Vote for the EZA Community GOTY 2003

• @sheria What makes it unacceptable? I actually still enjoy that game.

• @e_zed_eh_intern said in Vote for the EZA Community GOTY 2003:

@sheria What makes it unacceptable? I actually still enjoy that game

Well, my comment was kinda sarcastic , but I always held DD fans to account for these votes.

• Go! Go! Hypergrind, sigh, sold a pristine copy of that for $60 a few years ago.

• @sheria It has only gotten better by time. Now it really sticks out in this big franchise of samey video games. It's different in a very good way.

I still don't think it will make my top 8. There is a lot of competition this year.

• @neocweeny said in Vote for the EZA Community GOTY 2003:

@sheria It has only gotten better by time. Now it really sticks out in this big franchise of samey video games. It's different in a very good way.

I still don't think it will make my top 8. There is a lot of competition this year.

To be fair, I haven't played it in a long time, I just remember it really rubbing me the wrong way on release and I've kinda just run it.
    I think i will pop it in and try it again this weekend, see what I think of it now. I know I had an issue with the width of the tracks.

• Update: 9 People have voted so far after one week. There's still two more weeks left to vote.

• Update: No new lists this last week.

With one more week left to vote, it's time to give some reminder shout outs to all of the recent past voters:

@NeoCweeny @Axel @E_Zed_Eh_Intern @MXAGhost @DIPSET @bam541 @kindiman @Capnbobamous @Hazz3r @Scotty @Bigdude1 @DemonPirate @Crepe @Tearju-Engi @Nimbat1003

August 7th is your last day to vote.

• I will for sure send my list. This is a difficult one. My number one and two are certain. Then I have about 10 games that are really close to eachother. Don't know what to cut, so many good games.

• Moving. Will try to get a list in but not too hopeful.

• Sent my list! The top 4 was straightforward but those honorable mentions were tough, just a bunch of games I barely remember playing and somewhat enjoying, hard to just pick 4.

• I just want to take a moment to encourage discussion in these topics, PRE-reveal. Shit on games you don’t like, praise games you never played or didn’t play enough, tell stories about any game you did or didn’t vote for. Just because you talk about a game, doesn’t mean you voted for it or not. And who cares if you did? Nobody knows how many others voted for it. I think this was a thing before but we’ve gone pretty quiet pre-reveal of late.

Long story short, more discussion = good (shoutout to @Sentinel-Beach)

• I really wanted to make time to play at least 1 version of Demi Kids but sadly failed. I love SMT so am curious how I’d feel about those games. I recently started Revelations: Demon Slayer and it was ok but suuuuuper basic. I’m curious if these games are a step up. Any input?

• @e_zed_eh_intern One game I'm sad about that didn't make my list is WarioWare. What an amazing little game.

Speaking about Wario. Wario World is garbage. What a disappointment.

• I was out camping for the week. I'm back now, I'll give 2003 a looksy and send my list in.

Just a reminder that 2003 was the year 50 Cent released Get Rich or Die Tryin and the world changed forever. Not sure how that relates to GOTY, but always keep that in mind.

• Oh fuck me! 2003 has my two all time favourite video games: Tony Hawk's Underground and SOCOM II.

I obviously will have a hard time choosing one over the other considering they play nothing alike. SOCOM II is actually underrated despite the fact that those who know, know. Every time Huber mentions SOCOM, I get happy. He knows.

The main thing with SOCOM was the tactical gameplay. It was a mixture of being skilled but also just having a high Map IQ and team strategy. You didn't need to be a sweat to have fun. You could hop into a match and find a place to be useful. And everybody used mic's. The default was Push-to-Talk so the comms needed to be important. If you were being a fucker screaming into the mic, hogging the comms, the game thankfully had a Vote-to-Kick.

SOCOM II changed video games though. It was ahead of the times for console online gaming. It did things that Halo 2 didn't even do when XBL launched a year later.

SOCOM II had server browsers, friends list, clans, skill based ranking, asymmetrical maps and modes where Seals / Terrorists had different goals and loadouts, incredibly designed maps, and it invented the need for Game Battles which was purchased by MLG and basically pushed pro gaming forward. Seems standard for today, but Halo CE on Xbox didn't launch with any of that and Sony even failed to have a lot of these features in their own PS3 games years later.

I ran with a clan from the GT Forums back in 2006-2007ish. Prior to that, I added some friends that I met in chat and we played together for a while. It was your typical meme "see you next week" Last Login: 753 Days Ago

--

Per THUG, here is my forums HoG video about it. I personally, think it's the best mainline TH game, but even if you disagree with that, it's still one of the best PS2 games. My all time favourite game pound-for-pound.

Easy Allies Forums Hall of Greats Submission - Tony Hawk's Underground
    Youtube Video

• I’ll make a list eventually

• Sent my list. I didn't get to play new games other than the game that ended up being my #1 so there's one empty spot on my HMs.

• Wario World was actually.. OK. I appreciated them trying the 3D platformer for the time.

• @sheria I appreciate them trying also...

• @neocweeny said in Vote for the EZA Community GOTY 2003:

@sheria I appreciate them trying also...

Still better than DD =P

In all fairness though, I enjoyed my time with double dash last weekend and I'll definitely continue with it this time. I definitely think it's worse than Mario Kart 64 though.