WWE - Who is hyped!?

• We need a WWE topic right?
    Let us a hear a roar from all the wrestling allies.

When did you start watching?
    Who is your all time favorite?
    Favorite match of all time?
    And current hero?

I was born in 88, and some of my first wrestling memories was of The Undertaker. Damn, he scared me as a kid. I really got into wrestling in the beginning of the ruthless era. I had seen stuff from the attitude era, but living outside of the US, it was hard to get acces to WWE(F) shows. By this point I had to buy the VHS tapes, and they could be hard to track down.
    But through the power of the internet the ruthless area really opened my world to wrestling again. And I absolutely loved the brandsplit, and I'm so excited it's coming back.

My all time favorite wrestlers, was also from the ruthless era, the late Eddie Guerrero. He was magnificent. When he became WWE champion, damn that was hype!

Favorite match of all time, has to be the first mania match between Taker and HBK. That is pure perfection. I just recently got whatculture.com's new wrestling magazine, and I'm glad to see they also named it the best ever WWE(F) match.
    The pacing of the match, the near falls, Taker almost breaking his neck diving outside the ring. So many great moments.

The current number one guy must be Kevin Owens, who must be the mvp of 2016 so far. Holly cow has he been great.

Also any TNA fans out there? How weird is it to see AJ Styles and Samoa Joe in the WWE? It's still unreal to me.

• I used to watch back in the day (late 90s) when Rock and Undertaker (like @MonsTruz mentioned) were still on but after the early 2000s passed, I could no longer watch it. It just feels fake to me and with so much awesome gaming content, I don't think I would have time to watch it.

What has kept you hooked on wrestling?

• @marcel said in WWE - Who is hyped!?:

I used to watch back in the day (late 90s) when Rock and Undertaker (like @MonsTruz mentioned) were still on but after the early 2000s passed, I could no longer watch it. It just feels fake to me and with so much awesome gaming content, I don't think I would have time to watch it.

What has kept you hooked on wrestling?

Pretty much my stance as well. I think I pretty much stopped watching around 2005 and even that felt like it should have happened sooner. In my case it is all about American football and games.

• @marcel

Wrestling is a weird thing. Sure it's scripted, but you still don't know who is going to win. Sure, when you have watched for many years, you get good at guessing what direction they are going, but you never really know.
    When wrestling is done poorly, it is so borring, but when it is done right, it's so awesome. It can make you mad, it can give you goosebumps, it can even make you cry.
    I like real fightning sports like UFC and boxing, but that's just two people fighting. A pro wrestling match is a story, and everything is a part of that story. The entrance, the crowd reactions and so on.
    And also to me, it is so funny seeing how the wrestlers evolve over time, form the bottom of the card, to the main event.

• @MonsTruz Thanks for explaining that. I guess that when I was a kid in the 90s I mostly just looked at mostly the fighting and ignored a lot of the storytelling. Maybe today I would enjoy the storytelling a lot more :)

Maybe I'll check out a match sometime soon ;)

• I started following WWE in the early years of this millennium. There were championship matches between Eddie Guerrero, Brock Lesnar and Kurt Angle at that time, I remember that. Also John Cena's arrival happened soon after. So I've been around for fifteen years now.

HBK was always my favourite, then it became CM Punk. Nowadays I root for Cesaro, hoping for a push for him. Seth Rollins is also great in the ring.

I'm actually really looking forward to Money in the Bank PPV at the moment!

• @MonsTruz said in WWE - Who is hyped!?:

@marcel

Wrestling is a weird thing. Sure it's scripted, but you still don't know who is going to win. Sure, when you have watched for many years, you get good at guessing what direction they are going, but you never really know.
    When wrestling is done poorly, it is so borring, but when it is done right, it's so awesome. It can make you mad, it can give you goosebumps, it can even make you cry.
    I like real fightning sports like UFC and boxing, but that's just two people fighting. A pro wrestling match is a story, and everything is a part of that story. The entrance, the crowd reactions and so on.
    And also to me, it is so funny seeing how the wrestlers evolve over time, form the bottom of the card, to the main event.

