WWE - Who is hyped!?

• SmackDown had some developments this week. I knew right away that something was going to happen as that title match was made official all of a sudden. And yes indeed, Bryan with the belt now! Although I did not see a heel turn. We haven't seen this side in a good while.
    ...does this also mean Bryan vs. Lesnar now?

Becky's sudden concussion was really a shame. Damn. :/ So unnecessary, out of that kind of situation. At the end of RAW I just thought that someone had accidentally hit her nose the wrong way, but this turned out to be something bigger. Luckily she still gets to keep her title, at least. That's not in jeopardy.

• I'm so sad Becky Lynch vs Ronda Rousey is cancelled

• Survivor Series came and went. About the results there:

What a weird concept to have RAW just win everything, 6-0, this year. Maybe some big changes are coming to SmackDown, and this acts as a story point to that.

Charlotte and Ronda was way better than I had hoped, that match became physical, kinda cool and pretty even. Shame about the ending, then, but I guess Ronda couldn't have her first 1v1 loss in a "non-canon" match like this. (And it honestly wouldn't have been believable if she won.) I wonder if this was supposed to have ended in DQ even with Becky originally.

Lesnar vs. Bryan was, well, a typical Brock match. Bryan's second wind was sort of cool, and I actually got a bit excited when Lesnar looked for a moment that maybe he'd actually tap out, but no, it was just false hope (again.) WWE sure has painted Brock as an unstoppable behemoth, his power levels, so to speak, are way beyond anyone. Like waaaay beyond. He doesn't have believable challengers anywhere. I honestly can't see him losing in other than a Triple Threat match or something where he doesn't have to be involved in the pin. They've made him otherwise unconquerable, which is crazy in its own way.

Nia Jax got the biggest boos of the evening because of Becky. Well deserved, those ones. But of course they just went along with it and brought it into the story. I guess that's fair, but it was great to witness those real reactions in any case like this.

• So according to the dirt sheets the pre show tag team match was supposed to go to Raw but someone backstage fucked up and Smackdown won so the score should've been 6-1,but WWE management think the viewers are goldfish so i don't think anyone is gona mention in it on TV.

• Finally there was a mention of WWE Women's Tag Team Championship on RAW. It's felt for a good time now that many of the women need something other to go after than just the top belt, where there can only be 2 or 3 people at once, really.

• @sentinel-beach I feel like having a brand split women's tag team championship belt is a bad idea when the roster is better on Smackdown and also half the roster is on Smackdown. They didn't have enough people for a rumble. I also think it's bad when the men tag team is in a weird place right now.

• Has anyone played the new WWE 2K19 that came out in October? It's now on sale in PlayStation Store for only 30 € and I'm really tempted, I think I'm gonna get it. The last one I have is 2K13 so there's bound to be lots of new additions and tweaks and all. I read from the Wiki article that this one is supposed to be sort of faster and more fluent in many ways. There are also a good MyCareer mode and this journey mode with Daniel Bryan's classic matches (with himself even telling about them documentary style). IGN's review was helpful. ... I'm actually kind of excited, all of a sudden. Yeah, I think I'll get this one. I've thought about this year after year now.

• @sentinel-beach It wasn't on my radar but you mentioning the journey mode with Daniel Bryan has me intrigued! A bit weird since his career is back in full swing now, I guess when they started planning it he was still not supposed to ever come back.

• TLC PPV was really good, I liked it a lot. Lots of entertaining matches with showy moves and spots etc. And thankfully they had understood to save the women's Triple Threat match for the main event, as that was really well delivered from all three women. Man, their bodies seemed to go through a lot, painful spots in there. I'm cool with Asuka winning, she deserves more spotlight after a long while. I just hope that they won't slow down with Becky as people love her so much right now, crazy reactions. Adding Ronda into the mix like this was a neat touch, build-up already for WrestleMania, step by step, I'd say.

• TLC was fun, I enjoyed it! Happy Asuka won!
    The RAW "reboot" was pretty nice! I barely fast forwarded through any of it! PHEW

• WWE just keeps on trucking, even during the holidays. I didn't watch these two episodes, but it seems that women's tag team championship will be reality soon. Nice one! The one thing that just needs clarification is that will this be one pair of champs across both RAW and Smackdown and how would that work in that case, or will both shows get their own belts.

• @sentinel-beach this week shows were pre taped after last week Raw and Smackdown, which is a great thing after last year's disaster.

The only thing keeping me interested in WWE is the women's division and i hope they do things right for the tag titles.

• What did you think about RAW this week? Certainly surprising, but also weird. What's the deal with Strowman, is his arm still too injured so they had to take him out of the picture? A super sudden move. But he did flip that limo, so he can't be too hurt or cautious with the arm. Something's happened.

Well, after everything we got Finn Balor in the spotlight after a long while. I'm pretty happy about this. I'm kind of neutral of him, not bad but not my favourite either, but in any case it's good to see different guys at the top level. Not sure what will happen with Lesnar, meaning will Finn just be a quick one-time stop, or will he actually start his road to WM as a new champ. So I'm pretty interested in the situation, actually.

Women's first tag team champs will be crowned at Elimination Chamber. Three teams from RAW and three from SD in a EC match (right?). That sounds cool. And it confirmed that the titles will be shared between both shows. I wonder how that'll work in practise, but it does make sense, as there's not THAT many women for two teams of champs currently.

With Nikki Cross's arrival I was left wondering that isn't it really wearing to play a maniac character in the long run. Others get to be more or less realistic and themselves but you have to keep the act up with double the amount of, I don't know, intensity. And besides, a psycho character like that just feels really outdated for me somehow in 2019.

• About Strowman, could it have anything to do with his disastrous promo segment last week? It was one of the most awkward mic moments since Tamina's "I'm gonna make you LOOK like Ellsworth"...

I don't know how much of it was his fault but he clearly did nothing to salvage it and it killed a lot of the momentum for the feud and the match. Maybe this is the new era, if you mess up too much, they give your spot to someone more deserving?

Happy for Finn although I highly doubt he'll win the title, but who knows with WWE these days.

And Lashley won the Intercontinental title, pretty surprising too! To be fair, Ambrose had totally lost steam whereas Lashley seems to have really found his character now. Again, signs of a new era? Don't let things stagnate for too long when it's clear they're not working? I sure hope so!

• That last week was for sure super awkward. I honestly didn't know what the hell was happening. Strowman in the ring, Lesnar & Heyman on the big screen. For a moment I thought there might be like some weird delay in the arena, that it didn't broadcast to them like it did for home audiences. Strowman just stood there, like over ten seconds saying nothing, and multiple times during the whole segment. All eyes on him. He forgot his lines? Super painful to watch, and unlike him, too. Hadn't happened before, if I remember correctly.

• They are really not handling the NXT callups very well

• Global Moderator

With Lars Sullivan they didn't really have a choice, he apparently had a panic attack last week, then no showed RAW but also didn't tell anyone at the company and has been awol since.

On the plus side, I'm really excited they flipped things around with Balor and Strowman, they tried to slot Strowman in the old Reigns spot and it wasn't working, so he's back to doing what he does best, tip cars over and destroy stuff. Lesnars better matches this run have all been against smaller guys anyway (Bryan, Styles, Joe).

One other thing, looks like Kevin Owens is almost ready to return, and going off the pics he's lost a LOT of weight.

• Any Royal Rumble predictions?

I'm going with Strowman for the mens and Becky Lynch or Charlotte for the women's.

• I find myself in a pretty nice state of mind when it comes to RR as I've no good predictions this year. Meaning it's pretty likely that I'll be surprised a few times during the show which is always welcome. I guess both Kevin Owens and Sami Zayn could both return in the RR match itself (and KO's even a pretty solid winner candidate if that happens). McIntyre will be in a championship match this year, but would he really get his first one in WrestleMania? I don't see it happening yet. I'd be okay with either Strowman or Samoa Joe winning, but Strowman's position's really weird now after the past two weeks.

• Royal Rumble results and thoughts right here. Spoiler warning if you haven't watched the show yet.

The name of the game became pretty apparent as soon as we saw Becky vs. Asuka going in first. And after that loss you could lock your answer that Becky would still get her moment before the night's over. And she did! :) I don't matter if this was easy to see, it felt great all the same. The Man is the hottest thing in WWE right now, and you need to strike when the iron's hot. So thank you. We missed that Becky vs. Ronda in Survivor Series, but now have WrestleMania to look forward to. Ronda's first loss, coming up!

I'd have been okay if she lost here as well, as I was pretty excited to see Sasha in the spotlight again after what seems like a long time. (I haven't liked too much her and Bayley teaming up and doing basically nothing significant.) A good match, and based on that ending we'll see something more still.

Oh, and in the women's RR match Lacey Evans proved to be pretty capable, I was positively surprised. Her persona, that 40s/50s lady, doesn't really speak to me (yet?), but she was a nice sight in the ring. Both by her skills and visually as well.

Rowan returning out of nowhere was definitely a surprise. Could be a good addition by Bryan's side, a new angle to keep things fresh around his title reign. (I hope Harper's nearby as well somewhere.)

Once again there was that brief moment of hope during the Balor / Lesnar fight, that what if this is the night that the Beast falls. Buuuut then Brock killed Balor and all remained the same. What a final boss that man is.

The men's RR match wasn't too exciting as there wasn't really too many realistic contenders. It was basically Strowman and Rollins, when you think about it. And Strowman seems to have some backstage thing going on, so that narrowed it down even further. And when they went with that boring as hell angle of "now this guy's basically dead half the match until he isn't" it was a done deal. I don't mind Rollins per se, he's okay, but the way the match was delivered wasn't really thrilling.

Except for Nia Jax! What the hell! :D Oh man, that was crazy. I honestly thought that she would even win the whole damn thing, but nope. All she got was a series of finishers. That felt somehow super inapproriate and weird, but at the same time I was just super entertained by all that craziness happening in the ring. LOL, I tell you. :]