WWE - Who is hyped!?

• Adding Shane into the mix in the SD's men's team gives a nice little extra flavor to the whole thing, I feel. Here's hoping they're cooking something bigger with this as well.

• @Mr-M My favourite promo has to be Punk's original pipe bomb. It was just so magnificent.. When that happened, it felt like everything had changed.

I miss Punk..

• So, SmackDown 900 happened. Are we supposed to understand now, that the Undertaker has returned for the weekly shows? Whaaaat? His speech leaned towards that. Not anymore bound to WrestleMania or something like that, as he's done his annual showings only there for the last five years or so. I'd be cool with him returning, just wondering if he still has the stamina. I mean, the man's 51 now, and not getting younger. Of course he could just do promos like this and get physical in only PPVs. We'll see. Interesting in any case.

[Damn, Ric Flair was 59 in his last match against Shawn Michaels in 2008. Taker's a young boy still.]

• @Sentinel-Beach I think he's only really showed up to remind people that he does still exist and that you should be watching every week because "you never know who could turn up". He might have a year or two of wrestlemania and maybe rumble appearances left in him, but since WM30 he's looked terrible and that was 2.5 years ago now so don't get your hopes up.

• About Survivor Series results, in

So, that happened. I hope people weren't too eagerly waiting for the Lesnar/Goldberg match, because wow, 87 seconds. I had no expectations concerning that, I knew there would be something fishy, should we say, but I was more worried that Lesnar might go on a rampage mode and take it too rough. They went the other way. Well, this was meaningless from day one. Let's move on.

I'm glad Cesaro and Sheamus got to win their match. And they're getting a title match already today? Has the New Day already broken that record run? It really just feels that we're waiting for that to happen and THEN the belts can change owners.

• Global Moderator

Someone got paid a lot of money to job last night

• So how about those Royal Rumble news on RAW? I did not see that coming. But based on what we saw at Survivor Series I have to believe this is (again) just to sell (even more) tickets and WWE Network subscriptions. There's no way Goldberg could be the winner, right? No way. But whatever happens, this spiced up things in a nice fashion, a cool surprise.

• Oh hell no. They're taking this Ellsworth picture way too deep already. A legitimate title match? And at this rate the guy'll even win it, too. I don't know. I think I got a few laughs out of him originally, but now he's been tagging along way too much. The value of the WWE World Title will plummet if he wins it at some point. Utilize your roster, SmackDown! There's plenty of other guys to put on the title picture.

• Global Moderator

Worst thing that can happen since David Arcett winning the WCW title

• I don't thinks it's going to happen, Ellsworth is fun but this Aj, Dean and James is already tiring. Smackdown has a lot of posibilites, let's hope they do something surprisingly good in the next months.

• Ellsworth was used perfectly until he beat AJ Styles 3 times. I assume Dean Ambrose is going to turn on Ellsworth.

• So we had a Women's title match in RAW. Gotta say: I did not expect that outcome to happen. Of course I'm happy for Sasha, and that match itself went pretty great with the ending and all. It's just that it smelled so strongly like Charlotte/Bailey feud (for the title) after Survivor Series, that this turn surprised me big time. But hey, surprises are the best thing in this business! I'll take it.

• Man, Goldberg vs Brock was awesome

• alt text

• I'm finally caught up!
    Here is for some random thoughts:

Damn, they are really going all in on Goldberg! He is defiantly the top dog in WWE right now. Let's call it an interesting choice.

And Undertaker is back for more than mania? They are really pushing the middle agers!

But Survivor Series was a blast, the men's SS match was so much fun.

Chris Jericho and Kevin Owens is still the best thing on TV. At this point I wan't them to main event mania for the Universal title. Maybe even, a title vs. list match.

I like Sasha and Charlotte, they always have great matches, but they really need to stop changing the champion every month. The title debuted at mania, and both women is now 3 time champions? That's just stupid.

• I hope Samoa Joe is getting brought up to the main roster now and I hope it's Smackdown. They need a few more main event quality people.

• @MonsTruz said in WWE - Who is hyped!?:

I like Sasha and Charlotte, they always have great matches, but they really need to stop changing the champion every month. The title debuted at mania, and both women is now 3 time champions? That's just stupid.

I'm gonna keep disagreeing with that :)

This sort of back-and-forth feud almost never happens, it's always the same formula: challenger wins the title, loser gets a rematch, loses it, champion gets X new challengers until he loses the belt to someone new, and the cycle starts again. This goes for all the titles, all the time.
    So to have a feud that makes both women look so strong by one-upping each other regularly in ever-so-grueling and spectacular matches is refreshing to me.

And this was even more true for the Divas division of the past. Look at this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_WWE_Divas_Champions#Combined_reigns

Apart from a select few, pretty much every diva on the roster was champion at one point, only to lose it to the next girl. It felt more like a participation award, to quote Miz. "Don't worry, you'll all get the title eventually, so nobody's jealous". But that ended up making the title feel rather meaningless.

Now we've got two amazing women on top of their game having one of the biggest female feuds of all time and giving the title real value. When a new challenger (Bayley or Nia) finally steps in and beats one of them, it will feel like a much bigger accomplishment, because they will beat a 3-time champion!

Anyway, that's the way I see it.

• roman retaining tonight gives me less reason to think that KO is gonna drop at roadblock

• @Axel

You have some great points, but I am over this feud. They keep wanting to make this great moment happen for Sasha, and it was great the first time, it was okay the second time, and now? I don't care anymore.
    They have great matches, but I honestly don't think the feud is very good. If they were to spread it out, with small bits here and there, and then culminating in a mania match, that would be awesome.

I know they don't really have any active female wrestlers on raw, so there is no one to really challenge for the title except Bayley, and they should wait on her.
    They should have enough dept, so that Charlotte could go over in a one and done title match at a ppv, while Sasha beat someone else.

At this point, are they just going to keep switching the title between the two until mania comes around? Then they can be 6 time womens champions.. yeah great.
    I don't mind them having a mania match, but they need to cool it down, or there will be nothing left.

• @MonsTruz I definitely agree that now they have to end it, the feud has run its course. If Charlotte regains the title one more time I'll switch to your camp ;)