WWE - Who is hyped!?

• Alright, took me about five hours to watch all that, wow. All in all a pretty good show. Not that many great moments, but the one that shined absolutely the brightest: THE HARDYS ARE BACK! What a moment! A WrestleMania Moment! I felt like 15 again seeing these two in the ring, and with ladders, more specificly. :) Oh man, that was brilliant.

I wish they would have told us beforehand that this was Taker's final resting place. And I'm not super happy that Reigns just won him clean, no heel turn or anything. He's just 10 % more Superman again after this. ._.

Lesnar/Goldberg surprised me in a good way, that was actually pretty nice! I had no expectations going into this, thought it would be super short again with four moves maybe, but that was intense and fast and had an approriate amount of big moves. It felt that everything matched these two pretty damn well, given the circumstances. Nice job.

But why the hell did Bray have to lose? It made no sense. And where was the pay-off from those worms and bugs? Like, really. What was all this, the whole thing made no sense at all. Aaaah, I'm frustrated. For a moment I was like waiting for an actual Sister Abigail to appear or something. At least for a Bray win. :/

And what should have been as clear as Lesnar winning was supposed to be Corbin winning. But no, Dean's still got it? Wwwhhhyyyyy? This made no sense, either. Give the final push to Corbin, SmackDown! You were clearly on that road this far. A perfect place for that, plus you don't have that many big names in your show. This almost smells like some last minute Vince decision. Did Corbin piss him off somehow? Plus the whole match was on Kick-Off show, which was new information. Nice going for the IC title.

• I really liked mania! It was a really good event. Sure match of the week (not counting RoH) was the tag title match at takeover, but Wrestlemania delivered on so many levels.

Austin Aries vs Neville for the Cruiserweight Championship
    Great match. The two best of the cruiserweight division, and they worked a really cool match. It’s great seeing Aries on a mania stage. I was watching a lot of TNA back when Aries ruled the X-division, and relinquished the title to get a shot at the TNA world title, and eventually beating Booby Roode for the title. Ohh and never forget, that he shared the room with Bosman and Ben!

André The Giant Memorial
    Mojo Rawley...
    Never mind that fact, that I would like to see him vs. Taker in a buried alive match, to prevent Rawley from ever appearing on WWE television again. This was not particularly interesting.
    I don’t care about american football at all, so this moment meant zero to me. But I get it, Rawley has a famous friend, and WWE wants to capitalize on that, to make the mainstream news.

Baron Corbin vs Dean Ambrosse for the Intercontinental Championship.
    As we would say at Easy A.. The Disrespect. Putting the IC match on the preshow..
    The match ended up being pretty lukewarm, so it might have been a good call. I do think the feud will continue, and that their next match, could be really good. They might get a 20 min match on Smackdown, and that could end up being a blast.

AJ Styles vs. Shane McMahon
    Who knew? This turned out to be a great match. I guess AJ really can carry anybody to a great match. They told a really good and unique story. Both AJ and Shane played their parts really well, and that Shooting Star Press was awesome.
    It will be interesting seeing where they go with AJ from here. There is a lot of rumors of him going to RAW, so we will see tonight (or for a lot of us, tomorrow).

Kevin Owens vs. Chris Jericho for United States Championship
    It was a pretty good back and forth match. In comparison to AJ vs Shane, it was just pretty standard. Nothing really stood out (except the big list of Jericho), and it didn’t really feel like a blow off match to this feud. They might extend it to Payback, but we know Jericho is going on tour with Fozzy, so he will be gone soon.

RAW Womens Championship match
    Not really that interesting. They have mistreated the Bayley character, so I was not invested in the match. While I did not like Charlotte and Sasha playing hot potato with the title, they had some great matches, and should have gotten a 1v1 match at mania.

RAW Tag Team Championship match
    The fucking Hardy boys!!
    So for 15 minutes, I was just marking out like a little school boy.
    This was probably my match of the night, just because of how good it felt seeing the Hardy’s again. And they might even do a version of the broken gimmick?! At least Matt was leading delete chants.
    Even though they where just in a ladder match the night before, Jeff just had to jump of the biggest ladder.. ohh it was good.
    The biggest thing I’m looking forward to on RAW, is seeing the Hardy boys come out.

