WWE - Who is hyped!?

• @Sentinel-Beach Man, those two CWC matches were something else. I've never seen a Gallagher match before, and inmediately became one of my favorites, so smooth in the ring.

• The CWC has been really good! The presentation, the announce team, the matches. Everything have been executed to perfection!

• Global Moderator

I watched the last round of the first round today of the CWC. Johnny and Tomaso tore the roof off of the place.

• So how about that RAW? It felt slightly weaker than the past two weeks, but still pretty good!

• I like that midcard feuds are being treated seriously, like Darren Young - Titus O'Neil.
    • I like the dynamic between Enzo, Jericho and Owens.
    • I like that Cesaro is being praised by everyone on the show, got to wrestle twice, got the biggest pop of the night, and is inevitably going to end up on top sooner or later.
    • I like the beard on Neville!
    • I like that Gallows and Anderson are getting more personality, the ringpostitis segment was genuinely entertaining.
    • I like that some guys don't appear every week, we didn't see Sami Zayn, it will make it more exciting when we see him again next week.

But it wasn't perfect.

• Nothing significant happened, it felt like the show just before SummerSlam, but there's still one more to go.
    • A bit too many non-wrestling segments (Puff Daddy, Golden Truth and Scooby Doo...)
    • Sin Cara looked really shaky.
    • Apart from the two Cesaro matches, not a lot of great in-ring action.

• I'm keeping my fingers crossed for Cesaro, it denifitely seems like they're planning something bigger for the man now. It was great to see him get a match twice on RAW, and they were both good. Really liked how they finished the main event, I mean it all felt so unfair now, so a prize is awaiting at some point, I gotta believe.

And that Springboard Corkscrew always makes me go YEAH! It's just such a pretty move. :)

• Global Moderator

That Ibushi vs Cedrick match on CWC was nuts!!!

• @Swordfish00830 It was! Really, really good. I kinda laughed out loud a couple of times out of disbelieve. You know what I mean? That athleticism with both of them, wow.

• I'm 3 weeks behind on CWC, can't wait to binge it all this weekend!

• According to WWE.com, both Alberto Del Rio and Paige have been suspended "for 30 days effective Thursday, Aug. 18, for their first violation of the company’s talent wellness policy".

They're a couple in real life, apparently.

• Whatever happened to paige. Her start was so promising. Apparently a lot of heat on her for dating del rio

• Eva Marie is also suspended.. it must have been a hell of a party!

• Does anyone else have Bobby Roode's NXT theme stuck in their head?

I've been listening to it on loop at work for the past 3 days. I need professional help :/

• @Axel said in WWE - Who is hyped!?:

Bobby Roode

Bobby Roode? Surely you're talking about Bobby Roooooooooooooooooo!

• @Mr-M I don't know? I didn't know him before, I think he was in TNA or something, no?

• @Axel That was a reference to Botchamania. It was a recurring thing where throughout his entire 10+ year tenure in TNA no announcer ever actually put the "-de" on the end of "Roode", and the announcers in NXT have continued this tradition as a bit of a rib :P

• @Mr-M Haha ok, I didn't notice it happened on NXT, I'll pay attention next time! ;)

• Global Moderator

@Axel GLORIOUS!

• Let talk Summerslam! The slam of the summer.

I’ve just watch NXT takeover, and that was glorious.
    But tonight, it’s time for the real deal. Balor and the boys are going to Brooklyn.

I’m gonna try and predict the outcome.

• Brock Lesnar vs Randy Orton
      It’s gotta be Lesnar right? They could be punishing him for the anti-doping violation, but at this point, do they even care? It doesn’t seem like the fans do. I think the beast will prevail.

• Finn Balor vs. Seth Rollins for the WWE Universal Championship
      So, at first I assumed Rollins would get the title, but can Balor really loose his first main roster appearance as The Demon (King)? At least I don’t think he will loose clean. There might be an interference or something, but in the end I think Balor takes a clean win, and hopefully they and Summerslam with the making of a new star.

• Dean Ambrose vs. Dolph Ziggler for the WWE Championship
      This one should be pretty simple, Ambrose wins, and Ziggler turns heel in the progress.

• Sasha Banks vs. Charlotte for the WWE Women’s Championship
      Again, this seems pretty straightforward. I really don’t think they will take the belt of Banks just yet. She has got to retain.

• John Cena vs. AJ Styles
      The two veterans might just steal the show! Their first match was excellent, so I assume this will be too. Only this time, we will probably get a clean finish. Now normally, Cena would probably be the best bet, but he really really doesn’t not need that victory. AJ Styles however, really has potential to be the top heel on Smackdown, so I hope they give him the victory, and then at Survivor Series, he takes the title from Ambrose.

• Rusev vs. Roman Reigns for the U.S. Championship
      This feud is just starting, so I’m going with Rusev in this one. For me the only exciting thing about this match, is to hear what kind of reaction Roman gets.

• New Day vs. Luke Gallows and Karl Anderson for the WWE Tag Team Championship
      This one is though. If they wan’t to break up the New Day, so that Big E can get a big singles push, having Woods and Kingston loose, would be a way to create some tension in the group. On the other hand, they are just so darn entertaining together.
      When they finally break apart, it should be out of the blue, so I don’t think the time is right just yet. I think New day keeps the titles.

• The Miz vs. Apollo Crews for the Intercontinental Championship
      The Miz is so perfect as the IC champion, and Crews has been getting zero hype, so I think Miz cheats his way to a victory.

• Enzo Amore and Big Cass vs. Kevin Owens and Chris Jericho
      Enzo and Cass is probably gonna pick up the victory, but I do wanna see Owens and Jericho continue their partnership, cause they are pure gold!

The rest I believe is pre show matches? So I’m not gonna be watching those, so I really don’t care who wins.

• From the Kickoff Matches I do care about my man Cesaro's match against Sheamus. Alright, it's the first in the best-of-seven, and they could easily give this to the Irishman after Cesaro has scored (non-important) wins on Raw, but still. I'm wondering if the winner of this series really gets a title match at some point, or what is the point here otherwise. Well, it's gonna be at least a month till we know. Cesaro push!

I honestly don't have any favorites or even opinions on a lot of matches in the card this night. All I hope is that I'd see a lot of entertaining matches with surprising results.

I wonder if Bray Wyatt still plays a role in the WWE Championship picture. If I had to bet then I'd say he shows up at some point during that Ambrose/Ziggler fight. To do what or to disturb which one, I'm not sure.

And after Sasha propably beats Charlotte we'll see Nia Jax suddenly running into the ring where she beats up Sasha real bad. Or do they save that for Raw? In any case she's likely to be the next contender after her run of beatdowns this month.

• Global Moderator

I'm going to have to rewatch the whole thing again. I think the network has been lagging pretty bad tonight.