Xenoblade Chronicles 3

• Banned

This post is deleted!

• I got my copy in a couple of days ago, about 18 hours in and loving it. On chapter 3

• Been playing it off and on while sitting at the hospital with my grandpa (sleeps for 3 hours, wakes up for like 20 minutes). I feel like Xeno3 has hit this sweet spot for pacing and giving you access to various features as around hour 4-5 you have access to all 3 transformations, all the starters classes, crafting, cooking, pretty much everything is available relatively quick, at least by my memory of Xeno 1 and 2. Been enjoying it so far

• Banned

This post is deleted!

• @dmcmaster I feel like the tutorials ended faster in the previous games. I feel like they are never ending here. But that's been the problem with the series. There is just too much stuff and they feel the need to explain everything for you. I think this games has the weakest opening hours in the series.

• @neocweeny They do need to explain everything to get the layman gamer a chance

• @bigdude1 honestly the only part I've hated so far was just how long it took to introduce gem crafting, that honestly feels like something that should have been introduced at the fabricator thing.

• I still wouldn't recommend this as someone's first RPG. It's too overwhelming.

If it's not your first RPG. You would know how to buy and equipment items. I don't see the need to make tutorials for this stuff.

• honestly it all just flew by for me lol
    Story grabbed me instantly, tutorials are way better than 2s

• @neocweeny you can definitely overwhelm a series vet. I know x did for me once I reached new la

• X was a bit overwhelming in the beginning but I never felt it needed more tutorials. You just naturally grow to understand the mechanics and stuff as you play the game.
    In terms of accessability all X needed was for the text size to be bigger imo. Atleast that is a non-issue in Xenoblade 3.

• Was a little irked that this didn’t count as a kill

• @neocweeny said in Xenoblade Chronicles 3:

I don't see the need to make tutorials for this stuff.

alot of people aren't patient and got fustrated with Xenoblade 1 and 2 because those sucked at explaining how the combat system and upgrading stuff worked.

they needed to make it relatively easy for the general public to at least get a handle on this stuff instead of just expecting them to wait hours until they figure shit out for themselves like XC2 which sucked ass at explaining how everything worked

• I think XC3 goes way too far with it's tutorials. I feel like the previous games could get away with it because they are very easy in beginning and it doesn't have a steep difficulty curve. You really don't need to know any of the details until much later in the game. When the game becomes more difficult you've probably played around with all the mechanics and systems to know how it everything works.

It's fun trying out things for yourself and discovering things yourself. It's not fun having your hands tied and being told what to do.

Is not like previous games are that bad with this stuff. Everything is still explained in the games.

I'm loving everything else about Xenoblade 3 by the way. Besides this tutorial stuff it's another quality entry in the series.

• Man the bonus XP system almost breaks the game, I've been more or less ignoring but I just looked at it, party is around level 42 atm but if I use the bonus XP I can jump them to 57. This does make me wonder just what exactly adds to it, because I figured it was something like 10% of the XP you gained goes into the XP but I'm thinking just running around is building up bonus XP

• @dmcmaster I think it’s for people that hate grinding but I’m having the same thing I’m like level 50 and the story is at like 37.

I think I’m gonna stop using it

• It’s weird too because you could easily lose track of where the main story levels are at when you are doing sidequests that are above that. And you can’t go backwards like in xc2

• i just finished chapter 4 and i'm at chapter 5 now.
    i'm pretty sure i've missed a couple of Heroes. but i have no idea where to start searching for them before i continue on with the story

• @bigdude1 Isn't this why they introduced the bonus XP system? Because people complained in the original Xenoblade that I got way too overleveled by doing side activities. So they turned it into bonus XP so you can choose wether to level up from it or not.

• @neocweeny said in Xenoblade Chronicles 3:

@bigdude1 Isn't this why they introduced the bonus XP system? Because people complained in the original Xenoblade that I got way too overleveled by doing side activities. So they turned it into bonus XP so you can choose wether to level up from it or not.

That's what it's for. As to if it's an issue however will be based on what difficulty people set. If you didn't pick the highest I don't really want to hear people complain.