WWE - Who is hyped!?
Sean Ó Ceallachain last edited by
Have Huber or Brad ever watched OSW review ?
It's all I wanna know (especially as brad never experienced the old school Hulkamania era)
Also for any Allies who call themselves wrestling fans, OSW Review is a must watch...start from episode 24 or so (they're on youtube).
Damn, after watching SmackDown it now really feels that #KofiMania will be reality. They're going for it. He got robbed of his Fastlane title match now, so the situation continues to build and being streched across more weeks. This means that Kofi will most propably actually win the whole shabang at Mania after these hardships! I really didn't see this coming only a few weeks ago still. Thumbs up, feels like a fresh change.
The main show this week were pretty hype.
And I agree, hopefully this helps Kofi get to mania. That would be SWEET.
Guest last edited by
I barely keep up with wrestling these days but I just thought I'd share two really, really good videos on the subject I'm sure a lot of people here might enjoy.
The Undertaker: Long Term Story Telling in Wrestling
there will Never Ever be another show like Monday Night Raw
HELL YEA. Hopefully the crowd has some energy left by the time the main event happens. Wouldn't want a bad(tired) crowd to lower the quality of the match
Nice, SmackDown managed to surprise me big time. Charlotte's suddenly the SD champ! This was a cool turn of events as they've (sadly) not managed to build anything around Asuka for WM. So now we have TWO champions in the same match, the main event of WrestleMania. Will we now actually see Becky holding up BOTH belts in the air by the end of the night? It's certainly suddenly looking like it, there's a real possibility. What a moment that'd be!
"John Oliver discusses how the WWE takes care of its wrestlers — and how it doesn’t." A really entertainingly done informational video about a sad issue.
Things went as I expected, and now both titles are on the line in the main event this Sunday. Should be a cool ending. Also that police car fight on RAW was pretty hilarious in a good way.
It's WrestleMania results time! Man, that was a long show. Couldn't watch all of it, so I ended up skipping parts of the more regular match-ups.
The biggest surprise to me was Seth actually winning. Cool! I hope this means Lesnar's out of the next "season". More matches and shenanigans around the belt on RAW, please.
- Why did Shane had to have that win at the end? What purpose did it serve, other than "shock" and confuse, maybe? Weird.
- The IIconics won, yes! I hoped for that and I got it. More hype around these two in the near future now.
- Kofi's moment was very nice, he deserved this. One super big Moment on his long-ass career, at least. And Bryan played his heel role very well, too.
- Hearing Cena's old skool theme all of a sudden was like O_O, but then the situation turned into that Steve Buscemi meme of "what's up, fellow kids".
- Becky did what everyone wanted her to do. This is right. :) The finish was still weirdly executed, though. I would've preferred a more clean one. Now it was even commented on etc., which confused at least me and the audience there as well. It was so sudden. I guess Ronda will grap the mic on RAW next. But yeah, Becky had a huge moment here, feels good.
DIPSET last edited by
KOFI KINGSTON! When WWE got PG and I lost interest for most of a decade, Kofi and The Miz were two "superstars" that I really liked. The rest... not so much. His match against Daniel Bryan was awesome, exciting, nail biting. I'm so happy he won and I hope he gets to keep it for a while.
Main event was pretty boring in my opinion. I think I saw a few botches and general unclean falling. Think Rousey might have gotten hurt, but I can't tell for sure. It was kinda awkward watching the announcers trip over themselves trying to explain the ending since Rousey clearly didn't even have shoulders down.
RAW after 'Mania. This was a fun episode of its own, a sort of break and celebration week before next week's Shake-Up (which is cool).
Kofi vs. Seth seemed kinda crazy, winner getting both the titles. For a moment I was thinking that are they going to unify the belts again or something, but then again I was pretty damn sure that match wouldn't see its end. Just didn't expect it to be The Bar interrupting it, felt weird. And the crowd didn't like it at all. But I get what WWE wanted here, to have both the new champs together and victorious by the end of the end, showcasing the start of a new era, sort of.
By the way, what was going on in the audience? People were constantly looking to the right and cheering or reacting to something. I thought a wrestler was coming in as a surprise but no. That was something different, someone was doing something weird and/or epic shit out there.
- The Revival didn't win their belts back, so... are they leaving? That's been the rumor for some time now.
- Finally something happened with Lacey Evans. She was pretty alright at the Rumble, so I'm cool seeing her going after Becky now. Which is possible in either show.
- Sami Zayn's back, yey! Definitely one of my favourites in this whole big circus. And we're continuing as a heel. Either way would've worked for me.
- No more match for Taker at Mania, but at least he got something during this crazy period of the year.
- Cole's voice was pretty demolished from time to time. Quite a lot of hours during a short period of time.
- The hell was that dinosaur puppet in the box? Oh my God, someone's gonna have a gimmick for the ages soon.
Axel last edited by
Finally caught up (not on SmackDown yet)!