I respect your opinion but I did watch a little of Wrestlemania and I didn't feel anything while watching anything. I smiled a bit when the dudes came out wearing anime outfits but other than that it was a bit boring.I don't want this to seem like i'm crapping in your thread or anything but I did like wrestling as a kid.

• @marcel
    You can always give the WWE network a try. I think you can still get a month for free. Although i'm not sure.
    But it's defiantly not for everyone! I live in a country where nobody watches wrestling, so non of my friends understand why I like it.

@Sentinel-Beach
    The Heel run of JBL, that lead to Cena winning his first world title, was awesome. The JBL gimmick, of: "I am a wrestling GOD" was amazing. Never really liked John Cena that much, but that was very well done.

Punk was so good. I still miss him.

• @Farsendor
    No worries, I think we all value opinions from other Allies!
    The anime guy accualy has his own gaming channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIr1YTkEHdJFtqHvR7Rwttg where he plays games with other wrestlers.

• @MonsTruz
    Yes, it was then at the same WrestleMania when Cena won JBL and Batista betrayed Evolution to beat HHH. That felt great back then. (Although it always felt weird for me how JBL's sudden champion rise happened. He seemed like nobody before that.)

Punk was too good to exist. Damn, I liked him. :(

• I started watching back in the early 90s, loved Ultimate Warrior.
    All time favorite... Mick Foley probably.
    Favorite match... man that's tough, I have no idea of all time so I'll list three of my best from recent times. AJ Styles vs Nakamura, Okada vs Tanahashi at Wrestle Kingdom 10. Sami Zayn vs Nakamura at NXT Dallas.

Current hero HAS to be Shinsuke Nakamura. Not only is he probably the best wrestler on the planet right now but he has the charisma to match his skills. Nearly all of his matches verge on 5 stars.

• @Sentinel-Beach

Yeah WWE really nailed the raise of Cena, Orton and Batista. They handled that so much better, than say a Reigns today. In their defenses, it was a different time back then.
    I really like JBL back then. He did a tremendous job as a heel, and nobody gives a clothesline like JBL.

Yeah Punk was unreal. I can't belive how talented he was, both on the mic and in the ring.
    What a return Punk could make!
    In my fantasy booking a Punk return would go down something like this:
    It's the Royal Rumble, it's in Chicago.
    In the ring, we have Cesaro, Owens, Rollins, Ambrose, Zayn, Enzo and Cass. The crowed is going crazy.. number 29 enters. It's Roman Reigns. He comes to the ring, and eliminates everyone, pick's up a microphone, and says his I'm the guy phrase. Then Punk comes out as number 30 and wins the match. The crowd would explode!

• Goldberg return when?

• @Ehie-Yovach

Well there seems to be a lot of buzz about Goldberg lately, and it would make sense for one last match.
    Then the questions is, when will he reveal himself?
    And who in the hell should he have a match with? Cena? Or one of the young guys?

• Money In The Bank
    Where is the hype lvl at?

Tomorrow it’s time for the next WWE PPV (Or network exclusive, or whatever they call them nowadays)
    I’m super excited for this event. We get two matches that belong on a wrestlemania card, and the all out fun that is the Money In The Bank match.

I’m going to give a rundown of all the matches ,and predict a winner.

The Kickoff show:

-Goldust and R-Truth vs. Fandango and Tyler Breeze
    Anybody care? I have to admit, that Goldust have always makes me laugh more than I should, but this match is just filler.

Hype lvl: 1/5
    Fandango and Tyler Breeze wins

The Dudley Boyz vs. The Lucha Dragons
    Again, filler. I like both teams, but I don’t really care about the outcome. I’m still waiting for WWE to unleash Bully Ray.

The Lucha Dragons wins

The real show:

Apollo Crews vs. Sheamus
    Look, I like Apollo Crews. He has a good look, he is good in the ring, and he is likable, but who is? WWE hasn’t really told us much about him. It would be cool, if they are trying to make him mean something, by giving him a victory over a multitime World Champion in Sheamus. Despite it being less than a year since Sheamus held the title, he seems like a midcarder at best, so what would Apollo even gain from beating him? They could make him look really strong, but I think they also want to protect Sheamus, and give him a bigger spotlight on Smackdown after the Brand split.
    This could still be a very fun match!