John Cena and Nikki Bella vs. The Miz and Maryse
    Another one for the main stream media.

Seth Rollins vs. Triple H
    This was a good all out brawl. I don’t think Triple H get’s enough credit, for how good he is in the ring. He really knows how to tell a story, and when you put him with a guy like Rollins, it’s gonna be great.
    Oh and Steph went trough a table!
    I’m surprised we didn’t see Samoa Joe at all.

Randy Orton vs. Bray Wyatt for the WWE Championship
    Yeah this was painful.. But, that was not really surprising. The whole feud has been crap.
    I hope they get the rematch out of the way quickly, cause I don’t wanna see this feud continue for another two months.

Brock Lesnar vs. Goldberg for the WWE Universal Championship
    Super entertaining match!
    My eyes was glued to the screen. They went all out with the big guns from the get go, and told a good story about two guys, just going for the big moves, that could put the opponent away.
    Way better than I expected it to be!

SMACKDOWN Womens Championship
    Another situation, where it should have been Becky Lynch vs. Alexa Bliss.
    WWE need to get over this Naomi thing. I don’t care that she was the hometown girl. She is not good, and she never will be.
    I might just be upset, that my future wife (It's going to happen.. I'm telling you, it's going to happen) Becky Lynch didn’t win the title.

Roman Reigns vs. The Undertaker
    As Huber would say.. emotional.

You can say what you will about Reigns, but he can go in the ring. Yeah yeah, they botched the Tombstone, but much like the other good matches on the card, they told their own story. This was about the last outlaw, putting up a damn good fight against a guy, who was simply just stronger and faster.
    “You can out run the devil if you try, but you will never outrun the hands of time”

I’m in shock, that this was Takers final match. I know he has talked about retiring for a long time, but to think that WWE didn’t sell the PPV on the fact, that it could be his last match is unbelievable to me.
    I can only imagine that this was the way Taker wanted to finish. He obviously didn’t want to make a big deal out of it, just go to the ring, and tell a great story about the old veteran, that simply couldn't keep up anymore. Then when he lost, he didn’t say anything, he just left the gear in the ring, and stood on the ramp with is fist raised, while het go lowered into the unknown.
    He was a mystical figure when he entered the WWE 27 years ago, and he left the same way.
    This really hit me harder, than I would have thought. Taker has always been there, and now he is gone.
    Wrestlemania will never be the same again.

Here’s hoping he returns next year, as the american badass.. Keep rollin

• shittiest mania ever.

only good part was when the hardy boys returned.

Fuck Roman.

• @MonsTruz said in WWE - Who is hyped!?:

SMACKDOWN Womens Championship
    Another situation, where it should have been Becky Lynch vs. Alexa Bliss.
    WWE need to get over this Naomi thing. I don’t care that she was the hometown girl. She is not good, and she never will be.
    I might just be upset, that my future wife (It's going to happen.. I'm telling you, it's going to happen) Becky Lynch didn’t win the title.

Really? Did you not like the match? I will admit, I wasn't thrilled with the winner, but I thought the match was pretty good. Though that might have been because I had no expections for it.

• A few nice surprises on RAW. I liked that Vince himself made a rare appearance, and that led to a new GM. This was a good move with all the hype around the man: Angle himself! :) Man, I already liked those few backstage spots a lot. The looks on his face. :D

I don't want to speculate too much the future, because next week comes with a draft! At least in some measure. That'll shake up some storylines and give us new ones.

• @parasitepaladin
    It just felt like an old school womens bathroom break match.
    Becky and Alexa has been the backbone of the Smackdown women's roster, and I feel like their feud should have peaked at mania. Natalya and Mickie James are really good in the ring, but their characters isn't interesting at all.
    Then here is Naomi and Carmella, and I don't think either of them belongs on a wrestlemania card.

I'm glad for the women involved, that the match was moved to the main show, but in honesty, this match belonged on the preshow.

@Sentinel-Beach
    Yeah, it was a pretty good RAW.
    As you say, the draft is coming up, so it's hard speculating to much on the future.

• Balor is back, great! Now he can finally get a chance to shine.

