WWE - Who is hyped!?

• Yes, RAW was really entertaining, and so far the draft has had exactly the effects I was hoping for, it's giving underused wrestlers a second chance, even if only as jobbers. It might sound paradoxal but somehow the reduced roster increases match variety, because at least we only see each guy once a week, and there are no more RAW rematches on SD or vice-versa. And we didn't see Neville this week for example, so there's still room for turnover.

I think it's a small step down for Reigns, but as long as he wasn't going to be in the Heavyweight title picture, he had to be somewhere else, and that's still the second highest spot on the RAW card. I can imagine he's both being slightly punished for his wellness infraction, and maybe they're finally realising that fans don't want this guy at the top. Actually it's funny, because Reigns-Rusev was what everyone would have preferred two years ago at Wrestlemania, during Rusev's first run. Now we're getting it, should be an entertaining match, but if Reigns wins in 10 minutes with a simple spear, it won't help his cause much...

Now I want to talk about Smackdown too, so stop reading if you haven't watched it yet! I don't understand how to use spoiler tags, please help :)

First, the opening promo between Ambrose and Ziggler was amazing, so intense! The best promos are always the ones that hit close to home, that have a foot in reality, and this one was perfect in that sense. And Ziggler wsa good! I honestly think it's his best promo yet, can't remember one when he felt so genuine and passionate. As for the main event, I have to admit I was really afraid for a second that they'd have Wyatt win, but the way everything played out was perfect. NOW Ziggler feels like a freaking legit n°1 contender. This was great wrestling writing, I don't know if they replaced the entire team or if Vince finally let them loose, but damn, I want more of this!

• I agree, Ziggler looked really good on Smackdown this week. That opening segment felt right, and I'm glad he made it at the match itself.

...even if I did root for Wyatt last week. And there's still a sort of Triple Threat possibility hanging in the air, I think. I mean, who else is Bray gonna fight in SummerSlam? Only two weeks left to build up a match.

• Cena and Styles also had a nice exchange! Whenever Cena is focused and not just making jokes it always golden.

I agree with you guys about Ziggler. It nice seeing him get an edge to his character.

Also, on the post show, Bryan apparently confirmed that they are working on a new women's title for smackdown

• @MonsTruz said in WWE - Who is hyped!?:

Also, on the post show, Bryan apparently confirmed that they are working on a new women's title for smackdown

Oh no :( Given the roster it won't have much value...

• @MonsTruz Also, on the post show, Bryan apparently confirmed that they are working on a new women's title for smackdown

Another title for the women on Smackdown does make sense in kayfabe. If a second title leads to a unification match between Bayley and Sasha I'm in.

• @Axel Well sure not right now, but think about this. If WWE is really committed to the brand split, and they see it going on for years to come. Then they need that title.

Let's look at the womens side of Smackdown:

• Becky Lynch:
      She is awesome, I really like her, and should be the obviously title holder.

• Natalya
      She can be good in the ring, but unfortunately she is not good on the mic. It also looks like she is just using Charlotte's gimmick now, and that feels weird.

• Carmella
      Her gimmick sucks, and I really don't like her. She is not good enough to pull it of, she is really no Enzo Amore. She has charisma, so there is still hope for her.

• Alexa Bliss
      She could be an okay heel.

• Eva Marie
      I don't ever wanna see her wrestle again. She gets good go away heat though.

• Naomi
      yeah..

Sure, this look really thin, but what if you suddenly have Bayley, Asuka and Emma on the roster? Now it suddenly looks exciting!
    As it stands right now, the Smackdown roster looks really thin, but if WWE is committed, they can easily make it viable. RAW only has one more female wrestler, so if you add a couple more top tier women to Smackdown, it's just as good (or even better, if the above mentioned women was on Smackdown) as the RAW's side in my opinion.

• I'm still very much in the camp of the idea that one Women's title would elevate it more. I think it's a testament to wwe's shortsightedness that we have a brand split a year after injuries to only a few key players completely destroyed the main event scene. The fact that they have two women's rosters that could keep themselves afloat is true, but why would you pass up the opportunity at having a strong self promoting engine to scatter it so? Being the best out of a whole division sounds a lot better to me than being the best out of the 5 people on the brand who are worth anything.

