Vote for the EZA Community GOTY 2022

• Hello everyone!

With 2022 coming to an end, it's time once again to shine a spotlight on the years best games with our annual EZA Community GOTY election!

If you're curious to revisit the previous years GOTY, here is a link to our -- 2021 GOTY results --. Last year Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart was honored as our winner! What game will win this election? Let's all vote and find out together!

Here are the rules:

Votes are secret!! Don't post them here and instead send me your list via the chat function / private message of the forum.

You may select up to 8 games, a ranked Top 4 and up to 4 honorable mentions. They will be scored as follows:

#1: 5 points
    #2: 4 points
    #3: 3 points
    #4: 2 points
    Honorable mentions: 1 point each

Honorable mentions are optional, but you must at least have a Top 4.

Games are eligible only if they were released in the West (US and/or Europe) for the first time in 2022, with the following caveats:

• "Straight" ports to new platforms in 2022 are not eligible.
    • "Enhanced" ports, with some new content/features are also not eligible.
    • DLCs and expansions are not eligible.
    • Games in beta / early access are not eligible.
    • Stand-alones are eligible.
    • Full remakes are eligible.

January 31st will be the last day to submit your votes. You can update changes to your submitted list at any time before that date. Make sure to look over the list of eligible games below carefully before submitting your votes. Thank you and have fun!

• Suggested List of Eligible Games:

January

Nobody Saves the World, Expeditions: Rome, Pupperazzi, Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Extraction, Windjammers 2, Not For Broadcast, Serious Sam: Siberian Mayhem, Pokémon Legends: Arceus, Strange Horticulture

February

Dying Light 2 Stay Human, OlliOlli World, Sifu, Getsu Fūma Den: Undying Moon, CrossfireX, Lost Ark, Infernax, The King of Fighters XV, Total War: Warhammer III, Voice of Cards: The Forsaken Maiden, Horizon Forbidden West, Monark, Martha Is Dead, Elden Ring, Grid Legends

March

Aperture Desk Job, Dawn of the Monsters, ELEX II, Far: Changing Tides, Ghostwire: Tokyo - Prelude, Shadow Warrior 3, Babylon's Fall, Gran Turismo 7, Triangle Strategy, Chocobo GP, Distant Worlds 2, WWE 2K22, Tunic, Stranger of Paradise: Final Fantasy Origin, Syberia: The World Before, Rune Factory 5, A Memoir Blue, Norco, Tentacular, Ghostwire: Tokyo, Kirby and the Forgotten Land, Tiny Tina's Wonderlands, Moss: Book II, Weird West

April

Lego Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga, MLB The Show 22, Chinatown Detective Agency, The House of the Dead: Remake, Postal 4: No Regerts, Teardown, Galactic Civilizations IV, Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodhunt, Rogue Legacy 2, Nintendo Switch Sports, Dorfromantik

May

Citizen Sleeper, RiffTrax: The Game, Trek to Yomi, Warhammer 40,000: Chaos Gate - Daemonhunters, Eiyuden Chronicle: Rising, Salt and Sacrifice, Evil Dead: The Game, Vampire: The Masquerade – Swansong, Hardspace: Shipbreaker, Roller Champions, Sniper Elite 5, Kao the Kangaroo

June

Silt, Card Shark, Freshly Frosted, Diablo Immortal, The Cycle: Frontier, Mario Strikers: Battle League, The Quarry, Neon White, Redout 2, Starship Troopers: Terran Command, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Shredder's Revenge, Fire Emblem Warriors: Three Hopes, Pocky & Rocky Reshrined, DNF Duel

July

AI: The Somnium Files – Nirvana Initiative, Escape Academy, PowerWash Simulator, As Dusk Falls, Stray, Live A Live, Octopath Traveler: Champions of the Continent, Digimon Survive, Xenoblade Chronicles 3

August

Frogun, Two Point Campus, Cult of the Lamb, Rumbleverse, Rollerdrome, Kirby's Dream Buffet, Cursed to Golf, Madden NFL 23, Saints Row, Earth Defense Force 6, Shin-chan: Me and the Professor on Summer Vacation, Soul Hackers 2, BROK the InvestiGator, Destroy All Humans! 2: Reprobed, F1 Manager 2022, Immortality, PlateUp!

September

The Last of Us Part I, Ooblets, Temtem, NBA 2K23, Splatoon 3, Trombone Champ, Return to Monkey Island, Gundam Evolution, Session: Skate Sim, Shovel Knight Dig, Grounded, The Legend of Heroes: Trails from Zero, Deathverse: Let It Die, Valkyrie Profile, FIFA 23, Metal: Hellsinger

October

Vampire Survivors, Dakar Desert Rally, Nickelodeon Kart Racers 3: Slime Speedway, Lego Bricktales, Asterix & Obelix XXXL: The Ram From Hibernia, Dragon Ball: The Breakers, NHL 23, PGA Tour 2K23, Scorn, A Plague Tale: Requiem, Ghostbusters: Spirits Unleashed, The Jackbox Party Pack 9, Mario + Rabbids Sparks of Hope, Gotham Knights, New Tales from the Borderlands, Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord, Victoria 3, Signalis, Star Ocean: The Divine Force, Bayonetta 3, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare II, Resident Evil RE:Verse, Marvel Snap, The Case of the Golden Idol

