Vote For The EZA Community Top 20 GameCube Games

• The EZA community has spoken and now it is so, here is the official vote of The EZA Community's Top 20 GameCube Games of all time. Below are the rules to follow in order to participate in the ranking of games on the phenomenal console that is the Nintendo GameCube.

Here are the rules:

Votes are secret!!! Please DO NOT tell anybody else the games you voted for on this page. Spoilers will not be accepted and your votes will not count if you choose to tell people on here what yours are.

You must DM me your votes and do so before the deadline stated below, however, so long as the countdown hasn't begun I will accept late entries.

You may select your Top 8 GameCube games, with a top 4 and 4 Honorable Mentions. You can submit a top 4 without honorable mentions if you choose, but you must choose at least 4 games in order for your vote to be counted. Here is the point system:

#1: 5 points
    #2 4 points
    #3 3 points
    #4 2 points
    Honorable Mentions: 1 point each

Games are only eligible if they existed on Nintendo GameCube and were released in the US and Europe.

• All GameCube games are eligible unless they are not released in the US/Europe

• DLC expansions and beta/early access games are not eligible

• Stand alone games are eligible as are ports and third-party games

• Remakes are eligible

September 9th is the deadline day for you to submit votes with the countdown commencing the following Monday. Again, if you can get them to me by the deadline they will be accepted as late entries. Ideally I'd like to have at least 20 voters altogether, so if you can vote please do! Thank you and enjoy!

• Sadly, my time with the GameCube was very short, and I initially didn't think I would even have enough games to form a ballot to participate. There are four I did play, but this is a vote where my participation is going to take a nose dive, because of the four games I had, I only have fond feelings towards two of them, one which was just revealed in our top 2003 countdown...

• Yeeeeah... Never owned a GameCube, hardly even played any of its games. I'll sit this one out. Sadly, as there's not too many of us participating in these.

• If there's low participation, Top 15 is still an option. IMO, the GameCube library is a bit top-heavy, so I think Top 15 should still look fairly comprehensive.

• One of my favorite systems ever. To be honest I think Japanese only games should also be allowed. I don't have any Japanese games to vote for but I wouldn't mind seeing them on he list.

• @neocweeny said in The EZA Community Top 20 GameCube Games:

One of my favorite systems ever. To be honest I think Japanese only games should also be allowed. I don't have any Japanese games to vote for but I wouldn't mind seeing them on he list.

Do you have any examples of well liked Japan-only GC games?

• @oscillator No but I don't want this to be the standard. I would be happy to see if somebody did played and liked a Japanese game.

• My votes are in!

I never owned a GameCube, so all my picks were played on different consoles. I got a Dreamcast in 2000 and then went with the PS2 a few years later. It wasn't until I bought a Wii, that I was finally able to play some exclusive GameCube games.

• I'm not sure I'm comfortable with voting when I never owned or even seen a Gamecube with my own eyes IRL so I might be skipping this one, lol

• I never played GameCube. I never saw anyone playing it. I never even saw anything GameCube-related in the stores. And I think the first time I've heard about this system was somewhere around 2010, when it was already a historical relic. Since my knowledge of GameCube doesn't go beyound "it existed", I will skip this vote.

• If there are too few voters I think I may end this top 20 countdown, that is if those who voted are in agreement. I'll instead boot up a Top 20 PS2 Games vote, which I'm sure will be more popular amongst the community.

• Put my selection in. Although we know the number 1 already (Wario World), it will definitely be an interesting list.

• @jdincinerator I will still vote. It's a very difficult one for me. I have more than 8 Gamecube games I really love.

• @neocweeny Honestly I love the GameCube and is my absolute favorite system, but I didn't actually have many games for it. I missed utter classics like Eternal Darkness, The Thousand Year Door and Metroid. I think one of my fondest memories was returning from a school trip when I was 10 and my mum greeted me and had bought me The Simpsons: Road Rage on GameCube. Also GameCube was entirely mine because my family didn't play it only I did and it was set up in my room.

• @jdincinerator I also still have yet to play Eternal Darkness and Paper Mario despite ownin them. Fire Emblem Path√© of Radiance is also another big one in my backlog.

• u lot were deprived children. gamecube was and still is one of my favourite consoles of all time. such good gaming times were had

• I personally only added one port on my list, if I'd been completely truthful as to my favourite games on the system it would have been dominated by Resident Evil due to RE2, RE3 and CVX also all being on the console.

• I had a GameCube but I feel like it's hard to narrow down our lists when pretty much everything is eligable. Most of the GC games I played were multiplat like NFS, THPS, NHL, etc. I did play exclusives too, but not all of them.

I wonder if we should maybe narrow the pool down to exclusives?

• @dipset I'd prefer to widen the pool because then more people will be inclined to vote. You've played third-party games, so include them that's no problem.

• I think is also good to widen the pool. You can vote for whatever you want. If you don't like to include those multiplatform games then don't put them on your list.

Also you would open so many more discussions about what is allowed and what is not. Like Resident Evil 4 is also multiplatform but it's a pretty iconic Gamecube game.