• @Mr-M Yeah that's also how I feel, I would much have preferred to keep one title and defend it on both brands. But I guess if they have more call-ups, and returns like Nikki and Emma, they could eventually end up with two decent divisions. You'll never know who THE best is, if there's two champions.

I know you could say the same about men in this case, but it's more understandable given the size of the rosters. Oh well, we'll see how it goes!

• @Mr-M
    I theory I agree with you, however, when I look at WWE i'm not so sure. Before the brand split, they only really had one feud going. It was Charlotte and her opponent of the month (I know, did a little thing with Becky and Nat just before the split). So even though WWE had all the women on the same rooster, they didn't really use that for anything.
    Now we have:

Raw:
    Charlotte vs. Becky
    Nia Jax squashing jobbers

Smackdown:
    Natalya vs. Carmella
    Eva Marie vs. Becky Lynch.

So in that regards, the women are getting more opportunities to shine.

You can't be against the brand split, but the as of right now, it's the future. And in that future the Smackdown women, needs a title to fight over. The alternatives, would be either:
    The champ is on both brands, which would overexpose her, or at the mixed PPV's, the number 1 contender from Smackdown, would get a title shot. I don't like that either, cause then what are they going to do in the meantime, it can't be a 3 months feud over a number 1 contender slot.

Smackdown was always they brand that created the stars. Can they still do that? I don't know, but now, at least more female wrestlers get's that opportunity, and don't forget the Smackdown head writer used to be head writer of NXT.

• Have you guys watched CWC? That Gargano/Ciampa match was really good last time, I only wished the winner would have been different. And on that same night Gallagher/Aichner had a great feeling in it as well. Other than that, out of the four first episodes I remember the second one having maybe the best matches on top of these two mentioned.

It's just a bit of a bummer that they now slow down their pace on the show: only two matches next time instead of four. Well, here's hoping they'll be a bit longer, more complex and more exciting, still.

• @Sentinel-Beach Man, those two CWC matches were something else. I've never seen a Gallagher match before, and inmediately became one of my favorites, so smooth in the ring.

• The CWC has been really good! The presentation, the announce team, the matches. Everything have been executed to perfection!

• Global Moderator

I watched the last round of the first round today of the CWC. Johnny and Tomaso tore the roof off of the place.

• So how about that RAW? It felt slightly weaker than the past two weeks, but still pretty good!

• I like that midcard feuds are being treated seriously, like Darren Young - Titus O'Neil.
    • I like the dynamic between Enzo, Jericho and Owens.
    • I like that Cesaro is being praised by everyone on the show, got to wrestle twice, got the biggest pop of the night, and is inevitably going to end up on top sooner or later.
    • I like the beard on Neville!
    • I like that Gallows and Anderson are getting more personality, the ringpostitis segment was genuinely entertaining.
    • I like that some guys don't appear every week, we didn't see Sami Zayn, it will make it more exciting when we see him again next week.

But it wasn't perfect.

• Nothing significant happened, it felt like the show just before SummerSlam, but there's still one more to go.
    • A bit too many non-wrestling segments (Puff Daddy, Golden Truth and Scooby Doo...)
    • Sin Cara looked really shaky.
    • Apart from the two Cesaro matches, not a lot of great in-ring action.

• I'm keeping my fingers crossed for Cesaro, it denifitely seems like they're planning something bigger for the man now. It was great to see him get a match twice on RAW, and they were both good. Really liked how they finished the main event, I mean it all felt so unfair now, so a prize is awaiting at some point, I gotta believe.

And that Springboard Corkscrew always makes me go YEAH! It's just such a pretty move. :)

• Global Moderator

That Ibushi vs Cedrick match on CWC was nuts!!!

• @Swordfish00830 It was! Really, really good. I kinda laughed out loud a couple of times out of disbelieve. You know what I mean? That athleticism with both of them, wow.

• I'm 3 weeks behind on CWC, can't wait to binge it all this weekend!

• According to WWE.com, both Alberto Del Rio and Paige have been suspended "for 30 days effective Thursday, Aug. 18, for their first violation of the company’s talent wellness policy".

They're a couple in real life, apparently.

• Whatever happened to paige. Her start was so promising. Apparently a lot of heat on her for dating del rio