WWE - Who is hyped!?

• Eva Marie is also suspended.. it must have been a hell of a party!

• Does anyone else have Bobby Roode's NXT theme stuck in their head?

I've been listening to it on loop at work for the past 3 days. I need professional help :/

• @Axel said in WWE - Who is hyped!?:

Bobby Roode

Bobby Roode? Surely you're talking about Bobby Roooooooooooooooooo!

• @Mr-M I don't know? I didn't know him before, I think he was in TNA or something, no?

• @Axel That was a reference to Botchamania. It was a recurring thing where throughout his entire 10+ year tenure in TNA no announcer ever actually put the "-de" on the end of "Roode", and the announcers in NXT have continued this tradition as a bit of a rib :P

• @Mr-M Haha ok, I didn't notice it happened on NXT, I'll pay attention next time! ;)

• Global Moderator

@Axel GLORIOUS!

• Let talk Summerslam! The slam of the summer.

I’ve just watch NXT takeover, and that was glorious.
    But tonight, it’s time for the real deal. Balor and the boys are going to Brooklyn.

I’m gonna try and predict the outcome.

• Brock Lesnar vs Randy Orton
      It’s gotta be Lesnar right? They could be punishing him for the anti-doping violation, but at this point, do they even care? It doesn’t seem like the fans do. I think the beast will prevail.

• Finn Balor vs. Seth Rollins for the WWE Universal Championship
      So, at first I assumed Rollins would get the title, but can Balor really loose his first main roster appearance as The Demon (King)? At least I don’t think he will loose clean. There might be an interference or something, but in the end I think Balor takes a clean win, and hopefully they and Summerslam with the making of a new star.

• Dean Ambrose vs. Dolph Ziggler for the WWE Championship
      This one should be pretty simple, Ambrose wins, and Ziggler turns heel in the progress.

• Sasha Banks vs. Charlotte for the WWE Women’s Championship
      Again, this seems pretty straightforward. I really don’t think they will take the belt of Banks just yet. She has got to retain.

• John Cena vs. AJ Styles
      The two veterans might just steal the show! Their first match was excellent, so I assume this will be too. Only this time, we will probably get a clean finish. Now normally, Cena would probably be the best bet, but he really really doesn’t not need that victory. AJ Styles however, really has potential to be the top heel on Smackdown, so I hope they give him the victory, and then at Survivor Series, he takes the title from Ambrose.

• Rusev vs. Roman Reigns for the U.S. Championship
      This feud is just starting, so I’m going with Rusev in this one. For me the only exciting thing about this match, is to hear what kind of reaction Roman gets.

• New Day vs. Luke Gallows and Karl Anderson for the WWE Tag Team Championship
      This one is though. If they wan’t to break up the New Day, so that Big E can get a big singles push, having Woods and Kingston loose, would be a way to create some tension in the group. On the other hand, they are just so darn entertaining together.
      When they finally break apart, it should be out of the blue, so I don’t think the time is right just yet. I think New day keeps the titles.

• The Miz vs. Apollo Crews for the Intercontinental Championship
      The Miz is so perfect as the IC champion, and Crews has been getting zero hype, so I think Miz cheats his way to a victory.

• Enzo Amore and Big Cass vs. Kevin Owens and Chris Jericho
      Enzo and Cass is probably gonna pick up the victory, but I do wanna see Owens and Jericho continue their partnership, cause they are pure gold!

The rest I believe is pre show matches? So I’m not gonna be watching those, so I really don’t care who wins.

• From the Kickoff Matches I do care about my man Cesaro's match against Sheamus. Alright, it's the first in the best-of-seven, and they could easily give this to the Irishman after Cesaro has scored (non-important) wins on Raw, but still. I'm wondering if the winner of this series really gets a title match at some point, or what is the point here otherwise. Well, it's gonna be at least a month till we know. Cesaro push!

I honestly don't have any favorites or even opinions on a lot of matches in the card this night. All I hope is that I'd see a lot of entertaining matches with surprising results.

I wonder if Bray Wyatt still plays a role in the WWE Championship picture. If I had to bet then I'd say he shows up at some point during that Ambrose/Ziggler fight. To do what or to disturb which one, I'm not sure.

And after Sasha propably beats Charlotte we'll see Nia Jax suddenly running into the ring where she beats up Sasha real bad. Or do they save that for Raw? In any case she's likely to be the next contender after her run of beatdowns this month.