• As it stands right now, damn RAW has a good tag division: The Club, The Hardy's, The Revival, Enzo and Cass, Sheamus and Cesaro, The New day. You even got a couple of filler teams like The Golden Truth and The Shining Stars, that they can use as jobbers. I expect at least on of the teams to move to Smackdown, but the next few months could still give us some really good tag team action.

• Kurt as GM is great. He is one of the few wrestlers, that can really do comedy, and still be a believable ass kicker.

• The Brauwn - Lesnar stare down was pretty good.

• I saw some rumors of Charlotte potentially moving to Smackdown, which I'm all for! There is nothing really left for her on RAW. I surely don't wanna see her feuding against either Sasha or Bayley anytime soon. And Nia? That would probably mean Charlotte would turn face, which seems like a wast.

• I feel like the SmackDown's women match at 'Mania was simply a "palate cleanser", they've built cards before like that as well. It helps separate the biggest matches from each other and give the audience a moment to breathe again and calm down, get prepared for the next big thing.

• @Sentinel-Beach Yeah, that's what the used to do to the women, or diva's you might say. Now WWE likes to say Womens revolution every chance they got, but look at this mania.
    Two championship matches featured 10 women, and about 17 minutes of action all together. It just feels lost in the shuffle.

If you put 6 people in a match, and give them 5 minutes, it's hard making a great match. It should have been Alexa vs. Becky with Becky going over. She is one of the only true babyfaces in WWE, and the fans always gives her a great reaction. If they absolutly needed to have Naomi win, they should have just gone with Naomi vs. Alexa.

I hate that WWE want's everybody on the mania card. It should be a reward for the wrestlers who had a good year, and a hard lesson for those who didn't have a good year.

• @MonsTruz I see. I kinda agree about the matches themselves, I thought the question/issue was more about the placement of that particular match on the card. But yeah, especially the SD women's match felt too forced in that regard that they were just all stuffed there. But that's the trend today: everyone's going to 'Mania. Same thing happens with the Andre match: it's where you put everyone who doesn't have a (strong enough) storyline going on. Leftovers, if you want to be mean about it.

• @Sentinel-Beach At least the Battle Royal was on the pre show, but yes that is a true "get em' all on the card" match. I'm fine with the battle royal, but it really feels like a missed opportunity. Why not put something on the line?

It could be something like: If a smackdown guy wins, then he gets a title match for the IC title. Or the US title if it was a RAW guy. Then if they had Corbin win the IC title, they could have told a underdog story with Rawley challenging Corbin.

Then in the build up to the mania, you could really hammer home the importance of those titles. There could be "legends" coming back, that perhaps never manged to win the IC title, and get another shot at that. There could be younger guys talking about how much it would mean to them getting a shot at those titles.
    You could even use it to settle scores. A guy like Ziggler could enter the match, with the intend of getting another shot at Dean Ambrose, and proving that he could beat him.

• There we go, Nakamura on Smackdown!

If he and AJ stays on the same brand, then lock in match of the year for Summerslam.

• I don't follow NXT, but I've heard a lot about him. That entrance was amazing, I know that much at least.

• @Sentinel-Beach Indeed. That was such a great moment. If you start your entrance with a live violin player, then that is simply just cool.

I'm really exited seeing him on the main roster. The only NXT I see now a days, is the Takeovers, caus there is just not enough time for the weekly shows. So i honestly don't know what to expect promo wise from him, but I know how good he is in the ring.
    He has had some great matches in NXT, and in Japan against AJ.

• Ok, so this denifitely didn't go as a draft normally would, but instead we got some new faces in little by little. That's cool, I was just waiting for something else personally. Misread the message from last week.

I didn't expect any of the bunch Ambrose, Miz and Bray to move to RAW, to be honest. (I think only AJ seemed a solid bet, but he didn't move after all.) This pretty much means that Owens heads to SmackDown, right? Can't keep IC and US titles in the same show. And that upcoming Bray/Orton match now feels kinda pointless, don't you think? I mean Bray won't win and bring the WWE title to RAW with him now. (And does he hop between RAW and SD now for three weeks?) Not unless Lesnar moves to SmackDown tomorrow, aaaaand I don't know about that.

