WWE - Who is hyped!?

• When did you start watching?
    Born 85' Started watching around 89 or 90 through to 2003 ish.. fell off, then just a few weeks before the CM Punk pipe bomb in Vegas 2011 I started watching again, and been hooked since. Playing dream booking. Filling out PPV scorecards. Being in a WWE fantasy league. When they come to Brooklyn I'm a social media correspondent for the arena. (Basically I'm knowledgeable about the product so I get good seats and tweet for them)

Who is your all time favorite?
    CM Punk (He brought me back in, and created a new way for me to look at wrestling. To look at the business of it)
    Shawn Michaels (I used to hate him cuz I was a bigger Bret Hart fan, but as time has passed I've seen Shawn to be a bit better)
    Bret Hart
    Macho Man
    (A lot of good talent on roster now like Seth, but to soon to give them an all time favorite spot)

Favorite match of all time?
    Shawn Michaels vs The Undertaker Wrestlemania 25
    CM Punk vs John Cena Money in the Bank 2011
    Bayley vs Sasha Banks NXT Brooklyn (Best Live Match I've Ever Seen)
    Ospreay vs Ricochet (Very modern but I think we'll look at it some day like Savage vs Steamboat WM3)

And current hero?
    I gotta give it to Becky Lynch (I look for the underdogs) Dean Ambrose as well, he has fun

And the best wrestling game - I've played a lot of No Mercy and Here Comes The Pain, but honestly the current WWE 2K16 is the best simulation to date. I've also had a bunch of fun with WWE All-Stars

PS: I blog about wrestling. It's mostly a lot of gifs and pictures from old WWF magazines. And is just really meant to keep my mind active by writing about something.

• Formalities:
    When did you start watching? I don't exactly watch. I got into the idea of wrestling in 2000 through one of the video games and I've kept up with what's going on via forums and the occasional download of a particularly good show. I have tried watching for periods, but nahhhhh.
    Who is your all time favorite? Jeff Hardy. I still believe that he could have been one of the biggest stars ever if he didn't have so many "issues"
    Favorite match of all time? TLC 2 at WM17.
    And current hero? Sami Zayn or Seth Rollins.

The Roman Reigns suspension is probably the best thing that could have ever happened to the people who want him to turn heel. He's probably just going to show up at Battleground and be in the title match anyway, and with the crowd firmly behind Ambrose and even Seth being favoured ahead of him it could unintentionally make him the biggest villain in the company if he just ends up winning regardless.

That being said, history shows that they don't exactly care what the masses want when it comes to Roman so maybe we should be expecting a dominating win followed by The Rock raising his hand and confetti falling from the sky :P

• I should probably make a proper post.

When did you start watching?
    Have a hard time remembering exactly, but I wanna say 1999. After 2003, I fell off from it only to get back in around 2006. And then again in 2011ish, only to get back this past Royal Rumble. Though this time around I was keeping tabs.

Who is your all time favourite?
    I would say Bret "The Hitman" Hart. Guess it's the Canadian in me.

Favourite match of all time?
    Bret Hart vs. Steve Austin at Wrestlemania 13.

And current hero?
    I have a few actually: Samoa Joe, Kevin Owens, Sami Zayn, Cesaro, Shinsuke Nakamura.

Getting into it during the Attitude Era was something, it captivated me. It was thrilling, and entertaining. Around 2006, when I got back into it, I also started watching a TON of TNA. Dropped it in 2009ish when I felt like their product started to decline in quality. These days I'm still a WWE fan, and love NXT. I have also been dabbling in NJPW, and a bit of the indie scene.

• @Mr-M
    Yeah there is defiantly still a chance Reign could be in match at Battlegrounds. But they have to just let him be heel right? He will never get the split reaction that Cena gets, it just isnt happening.

• @MonsTruz Well that's the hope... But the past 2 years and Seth's return have sort of proved that the WWE is doing whatever they can to tell (not show) the fans that they simply must accept Reigns on top as the face. It's definitely an interesting scenario now where they seem to recognise Ambrose and even Zayn as incredibly good in the face roles that they want Roman to emulate, but if we were to relate a John Cena heel turn to Half Life 3, then a significant Reigns heel turn would be a Final Fantasy 7 Remake. That analogy has layers ;)

• @Mr-M You know.. there is still a little part of me that thinks the Cena turn could happen. I know it won't, but when he was in the ring with Styles and Gallows and Anderson was approaching, looking all menacing like. I had the thought "what if Cena just destroys AJ right now".

But yeah, i'm so excited to see what role Reigns will play when he returns.

