Your top 10 most anticipated games of 2023?

• @bam541

The Invincible looks cool but I want to see more of it before I get excited to play it. I worry it'll be a bit too "walking sim" for my liking but the aesthetic is awesome and 11 Bit is a good publisher (Beat Cop, Frostpunk).

• @dipset
    FYI a few tracks from Bomb Rush have been released if you want to give them a listen. They good jamz
    Youtube Video

• My top 3 most anticipated games were also on my list of most anticipated games of 2022 so I'm hopeful they actually will release next year.

1. The Legend Of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom
    2. Baldur's Gate III
    3. Starfield
    4. Fire Emblem: Engage
    5. Octopath Traveler II
    6. Star Wars Jedi: Survivor
    7. Spider-Man 2
    8. Sea of Stars
    9. Atomic Heart
    10. Resident Evil 4

• The Invincible - Seems like the kind of game it will get 6/10 everywhere and end up being on my top 3 for the year.

Starfield - I love their games and many years have passed since Fallout 4

Atomic Heart - Seems janky but very cool

System Shock - From what I've played so far it will be great

Zelda TotK - Recent Switch titles left me somewhat skeptical

Silksong - sequel to a GOAT. Very high expectations! I'm nervous!

Redfall - Just because it's Arkane. The more they show the better it looks but still...

Metroid Prime 4... please 😢

Frostpunk 2 - Didn't knew it was supposed to come out, but if it is I'm all in.

STALKER 2 - For the worst possible reasons it won't come out but I still have hope.

• @dipset it reminds me a lot of Firewatch which I really like. I'm curious if it's more than that but either way I'm probably gonna be excited for it, unless it just goes full on dumb game.

• @phbz said in Your top 10 most anticipated games of 2023?:

Zelda TotK - Recent Switch titles left me somewhat skeptical

Do you mean in terms of missing release dates or not meeting your expectations?

• I have reservations about the System Shock remake. I haven't played the original but I've very aware of it. The original has such an incredible and atmospheric aesthetic. This remake looks really cartoony and vivid. It seems like they made the decision to go loud visually, and it doesn't resonate with me at all. Compare it to RE4 Remake where the new visuals are almost like an expansion of the original style that couldn't be accomplished on Game Cube.

• @e_zed_eh_intern It's just that the hardware's age is showing.

• @dipset said in Your top 10 most anticipated games of 2023?:

I have reservations about the System Shock remake. I haven't played the original but I've very aware of it. The original has such an incredible and atmospheric aesthetic. This remake looks really cartoony and vivid. It seems like they made the decision to go loud visually, and it doesn't resonate with me at all. Compare it to RE4 Remake where the new visuals are almost like an expansion of the original style that couldn't be accomplished on Game Cube.

comparing big budet AAAA remake to indie remake? come on.

mainstream media will praise anything mainstream but System shock definitely better. more creative, more deeper.

• @phbz Ah, roger that. I played BOTW on Wii U but I remember Jones even said that game, a launch title, had frame rate issues on Switch too. What have the more recent culprits been? I've got a fairly tall pile of Switch games I have yet to open and play so hopefully none of those :P

• @b-cell

Plenty of indies have great art styles. System Shock remake's art style looks pretty bubblegum / art pop mainstream visuals to me. So no, I don't think it looks more creative and better.

It looks like an extension of Bioshock Infinite than System Shock.

Just my take on the visuals. I might like it once it's in my hands.

• @e_zed_eh_intern Bayonetta 3 can look ugly AF and performance isn't smooth at all. Mario + Rabbids wasn't great too, looked worse than the original.

I still trust Nintendo to deliver a great game.

• @dipset said in Your top 10 most anticipated games of 2023?:

@b-cell

Plenty of indies have great art styles. System Shock remake's art style looks pretty bubblegum / art pop mainstream visuals to me. So no, I don't think it looks more creative and better.

It looks like an extension of Bioshock Infinite than System Shock.

Just my take on the visuals. I might like it once it's in my hands.

the level design and inventory system is anything but Bioshock infinite LOL!!

• The System Shock art style works great for me. It took me right back to the original while obviously not being the same. I love when remakes manage to achieve that balance between the visual upgrade and maintaining the vibe.

• They seem like completely different vibes visually to my eyes. System Shock looks like Y2K Matrix-era blue-green dark sci-fi kinda vibe.

New one looks cartoony to me. Loud, vivid, colourful, not too dark.

Again, I haven’t played the demo but it just seems like something else entirely. Especially the animations and such. Just have this Euro-indie style to the movement like a Metro game or something.

Just feels slightly off.

• Street Fighter 6 - There is just something about this game just from the last closed beta that says "This game is firing on all cylinders" there's this sense of confidence to it that I don't think Street Fighter has had since Super Street Fighter 4. Plus it's just damn fun to play.

Resident Evil 4 - Looks to be more of a expansion of RE4 then a remake, still cautious over this but it's looking good. Also CHAINSAW PARRIES!!!!

Zelda TOK - Loved Breath of the Wild, and how it did live up to my description all the way back on the last GT Community Comments video, as it really did live up to how I always envisioned running around Hyrule as a kid back when I first played Ocarina of Time.

Bomb Rush Cyberfunk - Love Jet Set Radio, love Naganuma's OST. Don't think I need to add any more then that.

Yakuza/Like a Dragon - Got two games coming next year with Ishin finally getting a western release and I can't wait to see peoples reactions to some of it's more insane bits, and a title exploring Kiryu between 6 and 7.

Star Wars: Jedi Survivor - Loved the first one as it was a nice surprise (not hurt by Target selling it for Half off before release), and I can't wait to see where else this little mix of Dark Souls and Uncharted goes.

Assassins Creed Mirage - Kinda 50/50 on it, but if it's allegedly bringing back the parkour of Unity then I will be more excited

Spooder-Man 2 - If it's more of the first with some QOL updates and some extra animations then I'll be happy, Tony Todd as Venom is also the icing on the cake.

• @sheria

btw sher, did you imagine 10 years ago that 10 years later I will be anticipating a Final Fantasy game. JRPG. lol.

• @b-cell said in Your top 10 most anticipated games of 2023?:

@sheria

btw sher, did you imagine 10 years ago that 10 years later I will be anticipating a Final Fantasy game. JRPG. lol.

Think we've been here but no, I wouldn't. That said though, would you enjoy an older / more traditional Jrpg? Still begs the question.

• @sheria said in Your top 10 most anticipated games of 2023?:

@b-cell said in Your top 10 most anticipated games of 2023?:

@sheria

Think we've been here but no, I wouldn't. That said though, would you enjoy an older / more traditional Jrpg? Still begs the question.

Nope. its miracle I enjoy FF7 remake. didnot expect it. enjoyed its combat and its story and setting. although it can be dragged a bit like one where cloud has to dress as girl to save tifa lol. the section is dragged.

beside RPG games I never big on. they always have bad gameplay. let alone JRPG with turn based combat. FF7 combat is pretty good.

recently played Mass effect legendary edition and i wish instead of some mediocre cover shooter mix with RPG. it should have been pure action game or just FPS with RPG elements. such interesting sci fi lore wasted on cover based shooter with RPG elements.

• I think you missed the point in that you