EZA Forums' Noteworthy New Games of October 2022

• Sorry for being late, very busy irl rn...

The gist of it is to list new games that you are interested in, as well as games you are potentially curious about or want to give wider attention to. I encourage you to give a description of the game, post a trailer of it, maybe link an article that talks about the game in more depth too, basically anything that would be informative to people who doesn't know the game.

"New games" means any new title that is being released or ported this month in any capacity, not backlogs or what you are playing this month. The spirit of this thread here is to share your hype and promote game discovery, as opposed to sharing comments about a first playthrough in progress.

If you need a handy list that covers most of the major upcoming games of the month, here's a couple:
    Game Informer
    VG247
    Wikipedia

Final request: If you are the first person to mention a game, a description (at least a short sentence) of it would be very much appreciated! Especially if it's a non-AAA release. This would help make this thread more useful as a discovery mechanism, as it helps out anyone who doesn't follow the news as closely as you.

• A Plague Tale: Requiem
    Youtube Video

Easily the biggest game of the month in my eyes. The predecessor, A Plague Tale: Innocence was so good I completed it twice and I'd like to give the PS5 version a once over before this one comes out. Hugo and Amicia's perils look to be far greater this time out and I'd like to see improvements and expansions of some of the qualities of Innocence.

• A Plague Tale: Requiem is also my most anticipated game this month. It's the sequel to one of my favorite games of 2019 and it's on Xbox Game Pass.

As usual, October is a pretty stacked month and here are a few more games I'm excited to play:

Mario + Rabbids Sparks of Hope
    Youtube Video

Gotham Knights
    Youtube Video

Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord
    Youtube Video

• My most anticipated is Signalis, a very stylish retro 3D graphics survival horror game. I want to get into horror games and this looks so appealing to me. Comes out October 27 on PS4, XB1, Switch, and PC.

Youtube Video

I'm also interested in Asterigos: Curse of the Stars. It's a souls-like with an art style that kinda reminds me of Kena from 2 years back, and it seems quite unique for a souls-like, at least as somebody that's not a big fan of the genre. Also I love the main character's design. This kinda feels the same space as Valkyrie Elysium to me, waiting to see if I play this or Elysium. Comes out October 11 to Xbox Series, PS4/5 and PC.
    Youtube Video

Asterigos' demo is on Steam Next Fest rn so check it out if you like.

• Call of Duty: Modern Warfare II

Youtube Video

^Premiers tomorrow

I'm really hyped for this game. I wasn't blown away from the beta but it was such a small slice. Modern Warfare 2019 was one of the best FPS games ever made with some of the slickest smoothest gunplay. Now IW raised the bar with even better animations and insane details in the guns and equipment.

For the first time in a while, Call of Duty seems to have significant recoil in the shooting animation, but the guns are still easy to control. The muzzle flash fx and little details like the gas and smoke from the barrel are really unreal. Everything just adds up to an amazing experience. You feel the big budget when you play these games. Cannot wait to go wild in the Search & Destroy lobbies.

alt text

https://gfycat.com/massiveselfishislandwhistler

I recorded this gameplay from the 3rd Person Mode in the beta. It was a surprisingly fun and I feel like it'll be amazing in Elimination-based modes instead of respawning. If they got rid of the 1st person ADS in 3rd person mode, we'd basically have a new SOCOM game.

taps foot... Sony... you know what you could be doing right now...

• @dipset I'm excited for this too, haven't been hyped for CoD in a while now. 3rd person mode is real fun in the beta, and the gunplay feels very... surgical. I'm not too excited to give Acti-Blizz my money but I'll give it a shot sometime after launch.

• I'm very excited about Scorn. Seems like a very unique game. Not being centred around shooting is a big plus for me. I love the atmosphere and attention to detail. Slow paced exploration and puzzle solving mixed with some action, I'm all in.

I'm not expecting it to set the world on fire but I'm optimistic. They certainly took their time with the game and all they've shown recently impressed me, seems very polished and intentional in its design.

Edit: Mario+, Bayo3 and Plague Tale too. Gonna be a good month.

• Bayonetta 3 and the new Star Ocean are must buys for me but it's the release of the Chaos Head/Chaos Child pack on Switch that I'm looking forward too first. While Child has a western release quite a while ago, Chaos Head has never been released here.

Youtube Video

• Kamiwaza: Way of the Thief is out now apparently. It's a remaster of a Japan-only PS2 game made by the creator Tenchu, and this is kind of like those games but you play as a thief instead.

Youtube Video

• BookMyEssay provides Proposal Essay Examples and Writing Guidance for students. The company always supports new users in their quest for higher understanding by providing writing help from top writers.
    Visit us - https://www.bookmyessay.com/proposal-essay-examples-and-writing-guidance/

• Youtube Video

Ghost Busters: Spirits Unleashed

Just in time for Halloween, Spirits Unleashed looks like it could be a spooky treat where you can play as a ghost or a Ghostbuster. It's marked down from the standard Triple A price too, so could be worth picking up for some creepy co-operative fun.

Youtube Video

New Tales from the Borderlands
    If you couldn't get enough of the 2014/2015 Tales from the Borderlands episodes, this new take should be an exciting prospect. Containing Borderlands' signature humor and style, New Tales from the Borderlands should be a great treat, and just like with Spirits Unleashed-this too is cheaper than the regular full-priced Triple A release.