WWE - Who is hyped!?
Axel last edited by
Finally caught up (not on SmackDown yet)!
Mania was pretty good overall, but they really need to cut it shorter, it's ridiculous and the audience ends up too tired to cheer for the main event which totally defeats the point.
- I'm glad they went with the "right" winners for the 3 big titles (Rollins, Kofi and Becky), in past years it felt like if a result was too obvious, they would always go with a swerve ending just for the shock factor, but it just sucked more often than not. They seem to realize that a satisfying ending is just as valuable as a surprising one.
- I wish Reigns lost against McIntyre though. It could have easily been sold as "he wasn't 100% yet" and started an arc where he's trying to get back to his previous form. Instead he's back on top as if nothing happened. I'm afraid crowds will get back to booing him before we even reach SummerSlam...
- Ricochet and Black had an amazing weekend overall, it looks like WWE has great things in store for them and I can't wait to see where they go next.
- The 2 Battle Royales were crap though, especially the women's. What good does a Carmella win do to anyone? EC3 is being totally wasted on the main roster too, poor guy.
- I enjoyed the Cena segment, it was unexpected and just short enough. Wouldn't mind having this character back for a stint!
- Don't care much for the Iiconics, but I prefer them as champs to Nia-Tamina. I have a feeling Sasha and Bayley will now fall back into limbo, would be best if one of them moved to SmackDown at this point.
As for RAW:
- I was also very worried about them unifying the titles, so it was a huge relief to me when the Bar showed up. Speaking of which, I wonder how they'll handle Becky holding both titles. Would be cool to have her defend both on the same PPV, as the McMahons keep bullying her. Great way for her to lose one without looking weak.
- No Ronda, that was surprising.
- Really liked Sami's promo after the match, had a distinct CM Punk vibe to it! He slipped and fell during his entrance and I felt sooooo bad for him, worst thing to happen especially on your long-awaited return. Glad he had an awesome match to make us forget about it.
- I have a feeling the creepy dinosaur puppet has something to do with Bray Wyatt.
- Can't wait for the Shakeup next week, it's always a great opportunity for fresh starts!
Shake-Up happened. Not too many big things for my taste. It seems that behind the scenes the Riott Squad is no more as Liv Morgan seems to have been moved to SmackDown now all by her own. And apparently Samoa Joe will move to RAW with his US title so that it won't be on the same show with the IC title.
Oh man, we never got that Luke Harper return, then. :(
A really good wrestler and performer, honestly one of my favourites along with Cesaro in these recent years. It feels like lots of potential got underused here. Loved that one era two years ago when it almost seemed Harper was getting in on the Bray/Orton feud big time. There was that Styles match etc.
Apparently Goldberg will take part in June's PPV in Saudi Arabia. As will Lesnar, even though he's currently heavily out of everything in WWE. Man, those Saudi shows feel really, really separate from everything else. But I guess they just put out an order and WWE delivers.
Money in the Bank's upon us. Alexa Bliss can't compete due to medical reasons so Nikki Cross will replace her. Bad news considering how long Bliss has been out of the ring now. Okay, she's had a few minor matches here and there, but basically she's been out of action for months, a very long time. Even at 'Mania she had to just host the show. It'll be sad if she ends up like Paige in the end, hopefully not.
Almost all the titles are on the line, though I don't know if we'll see that many changing hands. Propably Joe's the most propable to lose his.
I'm more eager to see the actual briefcase matches as these always paint an interesting picture of the future in WWE. At men's match I hope Sami would win but I think it'll actually be McIntyre now. With women I feel it's a bit tougher to predict, no clear favourite in my eyes. Though there are four ex-champions and I don't see any of them winning at this point. Meaning someone newer and fresher would do it. I kinda hope Ember Moon would do it, but I think it'll end up being Dana Brooke.
parasitepaladin last edited by
I was at Money and the Bank! A decent show.....but the finish. Oh. Oh no. I am mad.
I am very excited about Bayley though.
