WWE - Who is hyped!?

• @Axel
    Yeah I agree with the brand split. It gets so borring when it's the same wrestlers over and over again. With the brandsplit, Smackdown is going to feel fresh, and worth watching.
    You also get those moments, in let's say the Royal Rumble, where suddenly a RAW star and a Smackdown star goes toe to toe. That is hype!
    This Brand split could be so good for WWE. Sure they can also totally blow it, but hey, this is Easy Allies! So i'm going to stay positive.

@Sentinel-Beach
    I think they are going to go with two world titles. If they truly are going to tell separate stories and have their own brand specific network specials, then they will need a world title on Smackdown.
    And in line with the new era, it would make sense to have Rollins and Reigns headline each PPV. They could also very well want to continue the feud, and keep them on the same brand, but I still don't think we will get a clean win tonight.

• When did you start watching?

• Around 15 years ago

Who is your all time favorite?

• Dead man Undertaker
    • The Rock
    • Eddie Guerrero

Favorite match of all time?

Its hard to remeber because its been so long. I think it was the royal rumble with Brock lesnar

And current hero?

Sorry don't watch it anymore

Favorite WWE game?

Here comes the pain & smack down vs raw 2006

• Money in the Bank Dean Ambrose wins and cashes it in after Roman Reigns beats Seth Rollins or during the match. Roman Reigns still triumphs.
    AJ Styles V John Cena
    Winner Aj Styles w interference by Finn Balor
    Kurt Angle is the 7th contestant in MITB

Lets go crazy here Goldberg is the 7th contestant in MITB and wins.

• Who's watching Money in the bank right now

• This post is deleted!

• Money In The Bank!!

So I only got 4 predictions correct, so WWE deffinatly caught me by suprise!

The 4 big matches delivered.

Cena vs. Styles was so good. The finish was kinda mehh, but the actual match was incredible.

And that main event!
    I don't know how the forum feels about spoilers. In my opinion you shouldn't go on a wwe thread, if your not caught up, but just in case, i'm going to use some spoiler tags.

First of, we get Rollins pinning Reigns clean!! Holy S***. My first thought was: Sure, then on RAW they are going to claim Reigns was concussed when he ran through the barricade. But then we get Dean fucking Ambrose! I thought we would get a tease of him cashing in, not him ending up the champ! So much Hype!

• @MonsTruz I would say no to spoiler tags, meaning just what you mentioned: just don't come here unless you're caught up with the latest. Plus, I think this thread is pretty much for the enthusiastic ones who know when and what is happening and know to stay away until they're ok.

My biggest question at the moment after MITB: what's the deal with Battlegrounds? I mean an all-Shield Triple Threat match is kinda no-brainer next, but that's SummerSlam material! Are they going to skip the next PPV when it comes to the main belt?

• @Sentinel-Beach
    Yeah you are probably right in term of spoilers. If there is a leak, that a certain wrestler is returning, or have been spotted or something. That's probably needs spoiler tags though.

You know, I really wanna see the triple threat, but as you say that's summerslam material, or even mania material. Since the shield debuted, they have been featured heavily, and a show down match between them should be headlining a wrestlemania in my opinion. It seems so wasted on a battleground ppv.
    And if they really want to cement a new era, they can't have any part timers in the mania main even. So a triple threat match between the shield members, would be a beautiful main event.

There is also the draft to take into consideration. They have just confirmed that it will take place on the first live smackdown, which is the go home show to Battlegrounds. That also seems very weird.

Maybe the main event will be some sort of multi man battle royal type of match, to celebrate the last ppv before the brand split, or something like that.

Around 2002/3, at the very end of the Attitude era

Triple H (heel)
    Rick Flair
    Shawn Michaels
    The Ultimate Warrior
    Macho Man Randy Savage
    Chris Benoit (I know....)

Triple H vs Shawn Michaels , kickstarted Michaels's second run in a WWE
    HHH vs Cactus Jack, THUMBTACKS
    Shawn Michaels vs The Undertaker, both of the Wrestlemania matches are 10/10

And current hero?
    Current state of wrestling is absolutely terrible. Inconsistent characters, WAY too much emphasis on the matches (instead of characters). As Jim Cornette has stated multiple times, werstling is, and has been dead for a long time. It's named "sports entertainment" and it shows. But if I need to choose someone (don't watch very much anymore) I'd say Bray Wyatt, just because he has CHARACTER.

And the best wrestling game is obviously "Here comes the pain"

• So Battlegrounds just got a whole lot more interesting!

Roman Reigns, the golden boy, the guy, suspended for 30 days do to his first wellness policy violation.
    Technically he could still work the PPV, but how would that story play out?
    Now there is no word on what he was suspended for, but I can't imagine he is to popular with Vince right now. Sure, he is still going to be a top star, but I don't think he will get the belt back again in the month to come. That is exciting enough in itself.

A main event at Battleground between Rollins and Ambrose for the WWE title, has a nice ring to it!

• I was just thinking the same. The time frame does make it possible for him to be in that Battlegrounds match, but it would be super weird. A month's absence, and then he'd just appear there suddenly anyway?

This will be now really interesting to follow. Both story-wise and behind the scenes.