November

Ghost Song, Harvestella, A Little to the Left, Goddess of Victory: Nikke, Sonic Frontiers, God of War Ragnarök, Among Us VR, Floodland, Pentiment, Somerville, Goat Simulator 3, The Dark Pictures Anthology: The Devil in Me, Pokémon Scarlet and Violet, Evil West, Soccer Story, Front Mission 1st: Remake, Warhammer 40,000: Darktide, The Entropy Centre, I Was a Teenage Exocolonist

December

Super Kiwi 64, The Callisto Protocol, Marvel's Midnight Suns, Need for Speed Unbound, Hello Neighbor 2, Dragon Quest Treasures, High on Life, River City Girls 2, Sports Story

Late Additions

X

If any of your favorite eligible games are not on this list - then leave a comment below and I'll add it to the Late Additions section.

• While I have my ballot good to go, there are three games I have questions about (and thus it will determine what counts, to include what will decided as my GOTY.). Interesting year for me overall.

• I'll paticipate, but I'll send my votes much later as there are still some 2022 games I want to play.

• Yoooo. I'd argue that TLoU Part I shouldn't be eligible. It's basically the same game. It is, really.

I'd almost say that to every remake; only reimaginings should be open for votes. Things like FFVII Remake (yes, I see it :P ) or the recent RE2 and RE3, along with upcoming RE4.

• @sentinel-beach It is in terms of story and levels, but on technical level it is much more than you typical HD port. I believe they redid AI, so gameplay is altered too. It's a tough case, but I think we can allow it.

P.S. Haven't played it, will not play it soon, so will not vote for it anyway.

• @sentinel-beach That's one of the three games I had asked Shoulderguy about, and they swayed me on the basis of the accessibility features; Allowing the game to be played in a fundamentally different way for many more people than before I feel warrants consideration. However, initially speaking, I'm with you because aside from that, the remodel of the characters, and the lighting, there's absolutely nothing different from the original, nor the remaster.

• Was Persona 4 Golden eligible? If not, then it's an argument against The Last of Us part I.

• @ffff0 Doesn't P4G come out next month?

• @jdincinerator It does on PC and consoles, but it came out on Vita in 2012.

• @ffff0 Oh right you're asking about whether P4G was eligible in the 2012 GOTY vote as it's a remaster of the 2008 game-my mistake.

• P4G was not allowed. P5R also was not allowed. I only remember because somebody was pretty upset about it, don't recall who.

• @sentinel-beach TLoU Part I is basically the same game but it's also completely remade.

Remakes have always been eligible and I don't think we need to change the rule for this game.

Youtube Video

• I love the game, it sits in my all-time Top 3, but these GOTY lists should be about new games. Part I changed nothing where it matters in that area. If it's in, I'm out.

• We've always included these kind of remakes. Like Halo: Anniversary, Spyro and Crash remakes, Spongebob Battle for Bikini Bottom,...

If you don't like it, don't vote for it. I think we should keep the same rules as always.

• @neocweeny said in Vote for the EZA Community GOTY 2022:

We've always included these kind of remakes. Like Halo: Anniversary, Spyro and Crash remakes, Spongebob Battle for Bikini Bottom,...

Yes, and the Bluepoint remakes of Demon's Souls and Shadow of the Colossus are good examples. Because not every remake is made with the intent of significantly changing the game.

@sentinel-beach said in Vote for the EZA Community GOTY 2022:

I love the game, it sits in my all-time Top 3, but these GOTY lists should be about new games. Part I changed nothing where it matters in that area. If it's in, I'm out.

I don't think the quality of a remake should be a factor towards it's eligibility. If you don't think it does enough to separate itself from the original - then that's a valid reason not to vote for it. But that's not a reason to disqualify it.

• Bluepoint's remakes is a great argument. The Last of Us Part I is definitely one of those, so now I'm convinced that we should allow it.

• Would it be a problem for anyone if TLOU won GOTY again both for the 2013 vote and the 2022 vote? I don't think it'll win of course. I think we all know which game's going to win.

• @jdincinerator said in Vote for the EZA Community GOTY 2022:

Would it be a problem for anyone if TLOU won GOTY again both for the 2013 vote and the 2022 vote? I don't think it'll win of course. I think we all know which game's going to win.

Sadly there are so few playing these days I don't see the point in making it all serious. I don't consider TLOU Part 1 to be a true remake personally, but I don't care if it's included. God of War or Elden Ring is going to win anyway

• Man this years list is gonna be a joke from me. I only played a very small handful of 2022 games, and haven't even finished most of them. I can probably rank them on how much fun I had, but I feel like its a bit unfair to the devs when I haven't finished them all.

Either way, should make for an interesting list.