WWE - Who is hyped!?
Money in the Bank's upon us. Alexa Bliss can't compete due to medical reasons so Nikki Cross will replace her. Bad news considering how long Bliss has been out of the ring now. Okay, she's had a few minor matches here and there, but basically she's been out of action for months, a very long time. Even at 'Mania she had to just host the show. It'll be sad if she ends up like Paige in the end, hopefully not.
Almost all the titles are on the line, though I don't know if we'll see that many changing hands. Propably Joe's the most propable to lose his.
I'm more eager to see the actual briefcase matches as these always paint an interesting picture of the future in WWE. At men's match I hope Sami would win but I think it'll actually be McIntyre now. With women I feel it's a bit tougher to predict, no clear favourite in my eyes. Though there are four ex-champions and I don't see any of them winning at this point. Meaning someone newer and fresher would do it. I kinda hope Ember Moon would do it, but I think it'll end up being Dana Brooke.
parasitepaladin last edited by
I was at Money and the Bank! A decent show.....but the finish. Oh. Oh no. I am mad.
I am very excited about Bayley though.
Money in the Bank PPV talk and results:
I am stunned and bored out of my mind by the decision to bring back Lesnar again. What a disgusting persona, couldn't he have just stayed at UFC or where ever he has been. My face dropped and seems to stay fucking tired just thinking about this return once again. And straight into the highest level, how else, of course. I mean there are some heels that you kind of enjoy hating, but this man just paints the world grey in WWE.
And the match itself had been really entertaining up until that point! Lots of cool spots, many of them with the ladders. Dear Lord that one moment between Andrade and Balor. I honestly stayed breathless for a number of seconds, it looked so nasty.
I've never exactly "got" Bayley so I thought her winning was a bit of bore. But on the other hand they separated the women's brands & titles in an ok fashion soon after, building up Bayley/Charlotte feud and Becky can concentrate on RAW most likely.
Is it just me, or does Seth's chair gimmick feel really awkward somehow? I mean he's supposed to be a face champion, yet he pummels guys (ok, sure, heels) left and right with a chair all the time now suddenly. I mean, should I cheer...?
Extreme Rules was pretty nice, the show had a bunch good matches. Obviously I liked my man Cesaro showing his skills against Black out there, that was a solid match. The main event was also entertaining (and damn, Lacey's sexy). Corbin hitting Becky with End of Days, lol. Pretty boring with Lesnar again, though, but SummerSlam's coming and he's the Big Four guy around WWE.
I liked SmackDown this week a lot, practically watched the whole show, hasn't happened for a long time. Liv Morgan on TV finally, yeah! And Charlotte, too. Ember Moon's getting a championship match feels fresh, I dig it. And this new angle with Owens is something I really want to see how it evolves.
On RAW Rollins got his rematch against Lesnar in SummerSlam, okay. Bray Wyatt finally arrived with that creepy mask. And Natalya earned a championship match against Becky? Sorry Nattie, but I feel like this'll turn out Triple Threat eventually still. Needs more hype.
A big question, though. Where is Sasha Banks? We haven't seen her since WrestleMania. I really thought she'd return in either of the shows this week for SummerSlam, but no. And same thing with Ronda, essentially, she's been away as long as well.
Axel last edited by
I was hoping that on the heels of his good match at Extreme Rules, Taker would be added to the title picture. Imagine a Fatal-4-Way for the title at SummerSlam between Lesnar, Rollins, Reigns and Taker, the 3 guys with the most history with Lesnar, to settle it once and for all, that would be fun!
Now I just hope Rolling regains the title because I don't want another year of champ Lesnar showing up once every 3 months.
Overall, I still hate the fact that the two rosters are leaking into each other, it's become super confusing, but it looks like with the current Shane/Owens storyline on SD they might end up dialing it down. I'm not getting my hopes up though.
SummerSlam wasn't anything too special. No big surprises and everything kinda went like expected. Well okay, Lesnar's loss was a good thing to happen so quickly now. And luckily Orton didn't become a champion, though that feud's propably not over yet.
I was waiting for Ronda (or maybe Sasha) to return during or after Becky's match and beat her up, but nope. Of course, this Monday has the door open for any returns like that, too. Hearing Edge's theme on the Kick-Off show made me smile, by the way.
Sasha baby! \o/ I'm 100 % in right now, yes! Four months' absence and then a return like this, I love it. Heel Sasha will work wonders, and what a pairing now with Becky. She's of the caliber that'll finally take that red belt from Becky, no way this feud will lead to anywhere else. Good times ahead.
Sentinel Beach last edited by Sentinel Beach
Clash of Champions came and went. The night had its moments, some thoughts follow.
- Women's tag match was pretty good, I liked both the pairs. I did hope it would have been Mandy and Sonya's time now as Alexa and Nikki have been kind of quiet lately, but nope, not yet. The Harley Quinn costume was very nice.
- The Becky vs. Sasha match worked well, it felt like a big match as it should. I was hoping for Sasha to take the title, but the time wasn't now in the end. I was a bit disappointed with the ending, but I think in the long run this'll work better as the feud will get more time and steam to develop. That mustard on the back was nasty, nonetheless.
- Orton didn't win after all, nice! I really thought so, but this is way better. I mean I'm not really that excited about Kofi (anymore), but having Orton as the top dog would have been blaargh. Now we just need some great new contender to win it all.
- LUKE HARPER! The hell is this!? Yes! I mean the man stated in April he'd be leaving WWE entirely, what has happened? What a great moment, Harper's one of my favourites along with Cesaro. And now he returns into a Reigns storyline, into headlights like this. The match itself was pretty nice as well, like suitably rough and tough. I think this is a cool enough change to bring someone like Rowan up front for a while, at least.
- I guess Strowman will never win the top belt. The crowd was even turning on Rollins in the end with their unsatisfied mood towards the outcome. I was actually a little terrified seeing Strowman up on those ropes like he was gonna stumble and fall any moment. I liked the pin attempts when Braun powered Seth off even before one count etc., hehee. Wyatt arrived after everything, looks like he'll head to a title match next. Which I'm fine with.
There was some pretty neat destruction at the end of SmackDown. When Rowan threw that piece of ring protection across the ring it really looked like it landed in the audience. The crowd even made that noise, like oooooooooh, it's coming.
Lesnar's return to SmackDown came as a surprise. Not my first choice to compete with Kofi, but there we have it.
SmackDown moving to FOX and to Friday nights forces WWE to actually split the roster, hence the upcoming draft. I read that there's like some real legal contract reasons that the people can't jump from one show and channel to another one anymore after that October change. So people will be more "locked" into their shows from that point forwards.