• Global Moderator

When did you start watching? Late 80's and Early 90's
    Who is your all time favorite? Brett Heart the best there is the best there ever was and the best there is ever will be
    Favorite match of all time? The Iron Man match between Brett and Shawn great story behind it and it was never done before a1 hour long match talk about going the distance
    And current hero? At the current moment its Kevin Owens he is the guy even before arriving at WWE, kicking ass and taking names. He made a huge debut by beating the face of the company and it all went up from there for him. Plus the guy can not only wrestle but entertain as well I love when he messes with Cole or Byron at the commentators table.

• So... according to Smackdown, they're still going with the Triple Threat match with Reigns in it as well. Only he won't be anywhere to be seen for the next four weeks. I don't know what to say. A really weird way to approach this. And yet, I kinda expected this in some way, I'm not that surprised.

• @MonsTruz said in WWE - Who is hyped!?:

@Mr-M
    Yeah there is defiantly still a chance Reign could be in match at Battlegrounds. But they have to just let him be heel right? He will never get the split reaction that Cena gets, it just isnt happening.

He's now in a triple threat vs Ambrose and Rollins.

• @Sentinel-Beach
    Yeah, it feels kinda weird.
    But hey, as JR. said in his blog, if it was a real sport, and he got a ban, he would be back as soon as possible.
    I can't wait to hear the crowd reactions though!

• Anyone else hyped for the Cruiserweight Classic tournament?

I really love everything they have done so far, and bringing back The Brian Kendrick! and Tajiri! I'm so hyped for it.

And please, if you wanna talk results, but it in spoiler text until it has aired.

• They seriously need to unretire the Cruiserweight title...

• @-Solid yeah it was so good back in the day! But this tournament and the upcoming brand split could be a sign of a new cruiserweight title.

• I just watched the bracketology for the Cruiserweight Classic, and it is so good! I really like the more "sports" style focus, that WWE uses for this tournament, it makes it feel special. I wish WWE would showcase their main roster guys as well as this. Just from watching this, I know more about TJ Perkins than I do about Apollo Crews.

Ohh and what about the announce team? Mauro Ranallo and Daniel Bryan! That is pure hype.

When I was a teenage, i fucking loved Paul London and Brian Kendrick. I remember a wrestling forum I used to visited, where my signature was a custom made banner of London and Kendrick.
    Seeing this video for Brian Kendrick, made me get a little weepy.

• Not WWE, but this needs to be discussed.

Youtube Video

• @DeweyDTruman It's... it's something...
    I was just waiting for the Dungeon Of Doom to make an appearance!

• I used to love WWF, WWE and WCW in the 80's/90's all the way up to the late 90's, Hulk Hogan, The Ultimate Warrior, Andre the Giant, Sting, even Goldberg and those later generation guys. Nowadays I just can't enjoy it anymore, it's just too silly and the new wrestlers don't interest me at all. I have started watching UFC since a couple of years. So much more interesting, and real on top of it ;)

• @DeweyDTruman one of the funniest things I've witnessed in a long time. So worth watching, especially out of context.

• I just saw this post, so I HAVE to chime in.

When did you start watching?
    I started seeing glimpses of it at a friend's house when I was 8. Macho Man was the most amazing person I had ever seen.

Who is your all time favorite?
    Up until he got fired, CM Punk was my favorite. Prior to that, it would have been Kurt Angle or Shawn Michaels, two guys who had it all.

Favorite match of all time?
    In WWE: CM Punk vs. John Cena at Money in the Bank 2011. Barring the interruption by Vince and Johnny Ace, that match was perfect in both story and execution.

Outside WWE: Shinsuke Nakamura vs. Kota Ibushi at NJPW's Wrestle Kingdom 9. An amazing story of a brutal veteran squaring off with a young and brash Ibushi created a match that was as spectacular as it was punishing. WATCH IT.

And current hero?
    I'm torn because I watch SO much wrestling. In WWE, it has to be Sami Zayn. Having followed nearly his whole career, he's always been the guy you root for. Considering Kevin Owens is his ultimate rival and one of the worst human beings on the planet, there is no way he couldn't be the ultimatebolded text hero to me.

Outside of WWE, Fenix of Lucha Underground (check it out, it's so much fun) would be my other hero. He's a luchador who utilizes a lot of high flying and impact to take down his opponents. He's been portrayed as THE good guy on the show and I can't get enough of his style. I've met him quite a few times and he's always a fantastic person outside the ring as well.

Pentagon Jr. is another wrestler you should check out. He's got the look and moves that captivate audiences wherever he goes.

• @-Solid said in WWE - Who is hyped!?:

They seriously need to unretire the Cruiserweight title...

They're going to, if the reception towards the CWC is good to warrant it.