

In Progress:
    Samurai Western
    Spiritfarer
    Final Fantasy Type-0
    Valkyria Chronicles IV
    Mega Man Legends
    The Good Life
    Maquette
    Coffee Talk