Money in the Bank PPV talk and results:
I am stunned and bored out of my mind by the decision to bring back Lesnar again. What a disgusting persona, couldn't he have just stayed at UFC or where ever he has been. My face dropped and seems to stay fucking tired just thinking about this return once again. And straight into the highest level, how else, of course. I mean there are some heels that you kind of enjoy hating, but this man just paints the world grey in WWE.
And the match itself had been really entertaining up until that point! Lots of cool spots, many of them with the ladders. Dear Lord that one moment between Andrade and Balor. I honestly stayed breathless for a number of seconds, it looked so nasty.
I've never exactly "got" Bayley so I thought her winning was a bit of bore. But on the other hand they separated the women's brands & titles in an ok fashion soon after, building up Bayley/Charlotte feud and Becky can concentrate on RAW most likely.
Is it just me, or does Seth's chair gimmick feel really awkward somehow? I mean he's supposed to be a face champion, yet he pummels guys (ok, sure, heels) left and right with a chair all the time now suddenly. I mean, should I cheer...?
Extreme Rules was pretty nice, the show had a bunch good matches. Obviously I liked my man Cesaro showing his skills against Black out there, that was a solid match. The main event was also entertaining (and damn, Lacey's sexy). Corbin hitting Becky with End of Days, lol. Pretty boring with Lesnar again, though, but SummerSlam's coming and he's the Big Four guy around WWE.
I liked SmackDown this week a lot, practically watched the whole show, hasn't happened for a long time. Liv Morgan on TV finally, yeah! And Charlotte, too. Ember Moon's getting a championship match feels fresh, I dig it. And this new angle with Owens is something I really want to see how it evolves.
On RAW Rollins got his rematch against Lesnar in SummerSlam, okay. Bray Wyatt finally arrived with that creepy mask. And Natalya earned a championship match against Becky? Sorry Nattie, but I feel like this'll turn out Triple Threat eventually still. Needs more hype.
A big question, though. Where is Sasha Banks? We haven't seen her since WrestleMania. I really thought she'd return in either of the shows this week for SummerSlam, but no. And same thing with Ronda, essentially, she's been away as long as well.
Axel last edited by
I was hoping that on the heels of his good match at Extreme Rules, Taker would be added to the title picture. Imagine a Fatal-4-Way for the title at SummerSlam between Lesnar, Rollins, Reigns and Taker, the 3 guys with the most history with Lesnar, to settle it once and for all, that would be fun!
Now I just hope Rolling regains the title because I don't want another year of champ Lesnar showing up once every 3 months.
Overall, I still hate the fact that the two rosters are leaking into each other, it's become super confusing, but it looks like with the current Shane/Owens storyline on SD they might end up dialing it down. I'm not getting my hopes up though.
SummerSlam wasn't anything too special. No big surprises and everything kinda went like expected. Well okay, Lesnar's loss was a good thing to happen so quickly now. And luckily Orton didn't become a champion, though that feud's propably not over yet.
I was waiting for Ronda (or maybe Sasha) to return during or after Becky's match and beat her up, but nope. Of course, this Monday has the door open for any returns like that, too. Hearing Edge's theme on the Kick-Off show made me smile, by the way.
Sasha baby! \o/ I'm 100 % in right now, yes! Four months' absence and then a return like this, I love it. Heel Sasha will work wonders, and what a pairing now with Becky. She's of the caliber that'll finally take that red belt from Becky, no way this feud will lead to anywhere else. Good times ahead.
Sentinel Beach last edited by Sentinel Beach
Clash of Champions came and went. The night had its moments, some thoughts follow.
- Women's tag match was pretty good, I liked both the pairs. I did hope it would have been Mandy and Sonya's time now as Alexa and Nikki have been kind of quiet lately, but nope, not yet. The Harley Quinn costume was very nice.
- The Becky vs. Sasha match worked well, it felt like a big match as it should. I was hoping for Sasha to take the title, but the time wasn't now in the end. I was a bit disappointed with the ending, but I think in the long run this'll work better as the feud will get more time and steam to develop. That mustard on the back was nasty, nonetheless.
- Orton didn't win after all, nice! I really thought so, but this is way better. I mean I'm not really that excited about Kofi (anymore), but having Orton as the top dog would have been blaargh. Now we just need some great new contender to win it all.
