EZA Forums' Noteworthy New Games of February 2022

• Hi y'all! Since it's the start of a new month, you know what time it is... It's curation time!

The basic idea here is to list new games that you are interested in, as well as games you are potentially curious about or want to give wider attention to. I encourage you to give a description of the game, post a trailer of it, maybe link an article that talks about the game in more depth too, basically anything that would be informative to people who doesn't know the game.

"New games" means any new title that is being released or ported this month in any capacity, not backlogs or what you are playing this month. The spirit of this thread here is to share your hype and promote game discovery, as opposed to sharing comments about a first playthrough in progress.

If you need a handy list that covers most of the major upcoming games of the month, here's a couple:
    Game Informer
    VG247
    Wikipedia

Final request: If you are the first person to mention a game, a description (at least a short sentence) of it would be very much appreciated! Especially if it's a non-AAA release. This would help make this thread more useful as a discovery mechanism, as it helps out anyone who doesn't follow the news as closely as you.

• OlliOlli World
    0_1643819525233_5c2aef28-cc66-4f16-a176-4a3e51444e46-image.png

This is the return of a 2D side-scrolling skateboarding game series that began life in 2014 and is a true breath of fresh air with really rad vibes, great tricks and a really rhythmic pick up and play style. The sequel Welcome to Olliwood breathed with a glossy personality and countered simplistic presentation of the first game with levels that pop with colour and thematic intrigue. OlliOlli World looks like it's matured since Welcome to Olliwood came out almost seven years ago, and it's primed to get us nailing tricks and stringing combos with accelerated grace and elegance.

• Horizon Forbidden West and Elden Ring are the obvious big boys this month, and I'm personally excited for Total War: Warhammer 3. I also have my eye on few other games this month. Though I'll mostly be busy with those three games and finishing Pokémon Legends Arceus.

Youtube Video

• @jdincinerator

I want to play this but I really didn't click with Olli Olli at all last time I tried it. But I want to love it.

God, my backlog is big and February already has heavy hitters. I'll wait for reviews on this game.

• @dipset Initially I found it hard to adjust to as the controls are quite odd. Were the controls the reason why you didn't click with it or were there other bugbears you had?

• To put it simply, there's too many games this month. Y'all have probably heard of Sifu, the stylish 3D beat em up from the devs of Absolver. I'm quite hyped for it, and EZA did a preview of it too, in case you haven't watched it.

Youtube Video

There's also CrossfireX which I am infiinitely curious about. It's a FPS game seems to be very much in line with the bombastic campaigns of CoD, but it somehow looks more crazy and still manages to have it's own kind of vibe. EZA also did a preview of it, I think it's gonna be on Game Pass. I don't have a Xbox so I can't play it but I wish I do.

Youtube Video

I'll probably be busy with Horizon Forbidden West this month, and if I'm lucky I can try out Sifu too.

• This post is deleted!

• @jdincinerator I'm hyped for this too, but it got delayed to next month sadly

• @bam541 Ahh jeeze.

• ER, I can only think about ER, there is no other game.ER!