• Global Moderator

I'm going to have to rewatch the whole thing again. I think the network has been lagging pretty bad tonight.

• Just looking at the card and realising there isn't a single uninteresting match, they all have proper stakes with a proper buildup, what a long way we've come in a couple months! :)

As for NXT Takeover, we saw some great things, right??

• The GLORIOUS debut, that guy has so much presence, I can really see him as the new JBL for example. His finisher is a bit lacking though, and I felt like 80% of the match he was on the receiving end, I hope he'll have more to show in the future. Cien was impressive actually, he's just unlucky to always be fighting "heels" who are actually loved by the crowd...

• Ember Moon! I loved her entrance outfit, I felt like she should have kept the ninja mask it looks so badass. She's got some very impressive moves, she could be big. But Billie Kay also had a great showing, she's a good heel!

• Asuka vs Bayley, another very intense match. The only problem now is Asuka has no credible contenders, all the other women on the rosters feel like rookies.

• The tag team match! I didn't think I would fall in love with a team so soon after American Alpha, but Gargano and Ciampa are sooo good! Plus the tension between the two after their legendary CWC match, I'm really into them! And The Revival are great heels too, less flashy but they do a great job frustrating us by beating all the fan favourites.

• Nakamura vs Joe: It was a great match, but I somehow feel like that win came too soon for Nakamura, I think if Joe had managed to defend once by cheating, and Nakamura won on his second attempt, it would have felt even more satisfying. But wow, that entrance! The intensity of the moves (I actually think Joe got his jaw broken by the first kinshasa, there was a rumour yesterday). I hope Joe stays in NXT for a few more months at least, he's so good right now, the main roster can wait.

• @Axel did you notice the announcer's "Rooooooooooo" during the entrance? The whole crowd joined in this time around too hahah my god it was... Glorious... :P

Just watching Takeover and Summerslam now - I know the Summerslam results but not the Takeover ones so should be interesting considering the only things that have kept me up to date in the past month or so are this thread and botchamania.

• @Mr-M Oh ok don't read my post if you don't know the Takeover results then :P Yup I noticed the "Rooooooooo", it was cool! And the whole crowd singing, it's amazing, I don't know how long that can last but I've rarely seen someone get over so fast, before they even debut. Maybe Fandango? ;)

• @Axel Yeah haha I only saw that yo'd posted after the show was finished so I assumed you watched it - I'm in his match right now, still wondering why they'd put Almas in a situation where everyone is going to be watching for the other guy and not bother to hype his side of it at all but maybe he pulls some attention in the match.

Ohhhhhh man Fandango hitting the UK charts after his WM match was ridiculous (it was seriously close to being played on the top 20 countdown that week) but he's technically disqualified since he got popular after the match ;)

• NXT, you are amazing.

• SummerSlam, I don't know, man. I didn't really ever get the feeling this time. A lot of the matches felt meaningless. Sasha/Charlotte was propably the best, though. That one hooked me in. And its ending was honestly kind of a shocker, I was not expecting it to turn that way again.

• @Sentinel-Beach I liked Summerslam when I watched it like 30 minutes ago while skipping the promos and Ambrose/Ziggler along with Rusev/Roman and that womens 6 man... But yeah Sasha v Charlotte was good, AJ/Cena was really good but should have been better (hopefully leaving a bit in the tank for a WM match) and outside that there weren't any great standout things. I'm always a fan of Orton getting his head beaten in so that was nice too heheh.

WWE mainstream shows really suffer from having to follow the heat that NXT brings to their specials. They're almost never going to be able to upstage stuff like Ember and Roode showing up and being better than half a division within one match. When you have Shinsuke being the most badass guy on the planet and then the next night you see Demon Balor you subconsciously end up judging them (and Swagsuke > Sexy Finn every day of the week :P )

• Global Moderator

I felt a bit exhausted while watching Summerslam. Maybe too much during the 3 hours excluding the pre-show.

• I loved Styles vs. Cena!
    There is a lot of new kids on the block, but in my mind the two veterans stole the show!

The main event was weird.. Sure Brock looked really badass, but I hope they are not teasing a match with Shane!?

@Sentinel-Beach That ending was really clever! I defiantly did not see the match ending there.

I liked the show a lot, but it felt really long.

• Global Moderator

I am going to Monday RAW Live next week in my town. They are crowning the 2nd Universal title champ out of who ever wins that fatal four way. Oh man what a main event!