PS4K to be revealed September 7th

• Day after my birthday! Woo!

• @El-Shmiablo said in PS4K to be revealed September 7th:

@KingofDMC Not by much. Most console generations only last 5 years, and this ahould be considered more of a half-step since it will still play all the same games.

Agreed.

We did have the Gameboy SP and numerous iterations of the DS line. All which play the same games. There still a question though of just what MS plans to do with all that raw power of the Scorpio. They'll be hard pressed to find developers who will do anything more than a PC port with that power. And that doesn't justify spending $400+ on.

• @-Jak- I think of this more as a New 3DS type deal. Some games get visual upgrades (Monster Hunter) while some get better framerates (Try playing Hyrule Warriors on an OG 3DS. Literal slideshow.).

• @El-Shmiablo said in PS4K to be revealed September 7th:

@-Jak- I think of this more as a New 3DS type deal. Some games get visual upgrades (Monster Hunter) while some get better framerates (Try playing Hyrule Warriors on an OG 3DS. Literal slideshow.).

Yea the New 3DS is more relatable. Except for the few exclusives it got that the Neo is reported to not allow.

• I remember when this was first rumoured and almost everyone was down on it. Now I mostly just see excitement. What changed?

• Whats a tflop? I feel like every so often new words get tossed around and at this moment, this is the hot word. Can someone explain the relevance of tflops?

I don't think Sony's console will be changed in reaction to Scorpio. Its to late for that. Maybe some tinkering but that's about it. My guess is that the Neo is going to work in tandem with PS4 quite efficiently for devs. The price will probably be what the PS4 is now, and they will drop the OG PS4 much lower is my guess.

As unlikely it is, i would love to see Neo allow for a full library of all PSone, PS2 and PS3 games that moving forward will be accessible on all future consoles starting with the Neo.

• @CGamor7 stands for floating operating point per second. Basically the number of tasks the machine can handle at anyone point and hence the ceiling for overall computing power. You also need a decent CPU and GPU to take advantage of the power though.

• @CGamor7 t stands for tubby, and a tubby flop, well...

alt text

• @Whoaness
    Almost looks like my neighbor's cat, who we call BC (Big Cat) although he does respond to Garfield too.

What was this thread about again?

• This makes Nintendo's timing for the NX reveal make even less sense. Why try to compete with Sony?

• @sam776 Because Nintendo stopped caring a while ago.
    They live in a bubble, and are content doing so.

• I'd really like to see Nintendo nail it after so long.. but on the other hand, I'm totally ok with having not spent money on a WiiU yet