Mania was pretty good overall, but they really need to cut it shorter, it's ridiculous and the audience ends up too tired to cheer for the main event which totally defeats the point.
- I'm glad they went with the "right" winners for the 3 big titles (Rollins, Kofi and Becky), in past years it felt like if a result was too obvious, they would always go with a swerve ending just for the shock factor, but it just sucked more often than not. They seem to realize that a satisfying ending is just as valuable as a surprising one.
- I wish Reigns lost against McIntyre though. It could have easily been sold as "he wasn't 100% yet" and started an arc where he's trying to get back to his previous form. Instead he's back on top as if nothing happened. I'm afraid crowds will get back to booing him before we even reach SummerSlam...
- Ricochet and Black had an amazing weekend overall, it looks like WWE has great things in store for them and I can't wait to see where they go next.
- The 2 Battle Royales were crap though, especially the women's. What good does a Carmella win do to anyone? EC3 is being totally wasted on the main roster too, poor guy.
- I enjoyed the Cena segment, it was unexpected and just short enough. Wouldn't mind having this character back for a stint!
- Don't care much for the Iiconics, but I prefer them as champs to Nia-Tamina. I have a feeling Sasha and Bayley will now fall back into limbo, would be best if one of them moved to SmackDown at this point.
As for RAW:
- I was also very worried about them unifying the titles, so it was a huge relief to me when the Bar showed up. Speaking of which, I wonder how they'll handle Becky holding both titles. Would be cool to have her defend both on the same PPV, as the McMahons keep bullying her. Great way for her to lose one without looking weak.
- No Ronda, that was surprising.
- Really liked Sami's promo after the match, had a distinct CM Punk vibe to it! He slipped and fell during his entrance and I felt sooooo bad for him, worst thing to happen especially on your long-awaited return. Glad he had an awesome match to make us forget about it.
- I have a feeling the creepy dinosaur puppet has something to do with Bray Wyatt.
- Can't wait for the Shakeup next week, it's always a great opportunity for fresh starts!
Shake-Up happened. Not too many big things for my taste. It seems that behind the scenes the Riott Squad is no more as Liv Morgan seems to have been moved to SmackDown now all by her own. And apparently Samoa Joe will move to RAW with his US title so that it won't be on the same show with the IC title.
Oh man, we never got that Luke Harper return, then. :(
A really good wrestler and performer, honestly one of my favourites along with Cesaro in these recent years. It feels like lots of potential got underused here. Loved that one era two years ago when it almost seemed Harper was getting in on the Bray/Orton feud big time. There was that Styles match etc.
Apparently Goldberg will take part in June's PPV in Saudi Arabia. As will Lesnar, even though he's currently heavily out of everything in WWE. Man, those Saudi shows feel really, really separate from everything else. But I guess they just put out an order and WWE delivers.
Money in the Bank's upon us. Alexa Bliss can't compete due to medical reasons so Nikki Cross will replace her. Bad news considering how long Bliss has been out of the ring now. Okay, she's had a few minor matches here and there, but basically she's been out of action for months, a very long time. Even at 'Mania she had to just host the show. It'll be sad if she ends up like Paige in the end, hopefully not.
Almost all the titles are on the line, though I don't know if we'll see that many changing hands. Propably Joe's the most propable to lose his.
I'm more eager to see the actual briefcase matches as these always paint an interesting picture of the future in WWE. At men's match I hope Sami would win but I think it'll actually be McIntyre now. With women I feel it's a bit tougher to predict, no clear favourite in my eyes. Though there are four ex-champions and I don't see any of them winning at this point. Meaning someone newer and fresher would do it. I kinda hope Ember Moon would do it, but I think it'll end up being Dana Brooke.
I was at Money and the Bank! A decent show.....but the finish. Oh. Oh no. I am mad.
I am very excited about Bayley though.
Money in the Bank PPV talk and results:
I am stunned and bored out of my mind by the decision to bring back Lesnar again. What a disgusting persona, couldn't he have just stayed at UFC or where ever he has been. My face dropped and seems to stay fucking tired just thinking about this return once again. And straight into the highest level, how else, of course. I mean there are some heels that you kind of enjoy hating, but this man just paints the world grey in WWE.
And the match itself had been really entertaining up until that point! Lots of cool spots, many of them with the ladders. Dear Lord that one moment between Andrade and Balor. I honestly stayed breathless for a number of seconds, it looked so nasty.
I've never exactly "got" Bayley so I thought her winning was a bit of bore. But on the other hand they separated the women's brands & titles in an ok fashion soon after, building up Bayley/Charlotte feud and Becky can concentrate on RAW most likely.
Is it just me, or does Seth's chair gimmick feel really awkward somehow? I mean he's supposed to be a face champion, yet he pummels guys (ok, sure, heels) left and right with a chair all the time now suddenly. I mean, should I cheer...?