Overwatch (PC/PS4/XB1)

• The Oasis map is fantastic!

• Global Moderator

I think mystery heroes is my favourite mode. I can go in and just have a good time, not really care about if we win and most importantly it just allows you to get more familiar with characters you're not used to.

I'm not good with Hanzo but I'm a much improved player with him than I was before.

Also, I was so happy to get all the skins I wanted in the New Year Event. Reinhardt, Winston and Dva!

• @tokeeffe9 Absolutely agree, Mystery Heroes is my favorite as well. It forces me to use heroes I wouldn't normally and really lets me focus on different strategies. Plus, the added loot boxes for winning games in arcade mode helps a lot. I also love, love, love Charge! from the random brawls - there's something about a lot of Reinhardts duking it out that is glorious to be a part of.

• Global Moderator

@SabotageTheTruth I've only played that brawl a few times. I generally don't go near brawl but I have to admit I find it very funny hearing so many grunts in that game mode. It's hilarious.

• @tokeeffe9 I don't play Overwatch as much as I did at launch (aside from December/early January where I got back into it pretty decently) but when I do it's pretty much exclusively Mystery Heroes. I like the random element of not knowing who you'll be, what your team is gonna be, what the enemy team is gonna be, and mostly just the fact that you have to work with what you're given.

• Looks like Doomfist is incoming soon... or a giant robot. Or both!

• New competitive season is out! Personal goal is finally hitting Diamond, which I'm pretty confident in reaching this time around.

New buffs/nerfs hit and most of it is minimal besides... the Bastion buff. Woof, I'm sure they're going to tweak this more but they made his survivability go through the roof. He can heal through mostly anything now - including a few ultimates. I played 4 rounds before work and no matter the objective, each side had a Bastion at all times.

• @SabotageTheTruth I have always loved Bastion, but never played him much since he's super situational and easy to take out.

Now he's pretty AMAZING. I actually won a game playing him on attack. Being able to heal while moving is great.

I do kinda miss the brawl playlist though. I always had fun just getting a surprise game.

And it looks like the new hero will be a quadruped robot tank. Soooo that should be really interesting.

• @SabotageTheTruth

Same with me. I bought the game in December 2016 so I came in season 3. Since then I have considerable amount of time with the game and have selected heroes which I feel comfortable going into competitive with. I guess bastion is buffed that's good to see. I gotta unlock those weekly lootboxes too.

• I completely stink at Overwatch. Playing PS4 but stinking isn't going to stop my enjoyment of the game.

I have had it since launch and play it in between releases i'm interested in.

• @Inustar I like that he's not as situational, they just should probably dial him back a little bit though, which I'm sure they will. I remember when Zen got his really big buff and all of a sudden, everyone chose him so this is probably the same. I'm guessing they'll probably lower his healing per second so he can't survive certain ultimates at least. I believe the brawl playlist is coming back, they had some issues with yesterday's patch and disabled a lot of arcade features.

@MSBi, my main recommendation for competitive (or at least what worked best for me last season) is one or two games max a day. Maybe it's just a personal thing, but if I sit there for hours on end trying to do my best, I end up getting burnt out and not playing to my full potential. Just having those short bursts last season, I went on about a 10 game win streak, so that felt good. The only time I really broke my own rule is if I queued up for a team that just didn't work together at all and lost quickly, or if someone from either side dropped out and caused the game to be unbalanced.

• @SabotageTheTruth

Its more the placement matches that piss me off. I almost got to platinum last season solo.

• @MSBi Yeah, placement is awful. I get them out of the way as quickly as possible.

• Global Moderator

New hero - Orisa

Youtube Video

Youtube Video

She's on the PTR now too.

• I don't know how to feel about Orisa. I gotta try it out to know. She a tank right?

Right now I feel like i'm overpowered with hanzo. he's just destroying the competition lol.

• @MSBi Yep, a tank. I'm most interested in that magnet pull of hers, that also has a slowing effect. Being able to pull people out from around corners (or Bastion out of sentry mode) is a beautiful, beautiful thing.

Already near the 2700 mark for competitive and I've only played one game aside from the placements. Here I come, Diamond!

• @SabotageTheTruth

I wish I were you man. The people on my team either leave or a too proud to play together as a team.

• @MSBi That's because they haven't bathed in Zen's transcendence. That light will show the team the path to victory.

Feel free to send me an invite if you ever get down on competitive, I'd like to think I'm a fairly competent healer.

• Youtube Video

The Bastion apocalypse is finally coming to an end.

• Global Moderator

I only got a few rounds in but that was enough to know Bastion was way too strong so good to see some nerf is coming in but I think he'll need another one too.