EZA Forums' Noteworthy New Games of March 2022

• Whoops I almost forgot about making a new thread for this... I hope the curation gods will forgive me. Anyways, new month, new games to curate!

The gist of it is to list new games that you are interested in, as well as games you are potentially curious about or want to give wider attention to. I encourage you to give a description of the game, post a trailer of it, maybe link an article that talks about the game in more depth too, basically anything that would be informative to people who doesn't know the game.

"New games" means any new title that is being released or ported this month in any capacity, not backlogs or what you are playing this month. The spirit of this thread here is to share your hype and promote game discovery, as opposed to sharing comments about a first playthrough in progress.

If you need a handy list that covers most of the major upcoming games of the month, here's a couple:
    Game Informer
    VG247
    Wikipedia

Final request: If you are the first person to mention a game, a description (at least a short sentence) of it would be very much appreciated! Especially if it's a non-AAA release. This would help make this thread more useful as a discovery mechanism, as it helps out anyone who doesn't follow the news as closely as you.

• After a brief delay A Memoir Blue should be out on the 24th and it looks like it could be a sleeper as long as we're all awake to pay attention to it:
    Youtube Video

• Since there's so many cool games this month I'm just gonna mention a few, and hope that y'all can carry the rest.

My must play for this month is Gran Turismo 7, releasing March 4 on PS5 and PS4. All signs point to a big comeback for the series, and I'm so hyped for it. I always have been more into the arcade-sim style of racing games so a new GT game is just nothing short of exciting for me. The trailer below kinda sums up the vibe of the marketing for me, they did a great job with it so far, and recognizing a well-beloved content creator is a neat bonus.
    Youtube Video

Also, here's my wildcard:
    RPG Time: The Legend of Wright. I don't really know how this game will play or anything like that, but it looks super creative, charming and unique as heck and I love supporting games like this. Comes out on Xbox Series X/S, Xbox One, PC, iOS, Android in March 9.
    Youtube Video

• For the next three months I just noticed this as big releases:

LEGO SW
    Ghostwire
    Tiny Tina

Really want to play LEGO, Ghostwire probably will ve average(should have made EW3!) and Tiny Tina doesn't interest me that much.

• WWE 2K22 arrives on March 11th for PlayStation, Xbox and PC.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WWE_2K22

The previous game - 2K20 - came out late 2019 and turned out to be a disaster in many ways. This was a wake-up call for the series, and so the developer Visual Concepts skipped a year (or actually it's now been 2,5 years in reality) and have hopefully honed this new one into something much better. At least visually it's way nicer-looking. They've also redesigned the whole control system. And the GM Mode returns for the first time after 15 years in the series!

I'm waiting for the reviews, but it's more than likely that I'll get this on day one. I'm consuming a lot of WWE on a weekly basis so the game really talks to me at the moment.

WWE 2K22 Booyaka trailer
    Youtube Video

• Very excited for Kirby and the Forgotten Land on March 25th. It's the first free-roaming 3D platformer in the Kirby series. I'd link to a trailer, but I haven't watched any since the sparse reveal to avoid spoilers. I do know that many others are just as excited as me for it. :-)

• Let's not forget Toastfire: Pinocchio.....ahem sorry I mean Ghostwire: Tokyo:

Youtube Video

• I forgot to mention Anno: Mutationem! This game is a part of the ongoing "2D in 3D" graphics style that is kinda popular these days. Metroidvania vibes for sure, other than combat you can explore and talk to people and stuff. Looks really neat. Comes out March 17 to PC and PlayStation.

Youtube Video

• Another game that I forgot to mention. I think it's coming out on other platforms pretty soon.

• My most anticipated games of March are Triangle Strategy on the 4th and Kirby and the Forgotten Land on the 25th. I'm also looking forward to the first set of new Mario Kart 8 tracks on the 18th.

Youtube Video

• I have already pre-downloaded Gran Turismo 7. I also splurged and bought the Pulse 3D Headphones for PS5.

Most of March will be split between Elden Ring and GT7, with GT7 being a sort of ongoing game throughout the years.

SuperGT put out his review of GT7 and it's very informative:
    Youtube Video

His focus on the "Physics" section was pretty great to hear. GT Sport really encouraged a lot of corner abuse and there was too much of a car-meta since the game didn't have tuning. So it's extremely encouraging to hear that different models within the same group of cars drive quite differently. Gone are the days of taking a 90 degree right turn flat out and not spinning out.

It is also great to see that bumps in the track or weather conditions are all on the fly considerations. The game just seems so much deeper than before in the best way possible.

I know I'll start out as a bad driver and advance to a slightly better than bad driver and I can't wait to give it a go.

Digital Foundry review:
    Youtube Video