I love this forum layout.

• Maybe I'm just old and there have been new forums since vbulletin was the prominent forum style on the internet, but I have never seen a forum designed like this. I love how there aren't pages anymore. I love how adding a reply or a topic simply pops up from the bottom of the screen, and you can maximize it without going to a new page. I love how everything is easily clickable. Even the mobile version of the site is great.

What I'm trying to say is, great job to the guy who made this forum. :two_hearts:

EDIT: I JUST NOTICED THERE IS AN EMOTICON SEARCH.

• Brent thank you <3

• admin

For the record, I didn't make this forum. Just picked it.

• @UltimateBrent well picked .. Discourse feels like the future of forums in the age of Facebook groups and other social media :)

I would however love to see a little bit more focus on the upvoting and downvoting (larger icons). Also, having some form of nested conversation view might be helpful as an option.

• Yeah, I gotta say, I'm very happy with this choice as well. I've been admiring Discourse from afar for quite some time now, but unfortunately never had a server powerful enough to run it myself and most of the forums I run into that use the system are forums that don't really hold my interest. It's really a considerable step up from the old forum software of olde thus far! Everything I dreamed of.

• @marcel I don't even think downvotes are that good of an idea, to be honest. Part of the reason why I don't like Reddit, it just promotes bullying.

• @Hoken Yeah, that's why Facebook never really had a downvote (dislike). Even with the new emoji reactions on Facebook, there isn't really a dislike one. Maybe @UltimateBrent can disable the downvote if the system allows it and there is a need for it down the road. Are dislikes even visible somehow?

• @marcel yep, they're visible. I don't see the use for them at all. Am I supposed to downvote people who love Huber more than Bosman? Anything that's legitimately inflammatory about the allies would be removed by an admin regardless, don't see a reason why it would ever be handy.

Points are shown on your profile as well, which pretty much promotes pandering in the long run.

• @Hoken Yeah, probably upvoting only would be better ;) Having a -1 on my comment is somewhat more discouraging than having no likes :D

• @marcel I also notice there is no report function for posts, but that's probably because there aren't any mods about yet.

Anticipate these things will get sorted out once the soft launch is over as well as E3!

• @Hoken said in I love this forum layout.:

@marcel I also notice there is no report function for posts, but that's probably because there aren't any mods about yet.

Anticipate these things will get sorted out once the soft launch is over as well as E3!

I found it! Click the little three vertical dot column... thingy next to the upvote/downvote counter on a post, and you'll see a small menu with an option that allows you to flag a post for moderation. :surfer:

• @tomoko I'm such a goof! That's exactly where I looked!

• @marcel said in I love this forum layout.:

@UltimateBrent well picked .. Discourse feels like the future of forums in the age of Facebook groups and other social media :)

I would however love to see a little bit more focus on the upvoting and downvoting (larger icons). Also, having some form of nested conversation view might be helpful as an option.

From what I seen of Discourse; it doesn't feel well done from where I sit.

I'm used to vBulletin, but I discovered something called http://www.xenforo.com - developed by the same exact people who did the vB3 line that GameTrailers was using for the longest time.

xenForo allows for notifications of threads like facebook would for - likes, comments, etc.

• admin

To clarify, this is not Discourse. It's NodeBB, which stole a lot of design things that Discourse first enacted.

We will not be switching forum software, so please give suggestions for mods or changes instead of some other software.