- LUKE HARPER! The hell is this!? Yes! I mean the man stated in April he'd be leaving WWE entirely, what has happened? What a great moment, Harper's one of my favourites along with Cesaro. And now he returns into a Reigns storyline, into headlights like this. The match itself was pretty nice as well, like suitably rough and tough. I think this is a cool enough change to bring someone like Rowan up front for a while, at least.
- I guess Strowman will never win the top belt. The crowd was even turning on Rollins in the end with their unsatisfied mood towards the outcome. I was actually a little terrified seeing Strowman up on those ropes like he was gonna stumble and fall any moment. I liked the pin attempts when Braun powered Seth off even before one count etc., hehee. Wyatt arrived after everything, looks like he'll head to a title match next. Which I'm fine with.
There was some pretty neat destruction at the end of SmackDown. When Rowan threw that piece of ring protection across the ring it really looked like it landed in the audience. The crowd even made that noise, like oooooooooh, it's coming.
Lesnar's return to SmackDown came as a surprise. Not my first choice to compete with Kofi, but there we have it.
SmackDown moving to FOX and to Friday nights forces WWE to actually split the roster, hence the upcoming draft. I read that there's like some real legal contract reasons that the people can't jump from one show and channel to another one anymore after that October change. So people will be more "locked" into their shows from that point forwards.
Felt weird watching SmackDown at this time of the week, it'll take a few weeks to get used to the new Friday spot after the FOX deal. Next week I believe the draft'll begin and the two shows can start to operate more regularly after that.
Kofi's championship reign ended in a pretty unglorious way, lol. One move wins ftw. But I think no one saw the next thing coming as the UFC past came haunting for Lesnar, what. Cain Velasquez. I mean I was expecting for some sort of "revenge" from Rey, a feud maybe, but this all came out of the blue.
Hell in a Cell results follow. What a weird ending for the night, the main event. I mean the match had a cool premise but they didn't really know what to do with all this. A No DQ match ending in DQ (or something like that)? The Fiend's pretty awesome, but his durability/stamina is maybe even too absurd. I mean how can anyone win him after what we saw now? Rollins stomped him like a dozen times and the monster gets up at one. Got his head bashed in, no impact in the end. He was like made of rubber or something, just absorbed everything. Took more than Cena, Lesnar, Taker or pretty much anyone. The crowd was furious over how the match ended and how Rollins was winning most of the time. I was somehow perplexed by the whole match, trying to piece together the big picture.
Becky vs. Sasha on the other hand was a 10. What a match, really really liked this one. We saw pretty much everything here, nice amount of imagination and props were used. Really flashy and impactful moves like Becky jumping feet first into Sasha on that corner chair, or Sasha hitting that knees over shoulders move on Becky through the table. Too bad Sasha didn't win, though, I'd really have liked to see the match end that way. Are we waiting for Rousey to return or what will be the moment Becky will eventually face the loss?
Charlotte and the Kabuki Warriors winning came out of nowhere somehow. I would've preferred more build-up for both these moments. I guess this could be because of the upcoming draft, they're placing people and titles to the positions they want.
Sentinel Beach last edited by Sentinel Beach
Bayley's transformation, nice. Was never fan of the hugging and all that. Now we got rid of the Bayley Buddies, too. The title change was a surprise but a good one at that, it fit perfectly to the occasion now.
Those backroom moments during the draft, so stupid. :D So WWE, could not have been otherwise executed.
Raw: Becky Lynch
Raw: The O.C.
Raw: Drew McIntyre
Raw: Randy Orton
Raw: Bobby Lashley
Raw: Alexa Bliss
Raw: Kevin Owens
Raw: The Viking Raiders
Raw: Nikki Cross
Raw: The Street Profits
SmackDown: Roman Reigns
SmackDown: "The Fiend" Bray Wyatt
SmackDown: Sasha Banks
SmackDown: Braun Strowman
SmackDown: Lacey Evans
SmackDown: The Revival
SmackDown: Lucha House Party
SmackDown: Heavy Machinery