Respawn Entertainment - Titanfall 2's matchmaking is different.

• PCGAMER Article - Interview

Youtube Video

I'm pretty curious to see if Respawn is going to actually be able to improve the multiplayer experience. They are the same guys that created Modern Warfare and MW2. They've certainly done it before. :)

“This is for the more hardcore fans out there,” says game producer Drew McCoy in the Inside Development introductory short featured above. “These are not marketing speak, this isn’t anything other than actual game developers telling you how we’re doing our job. If you have anything you’d like us to cover, let us know.”

• I really hope it doesn't follow the "skill matchmaking" that some games do when they can for example match 1-2 good players with a bunch of much worse ones to try and "balance" matches over simply matching two teams of players of equal skill.
    It can easily become very annoying if you're on a whole different level than the rest of your team and they just keep dying while you have to make up for the rest of them instead of everyone being on more or less equal footing. Even when you win it just isn't any fun because it doesn't feel like a team effort, making the team part of the game feel pointless.

• @suplextrain I agree with you. Interestingly enough, Respawn is doing a whole series on "Inside Development" on their youtube channel.

They really seem to be knocking it out the park, especially with having all maps/modes free, instead of paid DLC.