WWE - Who is hyped!?
Clash of Champions came and went. The night had its moments, some thoughts follow.
- Women's tag match was pretty good, I liked both the pairs. I did hope it would have been Mandy and Sonya's time now as Alexa and Nikki have been kind of quiet lately, but nope, not yet. The Harley Quinn costume was very nice.
- The Becky vs. Sasha match worked well, it felt like a big match as it should. I was hoping for Sasha to take the title, but the time wasn't now in the end. I was a bit disappointed with the ending, but I think in the long run this'll work better as the feud will get more time and steam to develop. That mustard on the back was nasty, nonetheless.
- Orton didn't win after all, nice! I really thought so, but this is way better. I mean I'm not really that excited about Kofi (anymore), but having Orton as the top dog would have been blaargh. Now we just need some great new contender to win it all.
- LUKE HARPER! The hell is this!? Yes! I mean the man stated in April he'd be leaving WWE entirely, what has happened? What a great moment, Harper's one of my favourites along with Cesaro. And now he returns into a Reigns storyline, into headlights like this. The match itself was pretty nice as well, like suitably rough and tough. I think this is a cool enough change to bring someone like Rowan up front for a while, at least.
- I guess Strowman will never win the top belt. The crowd was even turning on Rollins in the end with their unsatisfied mood towards the outcome. I was actually a little terrified seeing Strowman up on those ropes like he was gonna stumble and fall any moment. I liked the pin attempts when Braun powered Seth off even before one count etc., hehee. Wyatt arrived after everything, looks like he'll head to a title match next. Which I'm fine with.
There was some pretty neat destruction at the end of SmackDown. When Rowan threw that piece of ring protection across the ring it really looked like it landed in the audience. The crowd even made that noise, like oooooooooh, it's coming.
Lesnar's return to SmackDown came as a surprise. Not my first choice to compete with Kofi, but there we have it.
SmackDown moving to FOX and to Friday nights forces WWE to actually split the roster, hence the upcoming draft. I read that there's like some real legal contract reasons that the people can't jump from one show and channel to another one anymore after that October change. So people will be more "locked" into their shows from that point forwards.
Felt weird watching SmackDown at this time of the week, it'll take a few weeks to get used to the new Friday spot after the FOX deal. Next week I believe the draft'll begin and the two shows can start to operate more regularly after that.
Kofi's championship reign ended in a pretty unglorious way, lol. One move wins ftw. But I think no one saw the next thing coming as the UFC past came haunting for Lesnar, what. Cain Velasquez. I mean I was expecting for some sort of "revenge" from Rey, a feud maybe, but this all came out of the blue.
Hell in a Cell results follow. What a weird ending for the night, the main event. I mean the match had a cool premise but they didn't really know what to do with all this. A No DQ match ending in DQ (or something like that)? The Fiend's pretty awesome, but his durability/stamina is maybe even too absurd. I mean how can anyone win him after what we saw now? Rollins stomped him like a dozen times and the monster gets up at one. Got his head bashed in, no impact in the end. He was like made of rubber or something, just absorbed everything. Took more than Cena, Lesnar, Taker or pretty much anyone. The crowd was furious over how the match ended and how Rollins was winning most of the time. I was somehow perplexed by the whole match, trying to piece together the big picture.
Becky vs. Sasha on the other hand was a 10. What a match, really really liked this one. We saw pretty much everything here, nice amount of imagination and props were used. Really flashy and impactful moves like Becky jumping feet first into Sasha on that corner chair, or Sasha hitting that knees over shoulders move on Becky through the table. Too bad Sasha didn't win, though, I'd really have liked to see the match end that way. Are we waiting for Rousey to return or what will be the moment Becky will eventually face the loss?
Charlotte and the Kabuki Warriors winning came out of nowhere somehow. I would've preferred more build-up for both these moments. I guess this could be because of the upcoming draft, they're placing people and titles to the positions they want.
Bayley's transformation, nice. Was never fan of the hugging and all that. Now we got rid of the Bayley Buddies, too. The title change was a surprise but a good one at that, it fit perfectly to the occasion now.
Those backroom moments during the draft, so stupid. :D So WWE, could not have been otherwise executed.
Raw: Becky Lynch
Raw: The O.C.
Raw: Drew McIntyre
Raw: Randy Orton
Raw: Bobby Lashley
Raw: Alexa Bliss
Raw: Kevin Owens
Raw: The Viking Raiders
Raw: Nikki Cross
Raw: The Street Profits
SmackDown: Roman Reigns
SmackDown: "The Fiend" Bray Wyatt
SmackDown: Sasha Banks
SmackDown: Braun Strowman
SmackDown: Lacey Evans
SmackDown: The Revival
SmackDown: Lucha House Party
SmackDown: Heavy Machinery
Raw: Seth Rollins
Raw: Charlotte Flair
Raw: Andrade (with Zelina)
Raw: The Kabuki Warriors
Raw: Aleister Black
Raw: Cedric Alexander
Raw: Humberto Carillo
Raw: Erick Rowan
Raw: Buddy Murphy
Raw: Jinder Mahal
Raw: Samoa Joe
Raw: Akira Tozawa
Raw: Shelton Benjamin
Raw: Rey Mysterio
Raw: Titus O’Neil
Raw: Liv Morgan
SmackDown: Brock Lesnar
SmackDown: The New Day
SmackDown: Daniel Bryan
SmackDown: Shinsuke Nakamura
SmackDown: Dolph Ziggler & Robert Roode
SmackDown: The Miz
SmackDown: King Corbin
SmackDown: Shorty Gable
No spotlight for my man Cesaro. Nor for Mandy and Sonya. That ain't right, WWE. A bunch of other names as well were left behind, they'll propably just be assigned to a show on some online list. :/
Big heel names at the moment Sasha and Bayley are both in the blue brand. I hope they won't pit these two against each other any time soon, as that would most likely mean one of them turning into a face and I much prefer the current situation of these two women. When it comes to the men Lesnar will come face to face with the likes of Reigns, Bryan, Strowman and Wyatt in the near future, it seems.
parasitepaladin last edited by
WWE sure is not so good recently.
Crown Jewel was pure filler as expected. I went skipping basically through the whole show. The only "whoa" moment was Wyatt winning in the end which means both the big belts are now in SmackDown.