Overwatch (PC/PS4/XB1)

• Been reading that there's been some outrage over DVa's officer skin.

That alone really makes me want it. :3

• @ChaosBahamut Yeah, what I've been reading is pretty silly, comparing it to social issues when it's just a game that has no desire to dive into such topics.

Needless to say, I'm excited to get it as well!

• @Tragosaurus You have to play Hero's of the Storm on PC with a friend for 5 matches or so I believe in order to unlock the skin. But they will release the skin in the normal lootboxes in time if you don't have a PC to play it on or if you have no desire to play it on PC. Anyroad, you will eventually be able to get it. They are just making it an exclusive temporarly in order to promote Hero's of the Storm.

• @th0r44 Where did you hear it would be entering normal lootboxes? I can't find any info supporting that, nor have they ever added seasonal items to normal boxes.

Edit: It looks like Kaplan did say they will "one day" be added to lootboxes, relevant article here. Who knows how long that will take though, so I don't mind the one hour of HOTS each week.

• Youtube Video

Doomfist is coming finally! Not voiced by Terry Crews but that's okay, he still looks rad. Shotgun gauntlet!

• Sounds like an interesting character. Definitely a nice change from the rest of the offence heroes.

Also I'm just happy we've another villain.

He's up on PTR now. I'll wait for him to go live but it'd be interesting to hear any takes on him.

• @SabotageTheTruth I'm kinda happy he's not voiced by Terry Crews. While I love him, I prefer a more authentic voice for the character.
    Also super surprised by how brutal Doomfist was in that video. First villain I was worried would kill a hero.
    Overall I'm liking what I've seem, though since I play on PS4 it'll be awhile before I can try him out.

• @Inustar The development team said Crews would make a good fit, so hopefully he pops in for a character that is a little less serious. What I've seen of his play style so far seems like a lot of fun, super mobile. Slamming someone against a wall looks even more satisfying than pinning someone with Rein.

• @SabotageTheTruth Oh yeah, I'd love Crews to be in the game, but not as this character.
    But he does look fun. I'm excited to try out that rocket punch.

• no terry :(

• The Overwatch world cup is being streamed over the weekend for anyone interested.

https://www.twitch.tv/playoverwatch

Also, the latest batch of changes that went into PTR all seem pretty good for once. I assume hope) they all make it into live.

Overwatch forum

alt text

• Youtube Video

Only had a small look at Doomfist but I'm really excited to try him out once he's live on the 27th.

• So the big patch went live yesterday. Doomfist, Lootbox overhaul, highlights system and other hero changes.

I played a few rounds of just 6v6 elimination, all Doomfist and then mystery heroes so I could check him out and see how lootboxes were.

Firstly, Doomfist seems like a lot of fun. Playing in that mode is just pure mayhem so I can't take much out of it in terms of where he'd fit in a proper team but I'll check that out in QP someday. Definitely a fun character to add to the roster.

And I picked up 4 lootboxes from my time playing arcade and leveling up and there is a noticeable difference. I didn't get any duplicates (forget if they've just been outright removed for currency), got 1 currency and everything else was new. So that genuinely feels quite nice right now. We'll see after 20, 40 etc but right now it's a nice improvement.

Didn't really mess around with the highlights but it does seem easier to capture things.

• @tokeeffe9 I don't think duplicates have been outright removed but they are supposed to be far less common. I got two loot boxes when playing last night and I didn't get a single duplicate.

• Yeah, I'm really happy they made the loot box change, although I haven't seen it in action just yet. For most characters, I have only half of their stuff unlocked but I'd go through streaks where several loot boxes in a row would be nothing but duplicates. Duplicates still exist but drop at a lower rate and when they do drop, at least provide more currency than before.

Also, it's flying under the radar but Reaper is getting significantly better with each patch. Not too long ago, wraith form started reloading his clip, the last patch saw him get health back on damage done, now his shadow step is much less audible to the opposing team. He's still situational (and usually outclassed by Soldier) but kinda interesting to see Blizz constantly giving him buffs.

• @SabotageTheTruth Ya I'm happy to see Reaper getting a few buffs. He was out of the game for sometime and he's now a lot more reliable and generally a tank destroyer.

New Developer update, the expected Summer games are coming back on August 8th with new and old skins

Youtube Video

• One thing I kept forgetting to comment about is how much of a difference the change to the loot boxes is - I've opened at least 5 boxes and not received a single duplicate. I actually look forward to opening them again? There was a period for months where I just hated even the action of opening them, as seeing 4 duplicates was a bummer. Feels good!

• @SabotageTheTruth Ya, massive difference with the lootboxes now. It's so much better.

And with that, the summer games are live with some pretty good skins

Youtube Video

You can also buy older skins for the standard price which is pretty nice. Blizzard have been on a good run now of doing some decent stuff.

• This update has been extremely unstable so far, I can say that much. Waiting in a queue with 50,000 people ahead of me, even though I was just playing 5 minutes ago. Kinda lame.

• @SabotageTheTruth What are you playing on?

When I booted it up it said I couldn't log in but after clicking to log in after I didn't have any other issues (PC here)

Got the Reaper skin there too so I'm already very happy :)