Hype lvl: 3/5
    Sheamus gets the win, to continue the feud.

Dolph Ziggler vs. Baron Corbin.
    The feud that never ends. I have never been a big fan of Ziggler, and I really don’t like Baron Corbin, so I don’t have much to say, other than: Corbin should win, and finally end this feud.

Corbin wins.

Rusev vs. Titus O’Neil for the U.S. Championship.
    I hope this is just a squash match for Rusev. He should be a monster heel, and I hope he just decimates Titus. We should however get one bark from Titus, caus that is one of the most awesome things in pro wrestling.

Hype lvl: 2/5
    Rusev wins

Charlotte and Dana Brooke vs. Becky Lynch and Natalya.
    So.. at wrestlemania the women stole the show! An awesome moment, and it seemed like WWE final got it. Since then it’s been Charlotte vs. Natalya. It must end now, and it must end with Charlotte winning clean over Natalya.

Hype lvl: 2/5
    Charlotte and Dana Brooke wins

New Day vs. Luke Gallows and Karl Anderson vs. Enzo Amore and Big Cass vs. The Vaudevillains in a four-way for the WWE Tag Team Championship.
    Here we go! 4 entertaining teams (Yes I like the vaudevillians) ready to tear the roof down. New day could still retain here, they are still super over, but my predictions is that Gallows and Anderson get’s a decisive victory.

Hype lvl: 4/5
    Luke Gallows and Karl Anderson get the win.

-Dean Ambrose vs. Kevin Owens vs. Sami Zayn vs. Chris Jericho vs. Cesaro vs. Alberto Del Rio in a Money in the Bank ladder match.
    Even in this PG, non blood, no chairshots era, the Money In The Bank matches are still pure chaos! Just look at these names: Ambrose, Owens, Zayn, Jericho, Cesaro.. This is going to be awesome!
    Who is going to win it? In my opinion it can only be Ambrose and Owens. With Rollins and Reigns in the main event picture it makes sense for Ambrose to get the briefcase, but I think they are going to put Rollins and Reigns on separate brands,which will make Kevin Owens seem more likely.
    Owens carrying the briefcase around, and taunting people could be magical.

Hype lvl: 5/5
    Kevin Owens throws Sami Zayn of the ladder to get the briefcase.

John Cena vs. AJ Styles.
    Talk about wrestlemania worthy! Nowadays I don’t really watch any indie promotions, but back when I was going to college, I used to watch TNA and ROH, and boy that AJ Styles.. He is truly phenomenal. This is two worlds colliding (bring back Powerman 5000!), and this match could very well end up being incredible. When you put John Cena in the ring with the best wrestlers in the world, he steps up. He is going to go toe to toe with AJ, and I’m hyped for it!

Hype lvl: 5/5
    AJ Styles wins cleans, only for Cena to get his win back at the next PPV.

Roman Reigns vs. Seth Rollins for the WWE World Heavyweight Championship
    This match also have potential to be very good. Just like Cena, Reigns can have a great match if he is given the right opponent, and Rollins surly is the right opponent.
    I am a bit hesitant, caus there is no way I can see either man winning clean. It’s probably ending in a double count out, and somehow they are going to split the the belt into two world titles. One for RAW, and one for SMACKDOWN.

Hype lvl: 4/5
    Ends in a double count out

It is going to be a blast!! Who out there is going to watch it!? Let's get some opinion and predictions on the table.

• The first time I saw WWE was when it was WWF, when Bret Hart was battling, I think it was Hulk Hogan or something? Maybe even Steve Austin in his early days... Or when I was watching WCW with my father for the first time, I DEFINITELY remember it was Hogan in there. But I came back somehow by accident or something. I don't know what sparked the fan in me, but I started watching the whole Stone Cold Steve Austin rise to stardom. I was hooked on Austin from the get-go. The whole storyline with Mr. Mchanon was legendary. I was inspired by Mr. Mchanon's marketing style that I decided to mold my marketing after him.

