Overwatch (PC/PS4/XB1)

• @Inustar Yeah, solo queue is a mixed bag. I've been using my mic more and I lucked out and formed a pretty great team last night. Once they had to log off, back to queuing with people that refuse to communicate or switch heroes. 3 defense heroes on a king of the hill match and I just didn't understand why no one bothered to switch their choice, not even once. I guess some people just want to watch the world burn.

• @SabotageTheTruth I play the best I can, so I change out when needed. But having no mic, I just accept that I won't rank higher, which is fine since I'm playing for fun.
    Nothing is as great though as getting a great team!

• @SabotageTheTruth I just hit 2400 for the first time today :smile: i want to hit platinum in another week or so hopefully..

• Hit 2981 :( my friend who I played all the placement games with made it to about 3100 so I'm kind of upset I didn't get there lol. Have dropped severely since then tho. Down to 2600

• I'm on PS4 and have had much more success in Solo Q compared to playing with 2 or 3 friends. I'm currently 2722 and about 30 points short of my first golden gun.... Can't decide between Hanzo or McCree :/

• I've been playing a ton of competitive this season. My friends and I were able to get up in the high 2800s but we've had a bit of a bad streak and some bad luck with teammates. Now I think I'm somewhare around 2600, maybe right below 2700. Gotta get back up there. I need diamond this season!

• @TheOhrenberger said in The Overwatch Thread:

I need diamond this season!

It's too bad they nerfed the CP rewards. The difference between getting Platinum (80 CP) and Diamond (120 CP) isn't really motivating me. At least last season the difference between level 59 and 60 was pretty big (120 CP vs. 200 CP).

• Ever since Legion launched I haven't even touched Overwatch. I really need to hop back in to get Season 2 rewards...

• @Sh1fty I'm not in it for the rewards I'm in it for the glory!

• I am a diamond rank, 3027. I am not playing atm because I'm studying but man is it fun!

• It looks like Halloween costumes might be a thing. I truly hope they learned their lesson with the Olympic backlash and allow you to use your coins to purchase skins, but we'll see. More than likely, 'Sombra' is coming out before the end of the month too. Hype!

• @SabotageTheTruth If they have a special event-only currency like Candy or something that expires at the end of the window, I would also be satisfied with that. The main issue with the Summer Games, at least imo, was that if you really wanted one particular item there was no guarantee you would get it no matter how much you played. If they let us use a unique currency, then at least we would be sure overtime to eventually be able to buy that Witch Mercy skin if we play enough

• @Galaxy40k Yep, totally fine with that as well. Not only did the "play tons of hours and not get the skin you want," method really stink, I'd say it hurts even more for those that actually spent money. I honestly can't imagine how frustrating it would be to drop $5-$50 and not get what you want, because 1) I would never spend that much on loot boxes, 2) That seems very anti-consumer. The teased skins look amazing though, so I really hope this candy idea comes to fruition!

• @SabotageTheTruth Nah. I definitely see Blizzard sticking with event lootbox only. As much as people complained, they made a ton of money and this kind of gambling style microtransaction works.

Personally, I'm fine with continuing to pay into the game, in some form. Overwatch is an ongoing thing with continued work and man hours being put into it, which I gladly pay for; I just wish it was done in a less manipulative way.

• I'd be totally fine with it all if you could just buy the skins (and taunts, sprays etc.). Either through an event-only currency or just costing oodles more than the average skin of same rarity (or hell just outright paying for them with real cash.)

I dunno I'm honestly fine with the RNG "you gotta buy this" gambling factor in Hearthstone and I'm not sure if that's just because years of Yugioh and Magic conditioned me to accept it in card games or because it's simply not as scummy with event-only things like this.

• The new Halloween stuff looks great! Looks like I'll be sinking some time into this over the coming weekend :)

• Who's going to be playing? I'll be playing with my fiancee, hit me up! I'll log in the discord or something

• @OddMan11 Actually, no.. You can buy the skins with currency. Granted, it's 3x times the price of a normal skin but for those of us that have been stockpiling like myself, it's a nice treat. I'll still try to unlock what I can but if it's towards the end of the event and I don't have the new Zen skin, there goes all my gold. They listened!

alt text

• Hey guys I'm in Platinum and looking for some people to play with. Anyone who wants to, please add me on bnet Scrotinger#1127

• Has anyone here beaten the horde on hard mode yet? I've gotten to the last part of it only to die so many times now that it's starting to kill me.