Microsoft E3 2016 Conference Discussion Thread /9:30 AM Pacific

• So far, not impressed. It's the usual Microsoft flowchart and political level spin doctoring.

And now they've basically convinced me there's no reason to own the console at all cause you can just play everything on PC.

EDIT- FFXV first look on it's non-native console when PS4 has had two demos.

Division DLC, yeah....you can have that first, people aren't rushing out the door for division content anymore.

BF1, same trailer, you get to play it 5 days ahead of early enlister edition buyers (Yeah way to screw over people who spent $80) and nothing else exclusive. Plus you need XBL AND EA Access.

XBL LFG- Don't most games have matchmaking already?

Indie game montage- games that are mostly already on steam, and are also going to PSN.

• Will get that Xbox for that price probably, very reasonable.

alt text

• @Hoken @ZyloWolfBane Yeah, I think Microsoft is realising that it's all about the entry price. If you want an easy entry into the gaming world, you shell out 299 USD. If you want a gaming PC, you will probably shell out at least twice that much.

With crossplay, this might become an advantage for Microsoft. Might ;)

• NOOOOOOOOOO. Why did they mention FIFA??? Just why??

• @marcel said in Microsoft E3 2016 Conference Discussion Thread /9:30 AM Pacific:

NOOOOOOOOOO. Why did they mention FIFA??? Just why??

What's funnier is they make it a selling point for the XBL Arena, didn't EA themselves announce a new platform THEY were doing specifically for tournaments and events?

• @ZyloWolfBane They might integrate somehow :)

BTW, what does everyone think of the 79.99+ USD custom controllers?

Xbox Design Lab

• @marcel Cringe, that's what I think. They couldn't scam enough people into buying elites so they did this instead. Just gimme the plain black with textured grips and a decent price.

• We Happy Few looks really cool. Definite BioShock vibes from it.

• In the end, all I can take away from that conference is that I just need to buy a GTX 1080.

• I"m very happy with being able to buy one game for two platforms.

Being a parent where my xbox is on my main TV, I can still have the kids play a game or watch a show they want to, and I can play on my PC.

I know Brad was down on it, and it seems a lot of people I've talked to don't see the point, but Kudos to Microsoft for letting me buy one game and play on two platforms. I won't have to buy a game like Overwatch twice in order to play on two different systems.

• @MechaMessiah it's a niche feature, but cool that it's there.

• @MechaMessiah It makes sense for some people sure, but it's just not as big of a selling point as they're making it out to be. if you're an average game enthusiast or even a twitch streamer that has a decent PC you simply have no reason to own an XB1 anymore.

Whatever you can't play on XB1 you can play on PS4 or this new Windows 10 platform.

• Good conference but xbox one s and scorpio are pointless to me without exclusives. why buy xbox one s if I know scorpios coming. why spend money on scorpio if I can spend that money on my PC and still play the same games and more.

• @Alucard Exactly. Probably going for a companion-machine thing, but doubt it will pay off well.

• Solid conference, but I wasn't really excited for a lot of what they showed. Most interesting one there was Sea of Thieves.

• Solid 4/5 star conference. The pacing was good. The minecraft thing was a little dragged out, but it's a big hitter so it's understandable. The repetition of stuff was also a little weird. The two demos weren't really a good representation of the games either. So because of that it lost half a star. Also no big suprises so that's another half star.

• Global Moderator

I think I enjoyed this conference as much as the Bethesda one to be honest. 3 to 3 1/2 stars would be the most I'd give it.

We Happy Few and Sea of Thieves looked great, Forza looked fun too even though I won't play it.

The odd thing about this one is it doesn't feel like Xbox are targeting the 'gamer' that much anymore. I think most people who play a lot of games will just get a PC.

• Very good conference. Probably the best Microsoft one i can remember recently. Much more hype than Bethesda and EA

• Sea of Thieves looks really good. I wonder how the mechanics will work but hopefully its just mindless fun :)

• The conference itself was directed really well, 5/5. Edit: gotta bump it down to 4/5 after that whopper of a PlayStation conference!

As for the content, it's all just too dudebro and the same franchises for me. