WWE - Who is hyped!?
Plenty of obstacles ahead for Becky, it seems. As it should be, as we still have like two months to go before 'Mania. Really liked Mr. McMahon on RAW, it felt both entertaining and surprising in the right way. Also, "I'm the Man!", heh. :)
The Revival won the tag belts finally which was cool, those two deserve them.
This Sunday's Chamber match with the six tag teams for the women's tag belts feels actually pretty hype in my book, I'm excited. Although it does seem that Sasha and Bayley will win the whole thing, which lessens the feeling a bit. I mean they'd be great winners for the history books as the first champions given their status and acts in WWE, but I still see them more as individuals just put together. Meaning for the tag team belts I'd much rather see an actual and solidified pair to win them, like Deville & Rose, IIconics or the Riott Squad, even. We'll see.
Elimination Chamber results and thoughts:
I really liked both the Chamber matches, I actually think this is one of my favourites stipulations in the whole year. What a week for Kofi, the man's suddenly so over now, huge pop from the crowd. First an hour or so in that Gauntlet Match and now this kind of night inside the Chamber. That was some entertaining stuff right there. If it wasn't Mania season there could have even been a surprise feel good ending to all of this.
The women's Chamber match was also a really fun ride to watch. I especially enjoyed seeing Mandy & Sonya and the Riott Squad performing really well. In the end I found myself extremely invested in hoping for a win to Sonya and Mandy, but not quite. Not tonight. And okay, sure, as I stated in the post above, Sasha and Bayley are worthy inaugural tag team champs. It was just a little too predictable, that's all. But it's cool that those titles are now in WWE. Should be less meaningless matches with the women's division.
Axel last edited by
Finished watch Elimination Chamber, it was a weird PPV.
The two chamber matches were great, Balor winning a title again was satisfying, but apart from that, it felt like a random episode of RAW.
The Ronda match was a huge missed opportunity and made Ruby Riott look like a total chump (although Ronda looked amazingly badass with her Sonya Blade cosplay, please stay like this and stop wearing atrocious make-up).
The whole Corbin-Strowman feud is boring and predictable. I can't stand those overly long heel beatdowns anymore, they're not fun to watch and are not as shocking as WWE seems to think, especially when there's one pretty much every week.
I'm happy they went with Sasha and Bayley as inaugural champs, sure it was predictable but sometimes I'd much rather take the predictable but wholesome option than the shitty swerve only for shock value.
Just like we all expect Rollins to beat Lesnar at Mania: if it happens but the match is great, I won't mind at all. If they make Lesnar win just to surprise us again, it will leave a bad taste in my mouth.
Feel-good moments can be just that, and WWE seems to have forgotten this in the past few years, so I'm glad they're doing more of those recently.
What a great surprise on RAW, managed to catch me off guard. I'm not talking about Reigns' return to action - which is great, of course, getting his health back - but the end bit of Batista returning. They ARE going along with that match with HHH at WM. It was on that SmackDown celebration episode back in autumn when that was hinted at. And Batista's the heel this time around.
Sean Ó Ceallachain last edited by
Have Huber or Brad ever watched OSW review ?
It's all I wanna know (especially as brad never experienced the old school Hulkamania era)
Also for any Allies who call themselves wrestling fans, OSW Review is a must watch...start from episode 24 or so (they're on youtube).
Damn, after watching SmackDown it now really feels that #KofiMania will be reality. They're going for it. He got robbed of his Fastlane title match now, so the situation continues to build and being streched across more weeks. This means that Kofi will most propably actually win the whole shabang at Mania after these hardships! I really didn't see this coming only a few weeks ago still. Thumbs up, feels like a fresh change.
parasitepaladin last edited by
The main show this week were pretty hype.
And I agree, hopefully this helps Kofi get to mania. That would be SWEET.
Guest last edited by
I barely keep up with wrestling these days but I just thought I'd share two really, really good videos on the subject I'm sure a lot of people here might enjoy.
The Undertaker: Long Term Story Telling in Wrestling
there will Never Ever be another show like Monday Night Raw
parasitepaladin last edited by
HELL YEA. Hopefully the crowd has some energy left by the time the main event happens. Wouldn't want a bad(tired) crowd to lower the quality of the match
Nice, SmackDown managed to surprise me big time. Charlotte's suddenly the SD champ! This was a cool turn of events as they've (sadly) not managed to build anything around Asuka for WM. So now we have TWO champions in the same match, the main event of WrestleMania. Will we now actually see Becky holding up BOTH belts in the air by the end of the night? It's certainly suddenly looking like it, there's a real possibility. What a moment that'd be!
"John Oliver discusses how the WWE takes care of its wrestlers — and how it doesn’t." A really entertainingly done informational video about a sad issue.
Things went as I expected, and now both titles are on the line in the main event this Sunday. Should be a cool ending. Also that police car fight on RAW was pretty hilarious in a good way.
It's WrestleMania results time! Man, that was a long show. Couldn't watch all of it, so I ended up skipping parts of the more regular match-ups.
The biggest surprise to me was Seth actually winning. Cool! I hope this means Lesnar's out of the next "season". More matches and shenanigans around the belt on RAW, please.
- Why did Shane had to have that win at the end? What purpose did it serve, other than "shock" and confuse, maybe? Weird.
- The IIconics won, yes! I hoped for that and I got it. More hype around these two in the near future now.