Could Gallows and Anderson move to the blue brand? Some of the bigger names should, I feel, and then there'd be that fabled Styles connection waiting. RAW got Mickie James and Bliss in women's division. Nia Jax seems to be next in line for the belt, but that could very well be the blue belt as well. We'll see.

The star of the show, however? Braun Strowman. Dear lord, I laughed so much. Pushing Roman down from that ramp on that stretcher, what the hell? :D The audience couldn't believe that, either. And then once more the giant returned, to push the freaking ambulance on its side with Roman inside. Oh this was good, like something from the turn of the millennium. :)

• I really like the way they are doing this "shakeup". Now I'm really looking forward to Smackdown, to see who goes the other way.

Charlotte and Owens seems like a lock.
    They need a strong female heel for the Smackdown brand, now that both Mickie and Alexa is on RAW, and Charlotte has just been jobbed out to Nia Jax.
    I hope she immediately takes the title from Naomi and then goes on to feud with Becky Lynch.

They have to get the US title to Smackdown somehow, to the Owens move seems logical. They could always move Jericho to Smackdown, and then have him win the title back, but he should be leaving for a Fozzy tour anytime now.
    Also, with both The Miz and Wyatt moving (and AJ turning face?), Smackdown really needs a couple of heels. Other than Corbin they don't have any single heels that matter. So Owens has to go, but they still need one more.
    Strowman? Joe?

On the Tag team side, someone has to go to Smackdown as well. New Day? Enzo and Cas?

@Sentinel-Beach Strowman just became the number one face in the company! Ohh man that was a blast, just destroying Roman. And flipping a freaking ambulance over!! They are going to show that moment for years to come. I would have loved to see that moment with Huber.

And in other exiting news, Kane is running for mayor in Knox County, Tennessee. Who would wanna argue against him?

• Seeing who other people around the internet is predicting for Smackdown, I totally forgot about Rusev! He could be a great heel on the blue brand.

• Phew, I've been absent from this thread for far too long, I was always several days behind since Wrestlemania so I had to avoid spoilers!

Too late to share my thoughts about WM though.

I was also expecting a more exciting format for the shakeup, instead of just randomly throwing guys out there one by one, leaving us guessing what it meant (at least at the start of the show).

At the time of writing, I think SmackDown is underway, so I won't bother with predictions, I'll watch it tonight and give my overall impressions then.

• SmackDown feels great at the moment! Somehow just so refreshing. Owens was a no-brainer, but it still felt good seeing him arrive. Now with 70 % less beard, even. :) Also, Zayn just feels right on the blue brand. And it's great that the US title finally starts to get more hype around it, I mean the upcoming Owens/Styles will be really good, I feel. Those guys are on fire on the mic and in the ring, looking forward to that feud.

Charlotte arrived, and now I'm wanting that feud with Becky, like MonsTruz was anticipating earlier above. And will Lana get actually in the ring this time around? That was one sexy preview, by the way.

Rusev will fit nicely in SmackDown, that was a good surprise. He can be in both midcard and at the top, too, especially in SD with fewer folks.

Tag teams got Shining Stars and New Day. No matter whether you like the threesome or not, New Day will bring some life into the scene there. Good call. And English is now alone, what was the deal behind that again?

And man. Nakamura. What a wild card for the future, for the big feuds and titles. Feels good.

• Myself I have been super disappointed by WWE post-WrestleMania.

• Smackdown was pretty good.

• It's weird that AJ is suddenly in the United States picture, but man, that feud against Owens is going to be stellar. Owens did look weird without his normal beard though.

• Ziggler vs. Nakamura could be a really great match! Ziggler is probably not anybodies dream feud for Nakamura, but I think it's a very good starting point. Nakamura needs a win from the get go, and Ziggler can easily take a loss, and make Nakamura look like a million bucks.

• Charlotte is a great addition to the womens division. It still looks a couple of women short, but hey, now they got the most talented one.

• I'm looking forward seeing what they do with guys like Sami and Rusev.

• The tag division looks okay with New Day coming over, but I think they still needs a big team. I'm hoping we will get a #DIY call up sooner rather than later.

I'm super optimistic about WWE the next couple of months. It was a great Mania, and now they have shuffled talent around.

Now, best line of the week. Rene Young on talking smack to Shane: "You're limber, get it up there "