EZA Forums' Noteworthy New Games of August 2022

• Can you guys believe it's already August? No? Well it's here and you know what time it is...

The gist of it is to list new games that you are interested in, as well as games you are potentially curious about or want to give wider attention to. I encourage you to give a description of the game, post a trailer of it, maybe link an article that talks about the game in more depth too, basically anything that would be informative to people who doesn't know the game.

"New games" means any new title that is being released or ported this month in any capacity, not backlogs or what you are playing this month. The spirit of this thread here is to share your hype and promote game discovery, as opposed to sharing comments about a first playthrough in progress.

If you need a handy list that covers most of the major upcoming games of the month, here's a couple:
    Game Informer
    VG247
    Wikipedia

Final request: If you are the first person to mention a game, a description (at least a short sentence) of it would be very much appreciated! Especially if it's a non-AAA release. This would help make this thread more useful as a discovery mechanism, as it helps out anyone who doesn't follow the news as closely as you.

• First up, Frogun is a very jolly looking 3D platformer with PS1 style graphics, and the main hook is that you have a frog-shaped grappling hook! It should be out very very soon (now!) on PC, Nintendo Switch, PS4/5, and Xbox One/Series. Reviews are already out and it's scoring pretty well.
    Youtube Video

Crayon Shin-chan: Ora to Hakase no Natsuyasumi (Crayon Shin-chan: My Summer Vacation With The Professor) is a previously Japan exclusive game that's getting a English release on PS4 and Switch this month (no date yet). I'm a huge fan of the Crayon Shin-chan comics/anime back when I was a kid, and the game looks incredible to me so this is easily my most hyped release for the second half of this year.
    Youtube Video

Tinykin is like Honey I Shrunk the Kids x Pikmin. It launches on PC, Nintendo Switch, PlayStation, and Xbox on August 30. I heard good things about the demo they released previously so this seems very promising.
    Youtube Video

• nothing interests me for august. and i'm glad.

my wallet needs a break.

• Inarguably the biggest game to come out in August is a reboot of an insane open-world sandbox franchise. Saints Row looks like it'll satisfy our craving for destruction and silliness en masse, though I'm personally weary of its tone, but as long as its good explosive fun-nothing else matters.
    Youtube Video

Next up is Two Point Campus, a follow up to the comedic hospital construction and management game Two Point Hospital. I'm pretty convinced this one maybe the best game of the month and should graduate with honors:

Youtube Video