Vote for the EZA Community GOTY 2022

• We've always included these kind of remakes. Like Halo: Anniversary, Spyro and Crash remakes, Spongebob Battle for Bikini Bottom,...

If you don't like it, don't vote for it. I think we should keep the same rules as always.

• @neocweeny said in Vote for the EZA Community GOTY 2022:

We've always included these kind of remakes. Like Halo: Anniversary, Spyro and Crash remakes, Spongebob Battle for Bikini Bottom,...

Yes, and the Bluepoint remakes of Demon's Souls and Shadow of the Colossus are good examples. Because not every remake is made with the intent of significantly changing the game.

@sentinel-beach said in Vote for the EZA Community GOTY 2022:

I love the game, it sits in my all-time Top 3, but these GOTY lists should be about new games. Part I changed nothing where it matters in that area. If it's in, I'm out.

I don't think the quality of a remake should be a factor towards it's eligibility. If you don't think it does enough to separate itself from the original - then that's a valid reason not to vote for it. But that's not a reason to disqualify it.

• Bluepoint's remakes is a great argument. The Last of Us Part I is definitely one of those, so now I'm convinced that we should allow it.

• Would it be a problem for anyone if TLOU won GOTY again both for the 2013 vote and the 2022 vote? I don't think it'll win of course. I think we all know which game's going to win.

• @jdincinerator said in Vote for the EZA Community GOTY 2022:

Would it be a problem for anyone if TLOU won GOTY again both for the 2013 vote and the 2022 vote? I don't think it'll win of course. I think we all know which game's going to win.

Sadly there are so few playing these days I don't see the point in making it all serious. I don't consider TLOU Part 1 to be a true remake personally, but I don't care if it's included. God of War or Elden Ring is going to win anyway

• Man this years list is gonna be a joke from me. I only played a very small handful of 2022 games, and haven't even finished most of them. I can probably rank them on how much fun I had, but I feel like its a bit unfair to the devs when I haven't finished them all.

Either way, should make for an interesting list.

• @dipset Same. I think I only finished 2 games from 2022.

• I feel like there are a LOT of polarizing games this year. Pretty sure I’ve played 1 game and have not yet finished it…or played it in weeks.

• Bumping the topic. Reminder January 31st is the last day you can submit your GOTY lists. Also, you can send me a list now and update it later if you want to add any games.

• Votes sent. Solid year for me, easy to pick my top 4 but the HM were a struggle, had to left out some favourites. Also disappointing that one of my most anticipated games in the last years didn't even made it to my top 8. Please let the Switch die Nintendo!

• They should had a new one with ToTK release at least. Dissapointing to think about the compromise it will get probably.

Bayonetta 3 was downright embarrassing sometimes.

• Friendly reminder, you have 10 days left to vote. So start finalizing those lists soon and get them sent to me!

I've currently received 12 lists.

• I will be sending mine after the next weekend. There are still some games I want to check before voitiing.

• @shoulderguy I would have sent mine in already but I was intending to play a bunch of 2022 games beforehand. However, I feel I can put together a top 8 regardless-but more time is more opportunity to play the games before voting.

• Update: 5 days left to vote and 24 lists have been submitted.

• While two dozen isn't like the height of the forums, it still feels like to me that it's a larger number I've grown accustomed to recently, and I'm happy to see so many participating for this one.

Excited to see the reveals!

• @brannox I've been accepting lists from the Easy Allies Discord and subreddit to increase participation. I would have preferred all voters use the forums to vote but I know most people stopped visiting the forums.

When the countdown starts, I'll encourage voters to follow along here and share their thoughts with us.

Also, thanks to the higher participation we can finally get back to having a top 25 countdown!

• @shoulderguy Absolutely excellent. This is very heartening to read.

• Just sent my list.

It was a bit too early for me, there's a lot of games I know would probably make my list but didn't have time to play yet, so it's a bit heartbreaking, and won't be very representative. But it's better than nothing!

• I've sent my list. Didn't have time to play one more game, but it would probably be in my honorable mentions only and in my list only, so it's fine.