Splatoon 3

• Swapped release dates with Xenoblade 3 confirmed

Splatoon 3 is coming out on September 9th 2022

Youtube Video

Youtube Video

Youtube Video

Youtube Video

• Apparently the Splatoon 3 eShop page right now claims it'll support Cloud Saves, which previous ones did not because you could exploit Skill Acquisition RNG through abusing Cloud Saves.

Another thing worth bringing up, is starting today, anyone with Nintendo Switch Online + Expansion Pack can play the EXCELLENT Splatoon 2 Octo Expansion DLC which is now included with the Expansion Pack. Seriously, DO NOT SKIP. It is the most fun I've had since Mario 64, which sounds hyperbolic, but it really is that good. If you already own Splatoon 2 but never bought that Expansion, go dig into that. It is way, way, way, way, way better than the base campaign with the game, which is just a glorified tutorial.

• as much as i love splatoon, i'm kind of underwhelmed by the Direct. the only major improvement they seem to have made would be be doing private matches online and being able to drop in and out of friends matches.

the one thing i wanted them to address though was to adjust the god awful map rotation system but it seems like it's going to be exactly the same as it was before. oh you don't like these 2 maps out atm? that's ok fuck you guys. we'll just force u to wait 2 hours until we'll let u change which maps u want to play on

• @yoshi Weird. I thought it was great and packed with cool stuff. Very few nitpicks like every Special not being new anymore and less diversity in the new hub than the subway in Octo Expansion. Other than that little stuff, it was sick.

@mbun said:

Apparently the Splatoon 3 eShop page right now claims it'll support Cloud Saves, which previous ones did not because you could exploit Skill Acquisition RNG through abusing Cloud Saves.

This is now confirmed via the website, which has a ton of extra information if you're interested.

Online Splatoon 3 data—like player level, ranks, items, and gear—is automatically stored in a server and connected to each player's Nintendo Account.

Since things like progress in Story Mode don't require an internet connection, they can be stored via the Save Data Cloud Backup service included in Nintendo Switch Online subscriptions.

• @mbun it just feels like they keep taking 2 steps forward but 1 step back.

they improved pretty much everything except the main thing i wanted them to improve upon. stage rotation system stuck with only 2 stages that change to a different set every 2 hours sucks ass

• @yoshi Least Salmon Run is always available now instead of going away for a couple days.

• @mbun i guess but Salmon Run. meh. not really my thing.

i also don't understand why you can't do a ranked version of turf war and a standard casual version of the ranked game mode types.

they do some things really well but other things they do just make me cringe and ask "but why?!?!?!!!!!"

• @yoshi I'm sure they just don't want to split the playerbase up too much, which would lead to slower matchmaking times.

• heads up Europe and Australia both seem to be getting restocks of the Splatoon 1 & 2 Amiibo's. Europe PlayAsia store just restocked them and the My Nintendo store in Australia is re-releaseing all of the Splatoon 1 & 2 Amiibo's back up for preorder to release on the 9th of September with Splatoon 3.

America may get restocks of them soon too

• @yoshi Does that include the Squid Sisters / Off the Hook ones?

• @mbun it does. i finally got to order the callie and marie amiibos which i missed out on the first time they were released

• Get Rekt Bitchez!

• 0_1662723468559_306160170_10158868825487393_7171689360651584268_n.jpg

• 0_1662727109654_306186056_10158868937162393_5654270616226498025_n.jpg

• Am I missing something here? I have gotten up to level 8 on Splatoon 3's multiplayer and all I've done is compete in Regular Battle. The issue is I think Regular Battle only caters properly to a certain weapon type-the shooter type. Your goal is to cover as much of the map as possible in ink, so the shooter weapons are best equipped for the job. I'm finding it hard to know what the purpose of the other weapon types are in this mode-seeing as splatting other players into squids don't net you any points. Again, I think I might be missing something here-and I know there is a ranked battle mode and other modes that are different and encourage use of more diverse weaponry-but with the Regular Battle it appears the shooters are the most effective at getting you to win and cover the area with the most ink.

• @jdincinerator It isn't even close to exclusive to Shooter weapons, but weapons that are better at covering Turf do tend to be better at Turf Wars. That said, splatting players prevents them from inking turf while your team has time to recover inked turf, so it is still helpful in Turf Wars to take people out. It is just harder to then recover inked turf if you are trying to use a weapon that's bad at that, so you're more reliant on your team having an even composition, so there's people to reclaim it while you focus on taking opponents out.

Like you said though, basically all the Ranked Modes are about an entirely different thing, which lends more room for some of the weapons that aren't very good at inking turf. Also, Salmon Run exists and is full of bosses and general situations where each Weapon excels differently. You're forced to use different stuff each Round of it, so it is good for getting used to a bunch of different kinds of playstyles and learning their strengths and weaknesses.