Games That Don't Age

• throughout the years, there have been various games that I don't think will ever age. One of these I think is The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim. Yes, it doesn't look great, but the RPG experience of Skyrim hasn't aged a day in the past 11 years since it came out, I feel. It's a phenomenal game as far as world building and exploration is concerned, few RPGs and games and general can match let alone surpass its addictive and awe-inspiring gameplay qualities. I don't think any game makes drawing and firing arrows feel as amazing as Skyrim does. Sure, it's a game about the ascendancy of great power, it's not deep, and character attachment is arguably threadbare-but when it comes to sheer artistry and scope-it's really hard to top it within its genre.

What games do you think are timeless and will still be amazing decades from now?

• @jdincinerator Also people who play Skyrim on PC can can keep it looking great with mods.

Youtube Video

I feel that many of the best SNES games have aged well. Games like Super Mario World, The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past, Chrono Trigger, Super Metroid, Yoshi's Island, Mega Man X, Donkey Kong Country and more are still great today. They have such great art, graphics, music and gameplay design.

• @jdincinerator Skyrim is a great pick.

I'll go with Half-life 2. Not unlike Skyrim, the issues it has today are the same it had back then but, at the same time, what made it great it's still as great as it ever was.

Which might also be because nothing came out since that made me think "damn, this better than HL2". Not unlike Skyrim too, there's plenty of open world games but nothing that does what Skyrim did.

• Max Payne 1 as it still play fresh as new.

@phbz said in Games That Don't Age:

@jdincinerator Skyrim is a great pick.

I'll go with Half-life 2. Not unlike Skyrim, the issues it has today are the same it had back then but, at the same time, what made it great it's still as great as it ever was.

Which might also be because nothing came out since that made me think "damn, this better than HL2". Not unlike Skyrim too, there's plenty of open world games but nothing that does what Skyrim did.

When it comes to gameplay/combat Doom and Doom Eternal blow Half life 2 out of water and its not even close my friend.

• @b-cell I also love french fries.

• For me it's Ico for sure. Played it for the first time like 1.5 years ago, it felt so fresh to me. There's a lot of those kind of puzzle platformer games these days but the minimalist way that Ico does it is wonderful. It's in my top 5 fav games of all time and it's also easily my favorite of Fumito Ueda's trilogy.