Vote for the EZA Community GOTY 2021

• Hello Easy Allies community, it's time for our 2021 GOTY election!

Here are the rules:

Votes are secret!! Don't post them here and instead send me your list via the chat function / private message of the forum.

You may select up to 8 games, a ranked Top 4 and up to 4 honorable mentions. They will be scored as follows:

#1: 5 points
    #2: 4 points
    #3: 3 points
    #4: 2 points
    Honorable mentions: 1 point each

Honorable mentions are optional, but you must at least have a Top 4.

Games are eligible only if they were released in the West (US and/or Europe) for the first time in 2021, with the following caveats:

• "Straight" ports to new platforms in 2021 are not eligible.
    • "Enhanced" ports, with some new content/features are also not eligible.
    • DLCs and expansions are not eligible.
    • Games in beta / early access are not eligible.
    • Stand-alones are eligible.
    • Full remakes are eligible.

With those rules in mind, here are some eligible and non-eligible games:

Eligible: Bowser's Fury, Ghosts 'n Goblins Resurrection, Nier Replicant ver.1.22474487139..., Alex Kidd in Miracle World DX, Pokémon Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl, Mario Party Superstars, Super Monkey Ball Banana Mania.

Not Eligible: Mass Effect Legendary Edition, Final Fantasy VII Remake Intergrade, The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword HD, Ghost of Tsushima Director's Cut, Sonic Colors: Ultimate, Diablo II: Resurrected, Death Stranding Director's Cut, Tetris Effect: Connected, Outer Wilds - Echoes of the Eye, Grand Theft Auto: The Trilogy – The Definitive Edition, Final Fantasy XIV: Endwalker.

If you're unsure whether a game is eligible or not, feel free to ask in this thread and we'll discuss it.

2021 was a long year, so make sure you don't miss any games: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2021_in_video_games

The votes will close in three weeks (February 22nd), and I'll start revealing the results on the next day. Thank you and have fun!

• Votes sent. Only had seven entries for 2021, and while I've JUST purchased a game from this past year I want to start, I don't think I'll be able to get to it in time between other projects and work. Will discuss during or after the countdown.

• Looking at my list rn, and boy it's interesting. Missed a lot of big games but I did get to the games that I'm most interested in. I also got to play some games that I barely hear anyone talk about. Anyway I want to hold off from sending my list for a bit, just in case I get to play something new. Shoutout to Behind the Frame: The Finest Scenery, JETT: The Far Shore, and Olija.

• Sent mine. Except for my number one it was hard to make my picks. Lots of good stuff and not always easy or fair to pick one over the other.

• I sent my votes.
    I just started revealing the results of GOTY 2021 on a Finnish game forum yesterday after we voted the whole January. I'm the organizer there.

• I’ve submitted my vote. This was a tough year to rank because my previous GotY, Cyberpunk 2077, pushed the bar so high that pretty much everything I’m played in 2021 felt outdated and lacking.

• I'm really looking forward to this. I can't recall the last time outlets, fans, and others have had such differing opinions.

• If you need help creating your list, watch Kyle's GOTY Guide 2021:

Youtube Video

• ^ Kyle's It Takes Two stream with Damiani (which will be finished up next Saturday at 1 PM Pacific/3 PM Central/4 PM Eastern) is also excellent if you haven't played that. You can watch the Twitch VOD or on Kyle's Stream Dump on YouTube.

I'm not necessarily endorsing It Takes Two for GOTY; I'm just saying the stream was excellent.

• First week update: I've received 8 lists, and 34 different games have received votes.

There are 2 weeks left to vote (22nd). So let's keep the votes coming!

• Remember to vote, people. Participation keeps this place running!

• I thought I had played zero games from 2021, but it turns out I have played more than zero! 4 more, in fact! I have 2 other games from the year I will try to play before the deadline so I can make as honest a vote as is possible.

• Nier Replicant is taking way longer than expected and I am going on vacation this week so I unfortunately won't be able to play R&C, Hitman 3, nor Returnal before the deadline. I guess I'll just have to rank which games I did play.

Overall, I really don't feel super strongly about anything beyond #1 or #2. My HM's fall under the fine category for me. I know I missed a few heavy hitters but I somehow doubt I'd rank the ones I missed as earth shattering GOTY's or anything like that.

It isn't eligible but I'd probably put Ready or Not in the Top 3 if I were allowed to. I think I single handedly had some of the most fun playing that in 2021. And the tactical gameplay is fundamentally fun both online and offline. Just a really well made game overall.

I think I prefer years where there are 1-2 Great games as opposed to many good/fine ones.

• @e_zed_eh_intern I was thinking I only had 4 but actually have 8 games I played from 2021.

I will send my list this this week.

• Week 2 update: We had one new voter bringing us to 9 total lists. The 22nd is the last day to vote, so please vote if you can!

• I've put my list in but quite shocked that I only just managed an eight.
    What used to be a hard decision between 40 odd games a year has now whittled down to this and it's not like I've had a decreased interest in video games either. Looking forward to the list though.

• @sheria You played everything you wanted to play?

• @neocweeny said in Vote for the EZA Community GOTY 2021:

@sheria You played everything you wanted to play?

There's definitely less than back in the day but no, there's still games from 2021 I would like to pick up like Hitman 3, Returnal, Life is Strange and Scarlet Nexus.
    Oh, Far Cry 6 too but I just bought it about an hour ago ^^

• Just submitted my votes. I was going to play Unpacking right before this but my laptop broke and I can't play it until it's fixed. There's a good chance of that game making into my top 8 so it's a bummer, but I got a lot of games already anyways.

• Last update and reminder: I've received 14 lists, and 46 different games have received votes. The votes are close and a number of different games are in the running for the top spot.

The 22nd is the last day to vote and update your lists!

Reminder for some people who haven't sent me a list yet: @Capnbobamous @E_Zed_Eh_Intern @Oscillator @Bigdude1 @DemonPirate @brunojoey @Nimbat1003 @Axel