What are your plans for this summer?

• Summer's just around the corner! What are all of you, my fellow allies, gonna be up to?

I'm just hoping for great weather, since we've been missing that proper spring-vibe here in Holland. As I'm typing this, it's just pouring from the heavens again and judging from the forecast it's gonna stay that way the entire week. Some of you might have heard about the torrent of rainstorms we've had here in Europe for the past weeks.

As for my own plans: I'm heading to Sardinia in less then two weeks, I've heard from multiple sources it's supposed to be beautiful. So I'm definitely looking forward to that. Ofcourse I'll be taking lots of photographs. Man, I just hope the weather's gonna be good! Going to keep working for the entire month of July, take a few weeks of holiday in August for a city trip and some festivals. Overall good stuff but nothing too far away nor fancy.

• Just got back from my holiday for the year so now its time to do some work! Also some work outside of work! My own game dev projects and writing about geeky things has really fallen by the wayside since me and my wife welcomed our first child into the world.

At some point I am presumably going to try and play some games and tackle my eternal backlog. Got a bunch of half-days and long weekends coming up that I am planning on taking full advantage of.

• I'm saving up for a trip to Japan next year so I don't plan on doing anything extravagant this year. Probably just some weekends of going to the seaside, hiking up the mountains and going to the summer Rock/Metal festivals here in the country. I also have a huge gaming backlog so I'll want to tackle that at some point.

• @crimilde said in What are your plans for this summer?:

I'm saving up for a trip to Japan next year so I don't plan on doing anything extravagant this year. Probably just some weekends of going to the seaside, hiking up the mountains and going to the summer Rock/Metal festivals here in the country. I also have a huge gaming backlog so I'll want to tackle that at some point.

Will this be your first trip to Japan? :heart_eyes: Would love to know where you plan on going.. just the traditional tokyo route or other places. LOVE Japan. Sorry lol. I can never have enough of that country.

Still unsure about my plans, but sometime in August might travel for a few weeks with the family. Although, I miss my trips to Orlando, FL. Had a streak of a few summers there and it's just lovely being surrounded by Disney. XD

• I plan to spend as little time outside as possible, it hits 110 out here. Come august I'll be inside entirely.

• @Hesperus Yep, first one. :grin:
    I'm planning on spending a couple of days in Tokyo (Akihabara would be my major stop for shopping purposes), they Kyoto, Nara and Osaka for some temple and castle run, and maybe, just maybe, if I manage to save enough money, Okinawa.

• Not much this year, I'm afraid. I'm in a somewhat difficult/completely unexpected situation with a school debt that has taken away most of my summer, but it's not too bad because I've been able to knock a lot of things off of my backlog! Looking forward to Zero Time Dilemma in particular, which I've taken a couple days of work off for. Other than that, I've gotten through Uncharted 3 and 4 and am working on Yakuza 3, Demon's Souls ,and StarCraft 2. Perhaps it was a blessing in disguise?

• Some local festivals here in the end of June and after that I'm going to Greece for 2weeks, gonna enjoy myself and not move a finger for 2 whole weeks.

• I will be transitioning between job roles and starting a couple of small side-projects, so I will probably spend a lot of time working and then chilling and BBQ over the weekends. Hoping to go for a short holiday in September or October when the crowds quiet down in holiday destinations ;)

• Doing some corporate video work for my school during the summer. Nothing too exciting.