EZA Forums' Noteworthy New Games of July 2022

• New month, new games. Now that the month of game announcements is done, there should be a lot more in the tank for the rest of the year right? Right.

The gist of it is to list new games that you are interested in, as well as games you are potentially curious about or want to give wider attention to. I encourage you to give a description of the game, post a trailer of it, maybe link an article that talks about the game in more depth too, basically anything that would be informative to people who doesn't know the game.

"New games" means any new title that is being released or ported this month in any capacity, not backlogs or what you are playing this month. The spirit of this thread here is to share your hype and promote game discovery, as opposed to sharing comments about a first playthrough in progress.

If you need a handy list that covers most of the major upcoming games of the month, here's a couple:
    Game Informer
    VG247
    Wikipedia

Final request: If you are the first person to mention a game, a description (at least a short sentence) of it would be very much appreciated! Especially if it's a non-AAA release. This would help make this thread more useful as a discovery mechanism, as it helps out anyone who doesn't follow the news as closely as you.

• The obvious one for me this month is Stray, you play as a cute cat and it's included in PS+ extra so there's no way I'm not playing it.

Another game I'm really curious about is Hazel Sky. You play as a trainee engineer sent to a secluded island as a final test of sorts. It mostly involves exploration gameplay, and there's one part of the trailer where the character slides down a hill, and the way it's framed and such makes me think of the sliding sections in Uncharted 4 which is what pushed this game over the edge for me, lol. The whole traversal and climbing stuff looks like my kind of thing. Comes to PS4, Xbox One, Switch and PC July 20th.
    Youtube Video

Some ports that I'm excited about:

• Severed Steel coming 20 July on PS4 and PS5, 21 July on Nintendo Switch, 22 July on Xbox One and Series X|S.

Youtube Video

• Post Void coming July 21 to PS4/5 and Switch.

Youtube Video

• The latest F1 game F1 22 officially touches down today (unless you're like me and bought the Deluxe Edition which grants three-day early access). Get ready for supercars and a super new handling model that coincides with the new era of F1:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nx9NgXi8nP8&ab_channel=F1®GamesFromCodemasters

Then it's time to lick our paws, chase mice and hide under cars, as Stray comes to PS4 and PS5 on July 19th:
    Youtube Video

• Live a Live releases on the 22nd.

I played the demo and the 2D-HD style looks awesome. You are only able to play a small part of three of the different characters story's but they seem interesting. Combat is not as strategic or rewarding as Octopath Traveler but maybe it gets better past the demo. The second trailer shows some cool looking boss fights and I think those could have more compelling gameplay.

Youtube Video

Youtube Video