- Kofi's moment was very nice, he deserved this. One super big Moment on his long-ass career, at least. And Bryan played his heel role very well, too.
- Hearing Cena's old skool theme all of a sudden was like O_O, but then the situation turned into that Steve Buscemi meme of "what's up, fellow kids".
- Becky did what everyone wanted her to do. This is right. :) The finish was still weirdly executed, though. I would've preferred a more clean one. Now it was even commented on etc., which confused at least me and the audience there as well. It was so sudden. I guess Ronda will grap the mic on RAW next. But yeah, Becky had a huge moment here, feels good.
DIPSET last edited by
KOFI KINGSTON! When WWE got PG and I lost interest for most of a decade, Kofi and The Miz were two "superstars" that I really liked. The rest... not so much. His match against Daniel Bryan was awesome, exciting, nail biting. I'm so happy he won and I hope he gets to keep it for a while.
Main event was pretty boring in my opinion. I think I saw a few botches and general unclean falling. Think Rousey might have gotten hurt, but I can't tell for sure. It was kinda awkward watching the announcers trip over themselves trying to explain the ending since Rousey clearly didn't even have shoulders down.
RAW after 'Mania. This was a fun episode of its own, a sort of break and celebration week before next week's Shake-Up (which is cool).
Kofi vs. Seth seemed kinda crazy, winner getting both the titles. For a moment I was thinking that are they going to unify the belts again or something, but then again I was pretty damn sure that match wouldn't see its end. Just didn't expect it to be The Bar interrupting it, felt weird. And the crowd didn't like it at all. But I get what WWE wanted here, to have both the new champs together and victorious by the end of the end, showcasing the start of a new era, sort of.
By the way, what was going on in the audience? People were constantly looking to the right and cheering or reacting to something. I thought a wrestler was coming in as a surprise but no. That was something different, someone was doing something weird and/or epic shit out there.
- The Revival didn't win their belts back, so... are they leaving? That's been the rumor for some time now.
- Finally something happened with Lacey Evans. She was pretty alright at the Rumble, so I'm cool seeing her going after Becky now. Which is possible in either show.
- Sami Zayn's back, yey! Definitely one of my favourites in this whole big circus. And we're continuing as a heel. Either way would've worked for me.
- No more match for Taker at Mania, but at least he got something during this crazy period of the year.
- Cole's voice was pretty demolished from time to time. Quite a lot of hours during a short period of time.
- The hell was that dinosaur puppet in the box? Oh my God, someone's gonna have a gimmick for the ages soon.
Axel last edited by
Finally caught up (not on SmackDown yet)!
Mania was pretty good overall, but they really need to cut it shorter, it's ridiculous and the audience ends up too tired to cheer for the main event which totally defeats the point.
- I'm glad they went with the "right" winners for the 3 big titles (Rollins, Kofi and Becky), in past years it felt like if a result was too obvious, they would always go with a swerve ending just for the shock factor, but it just sucked more often than not. They seem to realize that a satisfying ending is just as valuable as a surprising one.
- I wish Reigns lost against McIntyre though. It could have easily been sold as "he wasn't 100% yet" and started an arc where he's trying to get back to his previous form. Instead he's back on top as if nothing happened. I'm afraid crowds will get back to booing him before we even reach SummerSlam...
- Ricochet and Black had an amazing weekend overall, it looks like WWE has great things in store for them and I can't wait to see where they go next.
- The 2 Battle Royales were crap though, especially the women's. What good does a Carmella win do to anyone? EC3 is being totally wasted on the main roster too, poor guy.
- I enjoyed the Cena segment, it was unexpected and just short enough. Wouldn't mind having this character back for a stint!
- Don't care much for the Iiconics, but I prefer them as champs to Nia-Tamina. I have a feeling Sasha and Bayley will now fall back into limbo, would be best if one of them moved to SmackDown at this point.
As for RAW:
- I was also very worried about them unifying the titles, so it was a huge relief to me when the Bar showed up. Speaking of which, I wonder how they'll handle Becky holding both titles. Would be cool to have her defend both on the same PPV, as the McMahons keep bullying her. Great way for her to lose one without looking weak.
- No Ronda, that was surprising.
- Really liked Sami's promo after the match, had a distinct CM Punk vibe to it! He slipped and fell during his entrance and I felt sooooo bad for him, worst thing to happen especially on your long-awaited return. Glad he had an awesome match to make us forget about it.
- I have a feeling the creepy dinosaur puppet has something to do with Bray Wyatt.
- Can't wait for the Shakeup next week, it's always a great opportunity for fresh starts!
Shake-Up happened. Not too many big things for my taste. It seems that behind the scenes the Riott Squad is no more as Liv Morgan seems to have been moved to SmackDown now all by her own. And apparently Samoa Joe will move to RAW with his US title so that it won't be on the same show with the IC title.
Oh man, we never got that Luke Harper return, then. :(
A really good wrestler and performer, honestly one of my favourites along with Cesaro in these recent years. It feels like lots of potential got underused here. Loved that one era two years ago when it almost seemed Harper was getting in on the Bray/Orton feud big time. There was that Styles match etc.
Apparently Goldberg will take part in June's PPV in Saudi Arabia. As will Lesnar, even though he's currently heavily out of everything in WWE. Man, those Saudi shows feel really, really separate from everything else. But I guess they just put out an order and WWE delivers.