WWE - Who is hyped!?

• @sentinel-beach They gotta have damage control for Roman.

• I'm loving becky lynch heel turn but my fear is that WWE wouldn't take advantage of this and let her lose to Charlotte, just like when Rusev started to get hot.

I don't get the Shield coming back this soon, wouldn't be better if roman lost to Strowman this week and they reunited next week?!
    Also who am I supposed to cheer for?

• Off topic : I've been listening to Eric bischoff podcasts (83 weeks) where he talks about his WCW run, and one thing i learned is that dirt sheets (Wrestling Observer Newsletter) are %95 wrong, for example : Dave Meltzer reported in the 90's that Mabel aka Viscera was going to be the third man of the NWO before They chose Hogan.

I kinda curious what's your thoughts on wrestling dirt sheets?

• Several weeks without wrestling talk here. I really like that Becky won the belt at Hell in a Cell, and it happened so quickly and suddenly, too! Nice match in that sense. In other news? Hmm. Rusev Day is in pieces now. Sure, why not. It had its run, time to change up things again.

The PPV front is really full, by the way.

• October 6th: Super Show-Down
    • October 28th: Evolution (women only)
    • November 2nd: Crown Jewel (men only)
    • November 18th: Survivor Series

That's almost too much within seven weeks, but sure, better this way, I'm not complaining. I mean last year especially was really dead during the fall season, all the way until Royal Rumble. Now it's really different.

• Jimmy Uso Knows What's up.

Youtube Video

• At Super Show-Down I liked the Styles / Joe match the best. It lasted pretty long and had some good moves and impacts, small surprises here and there. It managed to keep my hopes up of seeing Joe as the champ, but sure, this one had to go to AJ eventually. There was no way Joe would've had a W after all that family shit which was portrayed in a super creepy way.

Bryan's next in the line against Styles at Crown Jewel, should be a good match as well. The chance for a new champ feels real enough.

• @sentinel-beach being there live was cool. but weird as hell.

They definitely dress it up alot to make it look way cooler on TV than it actually is in Person.

in Person you're basically just watching an expensive Pay Per View but on Mute since you don't get to listen to the commentators or anything. and the only tickets that would really make it worthwhile going is if you paid a fuckload to be at ringside. if you're towards the back of the crowd like i was, whenever a wrestler made their entrance out to the ring everyone not only just stands up to see them, but people were standing on chairs and even putting their kids on their shoulders.

they didn't even bother to set up a bunch of tvs around for the rest of us who couldn't see what was happening. no wait they did. in the fucking canteen.

Not happy WWE or MCG.

• @yoshi You painted an interesting picture, thanks. I've sometimes wondered the nature of that kind of live event, being in the audience. And you're right, it would be really weird without the commentators. You don't always have to like them, but they do do an important job in narrating the match and hyping up the action and the moves. The sensation would be totally different without them.

Shame about the organizing there, doesn't sound too nice. And there were over 70 000 people, I can imagine being in the back rows in there. :/

• @sentinel-beach aside from the entrance music and whenever the wrestlers had mics themselves, all it was was just the wrestlers in the ring with a loud thud sound effects added every now and again to make moves seem bigger than they actually were.

i was on the actual MCG ground towards the back. i should have either bought a ringside ticket or somewhere on the outside of the oval in the normal seats where people usually sit to the footy and the cricket.

yeah i was on the ground so i was closer to the wrestlers. but there was no fucking point even being on the field and closer to them when everybody wouldn't sit the fuck down.

i had a much better view up in the stands when i went to get myself a meat pie and a hot dog during the show.

you know your seats shit when you have a better view of the action at the canteen than you do on the actual ground itself

• Pretty fun SmackDown 1000, immediately from that opening montage. So many memories. Evolution was the brightest star of the night, so cool to see those men together even like this after such a long time. It was another lifetime ago. Edge's music hitting felt right as well. We got Vince himself, Mysterio, Big Show, Taker. And the audience even gave Eddie a chant at one point, much deserved, thumbs up.

• Shocking news in WWE as Roman Reigns leaves the ring and the championship behind him because of his battle against leukemia. That's rough, really rough. The real life strikes when you least expect it to.

In other news - dealing with the real world as well - the news are now circling that both Cena and Bryan won't be taking part at Crown Jewel in Saudi Arabia because of the current international situation regarding Khashoggi's fate. This'll be tricky for WWE to explain if they have to end up replacing the men and/or their matches at the PPV. A sudden, difficult and awkward situation for WWE with their 10-year deal with the country.

• That's so fucked up, I really hope he beats this.

• I don't like the character romen raigns, he is one of the reasons i stopped watching Raw and Smackdown( i just watch highlights) , but i really hope he can beat leukaemia again.

• Evolution PPV came and went. I liked the Becky vs. Charlotte the best, it managed to entertain the whole 30 minutes. Super happy too that Becky kept the title.

The Battle Royale winner should have been Ember Moon in my opinion, but maybe it's her time at RR in January then.

• As reported before, now it became clear: Cena is skipping the trip to Saudi Arabia entirely. Storywise they put Lashley in his place in the tournament, because Cena "didn't even qualify".

• I watched Evolution and enjoyed it alot, Toni storm vs Io shirai was great, the nxt champion match was great, and my favourite women's match of this year Becky lynch (the man) vs Charlotte even though the reff almost ruined the match.

Even though they just got their own PPV i still think the women's division is being held back by WWE.

• Crown Jewel happened. Pretty bullshit show, to be honest. I can't believe they went with Lesnar again, this is honestly ridiculous. Just kick him out of WWE entirely already and let the championship be fought over in a way more frequent basis. And what was this match? We didn't even have a match, that's how much they were interested in this. I just don't understand.

And what was up with that Shane surprise? I mean the whole tournament was completely dull and useless to begin with, but to make it not matter at all in the end like this was just wow. I'm wondering if this had been the plan from the start, maybe start some Survivor Series angle with this, or if this was Plan B and Cena was supposed to win the whole thing originally.

The Saudis went crazy over the main event and the four old-timers. Well, it was fun seeing Michaels like this.

Otherwise I'd have a couple of ill words to say about the whole thing (and not just because of the last month's news), but maybe I'll remain quiet on that front.

• Crown Jewel takeaways.
    Shane is the best in the world.
    Vince loves money.
    Women's wrestling was deeply missed.
    Universal Championship will become boo'd by the fans. Its a dead belt.

• really sucks what happened to Roman

• SmackDown had some developments this week. I knew right away that something was going to happen as that title match was made official all of a sudden. And yes indeed, Bryan with the belt now! Although I did not see a heel turn. We haven't seen this side in a good while.
    ...does this also mean Bryan vs. Lesnar now?

Becky's sudden concussion was really a shame. Damn. :/ So unnecessary, out of that kind of situation. At the end of RAW I just thought that someone had accidentally hit her nose the wrong way, but this turned out to be something bigger. Luckily she still gets to keep her title, at least. That's not in jeopardy.