Catching Up on 2021 Games That You Missed

• So I just finished watching the allies' GOTY deliberations, and oh boy there's a ton of blind spots in 2021 for me. I probably haven't played like at least half of the games they talked about/nominate. I figure I can't be the only one feeling this way, so let's share a list of games (or just singular game) from last year that you missed out on, and you want to catch up on.

I'm just going to share my top 3 most excited, which are:

• Returnal : 3D bullet hell gameplay is so appealing to me, and the story being good is surprising.
    • Unpacking : A simple gameplay bolstering an emotional story, that's pretty much bait for me.
    • Chicory: A Colorful Tale : Blood saying the game is therapeutic is very appealing. Also the OST slaps!

• i missed out on Ratchet & Clank Rift Apart so i'll be catching up on that this year. i bought the game over xmas and i've just started the game but i've kept being distracted by other stuff so far this year

• There are so many. I guess my top 3 would be Resident Evil VIII, Ys IX and Shin Megami Tensei V.

All for the same reason: I haven't played the previous entry or entries yet and now I'm falling even more behind.

• Now that I'm finished with Monster Hunter Rise, I've basically played everything I wanted to play from last year. Going forward I'll be focusing on 2022 games so I have less games to catch up on at the end of this year.

I would recommend to anyone who missed Psychonauts 2 last year, to put that game at the top of your play list. It's an awesome game that's definitely worth your time.