Game Recommendation

• So, I only game when I'm on work trips. I'm looking for something I can run on my work PC. I've found I can run base Skyrim pretty well but not with too many mods. This means most new games are out.

I've recently played FF7, Skyrim, Brothers, and Dragon Age Origins. I'm big into story.

I'd love some game recommendations from Allies here? Great community.

Thanks so much for your help!!!

• I'd recommend Alpha Protocol, it came out 6 years ago so hopefully your computer can play it! This game is all about the story. It features a robust dialogue system that actually matters, you can go an entire play though and not meet some major characters simply because of the decisions you made. It delivers on everything Mass Effect didn't. Your decisions will drive the story and how it ends.

It got slammed when it released for being a buggy mess (typical Obsidian) but it has been patched (only had the game freeze once on me when I played it 4 or 5 years ago). Looks and plays similar to a third person shooter, but with RPG elements. This can drive some people crazy when they line up a head shot but it doesn't register as one. It was never an issue during my play through but it could be a valid complaint.

• Checked it out on Steam. Awesome recommendation! Thanks

• Good Old Games is your friend.
    The games are tweaked to run well on new OS and they're DRM free.

As for game recommendations it depends on what you like. But I can recommend:
    Divinity: Original Sin
    Baldurs Gate 1&2 and expansions
    Planescape: Torment
    Ys Oath in Felghana
    Steamworld Dig
    Soma
    Shadowrun: Dragonfall
    Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines
    The Dig

• @suplextrain bloodlines instead of Masquerade - Redemption?!

• I like RPG's, Third Person Action, and general Adventure games.

Thanks for the recs!

• @sblomkamp said in Game Recommendation:

@suplextrain bloodlines instead of Masquerade - Redemption?!

Bloodlines is in my mind so superior to Redemption it's not even comparable. People always mention Bloodlines but not Redemption for a reason.

But something I did forget to mention was Anachronox, which is a great little gem.

• Can't go wrong with classics on GOG.com. Particularly since your looking for a good story. Something that's easier to find in established and known classics, compared to more recent games.

If you haven't played the original Deus Ex. And are ok with the strict RPG shooting mechanics, which s alleviate by playing on easy. Its a great game with a wonderful story.

• Might not be what you're looking for, but Roller Coaster Tycoon is one of my main laptop on the go games. Good for plane rides, etc.

• Story and you like JRPGs?
    Grandia 2 Anniversary Edition and Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky are both great and both on steam and neither are very demanding of your PC specs

• Abzu is a recent swimming game with a nice story. It's different in that it's short and its story is very vague and impressionistic, but those are also its strengths. I wouldn't imagine it would be hard to run compared to Skyrim, but I've only played on PS4 so I couldn't say.

Another game with a more experiential story would be Limbo, that greyscale 2D platformer you've probably seen around. The sequel, Inside, also just came out, but I can't speak on that as I've not played it yet.

• How about Gone Home, The Stanley Parable, and To The Moon. All of these are smaller story driven games that should run fine on your computer.

• bolded text@Haru17 said in Game Recommendation:

Abzu is a recent swimming game with a nice story. It's different in that it's short and its story is very vague and impressionistic, but those are also its strengths. I wouldn't imagine it would be hard to run compared to Skyrim, but I've only played on PS4 so I couldn't say.

Another game with a more experiential story would be Limbo, that greyscale 2D platformer you've probably seen around. The sequel, Inside, also just came out, but I can't speak on that as I've not played it yet.

I can. it's magical. it's full of wonderful sights, sounds and feels. definitely deserves a playthrough, but be aware that it's possible to beat it in one sitting.

• The binding of Isaac is awesome and doesn't seem to get mentioned that much. It's hard to grasp what's so good abot it just from trailers. Also super meat boy obviously.

• Armadillo Run is one of the least known, most under-rated games ever

• Throwing my love of Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines into here as well. Excellent story, choices, atmosphere, NPC's. Quite stiff and dated, but if you can get past that, it's a true gem. (Pick up the unoffical patches while you are at it)

The original Divine Divinity is also great, but hard to get into at the start. It can be brutal.

Planescape: Torment is a classic for a reason. Definitely recommended for a story enthusiast.

If you are into adventure games as well, The Longest Journey and Gabriel Knight - Sins of the Fathers are absolutely amazing.

• Mass Effect 2, if you haven't already and wonder which one might be the best to start with at this point.

Sleeping Dogs, because it's more engaging than I expected it to be as a GTA clone, and I love me some GTA.