WWE - Who is hyped!?

• During the main event on RAW I was wondering about Foley's words that every title would be defended on Clash of Champions and that the U.S. belt has no story going on. Well, didn't take long for that to happen. And honestly, I think Reigns is gonna take it. Which I don't really like. But then again, maybe we'll get some fresh faces as challengers then.

I was suddenly kinda really hoping that Dana Brooke would face Charlotte when that Triple Threat was announced. And she did well there, I saw her in a completely different light. But yeah, Sasha's where she belongs. About Bailey: I just don't see it. I don't know. I'm not on board with her. Too babyface, no edge.

• @Sentinel-Beach I thought Foley would actually take Rollins out of the championship match to punish him, which would make sense honestly. But that can't happen, there's nobody else who would make a realistic contender at this point, since Reigns is busy with Rusev, Zayn with Jericho, Cesaro with Sheamus...

I wouldn't even mind that much if Reigns won the US title at this point, because at least it would keep him away from the main event, and like you said, we could get some cool new challengers, like probably Braun Strowman.

I get what you're saying about Bayley, I'm not a fan of her character either, but she does put on some great matches! I'm a big fan of Nia Jax right now!

I'm very glad they acknowledged how terrible the Club / New Day segment was last week, and made them look like a credible threat again. Clash of Champions is shaping up to be another great PPV!

• @Axel Reigns vs. Strowman for the US title would be... something. Braun's a mountain, would put Roman in a different kind of scenario completely. Maybe that story would keep two guys that I'm not that interested in together and that way give room for other feuds.

Nia Jax woke me up by the time she was throwing Alicia from side to side, banging her against that barrier. You don't see that every day. O_o

Concerning the tag team division: I guess I'm just waiting for Enzo & Cass to eventually challenge the Club (thinking they'll win the belts soon). I just haven't been into the New Day for a looong time now already.

• @Sentinel-Beach Yeah it was really well done with Dana Brooke. I haven't really liked her character, but when she slapped Charlotte I was all in. During the match I hoped she would win.
    I'm glad they are still keeping her with Charlotte, so we can get a prober turn from her.

• Cruiserweight Classic is over, we have a winner. Personally I think the two semi-finals matches were a bit better than the actual final match. And the results?! I mean I was 100 % sure that in the end it would be ZSJ vs. Ibushi, but no. Neither. Wow.

I was left wondering if the language was one factor in that all. Ibushi and Metalik both didn't speak English (at least well, I guess), and WWE needed someone more vocal and capable at this point to represent the new division and speak as the champ. No offence to Perkins, he's really good and all, maybe just a little too cruiserweight prototype or something like that. A little bland to my liking, would've favored Ibushi. But it's all good.

• @Sentinel-Beach
    Yeah I'm not that hyped on Perkins either. He has a good story, and I will look forward seeing him, and his new belt on RAW.

But other than that, is was a great show, and the whole tournament has been wonderful.
    A really perfect way of introducing the cruiser weight division again.

Back in the day, it was one of my favorite parts of WWE, so it's awesome it's back.

• The match of the night for me was Perkins-Ibushi, and I also thought for sure Ibushi would make it to the final - win the whole thing actually.

But you're totally right, I think language is a big factor. When Triple H explained the winner would be the champ, I knew Perkins would win, you can''t introduce a new division and a new title with a guy who needs a translator, that would pretty much ruin the moment.

Great for Perkins, and I'm curious to see who else they will pick to be part of the division. I know a few guys have already been announced more or less officially, but some might also go to NXT. Is there a list somewhere?

• Is this thread only for WWE?

• @Joker Preferably, yes. But I don't think it's too serious.

• I'll keep the New Japan hype to a minimum then.

Loved the CWC and the finals was the best PPV/TV show I've seen all year. Sure there were better matches on certain shows, but for 2 hours? The best 2 hours all year.

• @Joker Don't worry, I will probably throw in some NJPW hype around next month because I'll be going to a show, I'm so excited about it :D Expect some pictures ;)

• @Joker
    I say you can be hyped for anything you want!

WWE is just my main focus, caus I just don't have time for anything else.

• I watched in person as Rickey the Dragon Steam Boat lost to Macho Man Randy Savage and was beat up after the bell. I saw Hulk Hogan and Andre the Giant square off. I find it so hard to be hyped for the current wrestlers. Anyone else have this issue or just us old guys?

• Clash of Champions came and went. I wasn't really impressed, to be honest. Nothing much happened. And Owens vs. Rollins felt already somehow "wrong", I have no reactions to this feud, and this thing we saw with that ending was just plain boring.

And what's up with the Best of 7 series? I really hoped it would've come to an end. (And that Cesaro had won!) It was really nasty-looking how his neck/head hit the ground after that jump out of the ring. :/

But anyway. Now I'm hearing rumours/suggestions that the two of them will be paired up as a tag team and this way Foley could still give them (both!) that title shot he promised. Against the New Day. Noooot sure what to think about this, if true. I'd rather see Cesaro as an individual. But this is all still a speculation! Although it would kinda make sense in a WWE way...

• Ok, so they went there. Fortunately, it worked a little better than I thought. Cesaro getting the cheers and Sheamus getting the boos. Maybe there's something to this, I mean that was kinda funny. But I really think there needs to be a payoff here -> they win the belts! Please. 400 days of New Day is enough.

• I'm sick as hell this week so maybe that's why I had trouble getting excited, but I also felt apathetic watching Clash of Champions and RAW, it feels like Finn Balor's injury threw all their plans out of the window, forcing them to turn Rollins face out of nowhere (even though he's getting great pops so at least it's working).

But compared to the paced storytelling on Smackdown, everything on RAW feels rushed and thrown together, pretty much exactly like before the draft.

I did enjoy Cesaro vs Sheamus and although I didn't like the finish at the time, I think it really makes both of them look extremely strong, and if they make them win the titles, they could be a very entertaining and dominating tag team. BUT I'd still prefer Cesaro to win a solo title, and I'm not sure who could be credible contenders for them should they beat New Day.

Jericho and Owens are very funny on the mic, I gotta say, I never get tired of them. But if Rollins's injury lasts longer, I seriously don't see any credible contender for the title, now that Reigns is US champ.

The Women's match was good though, Charlotte looked very strong, and there was no major botch this time.

• Anyone else likes the 8-bit Mega Man style theme song of T.J. Perkins? I find it pretty catchy!

Youtube Video

• I'm really enjoying the Chris Jericho - Kevin Owens bromance they got going! Unfortunately they might be heading towards a break up already, which would be a shame. But maybe Jericho needs to be getting back on the road with Fozzy?

But anyhow, I really liked RAW this week.

It was great seeing the Womens title match main event the show, but why oh why does Sasha keep winning the title on RAW, and not on a PPV?

• Looks like Brock Lesnar vs. Goldberg might be happening at Survivor Series!!

• No Mercy: An excited "YES!" was the word that immediately came out of my mouth, when in the end Luke Harper was suddenly standing there. Yes! Easily my favourite of the Wyatt family, a really good big guy wrestler. Welcome back, it's been a while.