• Yeah, I believe WWE has a little bit of room in their wellness agreement, so it is possible that they knew before Money In The Bank, and that's why they took the belt from him. If that is the case, then RAW doesn't make much sense to me, then they should just have had Rollins win again.
    I can't imagine how they could put Reigns back in the match, but it is wrestling right, so we probably can't count on logical thinking ;)

• Golden Truth are pretty cool guys :P

Pretty surprised about the Roman situation.

Born 85' Started watching around 89 or 90 through to 2003 ish.. fell off, then just a few weeks before the CM Punk pipe bomb in Vegas 2011 I started watching again, and been hooked since. Playing dream booking. Filling out PPV scorecards. Being in a WWE fantasy league. When they come to Brooklyn I'm a social media correspondent for the arena. (Basically I'm knowledgeable about the product so I get good seats and tweet for them)

CM Punk (He brought me back in, and created a new way for me to look at wrestling. To look at the business of it)
    Shawn Michaels (I used to hate him cuz I was a bigger Bret Hart fan, but as time has passed I've seen Shawn to be a bit better)
    Bret Hart
    Macho Man
    (A lot of good talent on roster now like Seth, but to soon to give them an all time favorite spot)

Shawn Michaels vs The Undertaker Wrestlemania 25
    CM Punk vs John Cena Money in the Bank 2011
    Bayley vs Sasha Banks NXT Brooklyn (Best Live Match I've Ever Seen)
    Ospreay vs Ricochet (Very modern but I think we'll look at it some day like Savage vs Steamboat WM3)

And current hero?
    I gotta give it to Becky Lynch (I look for the underdogs) Dean Ambrose as well, he has fun

And the best wrestling game - I've played a lot of No Mercy and Here Comes The Pain, but honestly the current WWE 2K16 is the best simulation to date. I've also had a bunch of fun with WWE All-Stars

PS: I blog about wrestling. It's mostly a lot of gifs and pictures from old WWF magazines. And is just really meant to keep my mind active by writing about something.

• Formalities:
    When did you start watching? I don't exactly watch. I got into the idea of wrestling in 2000 through one of the video games and I've kept up with what's going on via forums and the occasional download of a particularly good show. I have tried watching for periods, but nahhhhh.
    Who is your all time favorite? Jeff Hardy. I still believe that he could have been one of the biggest stars ever if he didn't have so many "issues"
    Favorite match of all time? TLC 2 at WM17.
    And current hero? Sami Zayn or Seth Rollins.

The Roman Reigns suspension is probably the best thing that could have ever happened to the people who want him to turn heel. He's probably just going to show up at Battleground and be in the title match anyway, and with the crowd firmly behind Ambrose and even Seth being favoured ahead of him it could unintentionally make him the biggest villain in the company if he just ends up winning regardless.

That being said, history shows that they don't exactly care what the masses want when it comes to Roman so maybe we should be expecting a dominating win followed by The Rock raising his hand and confetti falling from the sky :P

• I should probably make a proper post.

When did you start watching?
    Have a hard time remembering exactly, but I wanna say 1999. After 2003, I fell off from it only to get back in around 2006. And then again in 2011ish, only to get back this past Royal Rumble. Though this time around I was keeping tabs.

Who is your all time favourite?
    I would say Bret "The Hitman" Hart. Guess it's the Canadian in me.

Favourite match of all time?
    Bret Hart vs. Steve Austin at Wrestlemania 13.

And current hero?
    I have a few actually: Samoa Joe, Kevin Owens, Sami Zayn, Cesaro, Shinsuke Nakamura.

Getting into it during the Attitude Era was something, it captivated me. It was thrilling, and entertaining. Around 2006, when I got back into it, I also started watching a TON of TNA. Dropped it in 2009ish when I felt like their product started to decline in quality. These days I'm still a WWE fan, and love NXT. I have also been dabbling in NJPW, and a bit of the indie scene.

• @Mr-M
    Yeah there is defiantly still a chance Reign could be in match at Battlegrounds. But they have to just let him be heel right? He will never get the split reaction that Cena gets, it just isnt happening.

• @MonsTruz Well that's the hope... But the past 2 years and Seth's return have sort of proved that the WWE is doing whatever they can to tell (not show) the fans that they simply must accept Reigns on top as the face. It's definitely an interesting scenario now where they seem to recognise Ambrose and even Zayn as incredibly good in the face roles that they want Roman to emulate, but if we were to relate a John Cena heel turn to Half Life 3, then a significant Reigns heel turn would be a Final Fantasy 7 Remake. That analogy has layers ;)

• @Mr-M You know.. there is still a little part of me that thinks the Cena turn could happen. I know it won't, but when he was in the ring with Styles and Gallows and Anderson was approaching, looking all menacing like. I had the thought "what if Cena just destroys AJ right now".

But yeah, i'm so excited to see what role Reigns will play when he returns.

• Global Moderator

When did you start watching? Late 80's and Early 90's
    Who is your all time favorite? Brett Heart the best there is the best there ever was and the best there is ever will be
    Favorite match of all time? The Iron Man match between Brett and Shawn great story behind it and it was never done before a1 hour long match talk about going the distance
    And current hero? At the current moment its Kevin Owens he is the guy even before arriving at WWE, kicking ass and taking names. He made a huge debut by beating the face of the company and it all went up from there for him. Plus the guy can not only wrestle but entertain as well I love when he messes with Cole or Byron at the commentators table.