I knew Stone Cold Steve Austin was going to revolutionize the industry the way he did. The next day after winning the WWF Championship was awesome - he had the look for that segment. In 5 seconds, he's like stone cold stunner! That was awesome. I re-watched it on WWE network during the countdown to WrestleMania this year and the spark is still there.

Now I watch it, it's not the same product because of the whole PG era BS. Get over that crap, WWE, get on the Attitude bandwagon that all of us want!

• When did you start watching?
    I've watched on and off since I was in Middle School. But My brother and I have been watching it consistently since 2007. We recently got our Dad to start watching it with us. My brother and I are total Smarks and frequently talk about backstage heat, indie cred of some of the newer stars and complain about the storylines, my father is a much more classic I want to see two dudes beat each other up and then the stronger of the two wins, preferably the good guy. So its an intersting dynamic each week.

Who is your all time favorite?
    I really liked Chris Jericho back when he returned, and I love his WCW and early 2000s WWE stuff. I find his current run as Dad-Jericho pretty funny. CM Punk was probably my favorite for the longest time, I felt his energy through my TV Set back when he was in the SES. Seth Rollins is probably my favorite worker right now.

Favorite match of all time?
    Triple H v. Kane, Title vs Mask. Simply because it was the first match I ever saw. It probably doesn't hold up I've deliberately not gone back and checked. In my mind it was the perfect match. Something more recent I loved the series of Matches between Rollins and Ambrose last year, specifically that Ladder match.

And current hero Villian?
    I like the Heels, in particular I'm high Rollins, Rusev and I find every Social Outcast segment to be pure gold.

Money in the Bank is tomorrow, I pretty hyped its probably my favorite show of the year. The fact its running opposite the biggest episode of Game of Thrones this season is killing me a little. The MITB match, Rollins v. Reigns and Cena v. Styles are dream matches. I'm pulling for Owens in the MITB, but I'd also like to see Ambrose with the case. I fear they'll drop it on Del Rio. I want Styles to win to put to bed my doubts that Vince will try and Bury him because he got big in TNA and Japan instead of the WWE, though I fully prepared to be disappointed. I'd love for Rollins to win but I've accepted that Roman Reigns is the new Cena and will probably carry the title until Summer Slam at least. I hope they don't split the title, even with the Brand Split the WWE title is the top title, recommissioning the World Heavyweight Title just seems backwards to me. Rebuild the Intercontinental Title and make its champion the Star of SmackDown!

• I watched WWF long ago, but I stopped completely when Owen Hart died.

Bret Hart came out with a heart wrenching documentary, and I could no longer take Sports Entertainment Wrestling seriously anymore.

• I'm hyped, so hyped!

I started watching in the early 90s as a kid, also have terrifying memories of the Undertaker. He was the first wrestler I ever saw, I still remember it, I was flicking through channels at a friend's house who had Canal+ (the French paying channel which showed WWE at the time), and the Undertaker showed up on screen, with Paul Bearer, his entrance theme, and I was mesmerized. After that, I was obsessed with wrestling, bought all the action figures, and went to my friend's house every time I could or traded VHS to watch more of it. Then stopped watching a bit before the Attitude Era, can't really remember why exactly, and only got back to it in 2009, and been hooked ever since.

I have high hopes for the brand split, I think one of the worst things WWE is doing to its product these days is over-exposing its roster, seeing the same guys twice a week will make you bored of them, even if they're amazing. In comparison, on NXT you will see a guy wrestle twice a month at most, and it makes it so much more refreshing.

• Concerning Money in the Bank PPV:

I agree that the winner in the MitB match will most likely be either Owens or Ambrose, and I'm fine with it. Still, though... let there be a Cesaro push!

Reigns/Rollins match just became more interesting, when I started to think about it in that perspective that the title could be split. But I don't know. I mean it would make more sense that both RAW and SD had their own top belts and champs, but somehow I also feel hesitant about WWE splitting the belt. But this brand split would definitely be the right time for that if it ever were to happen again. Well, we'll see what happens, hopefully something good and interesting.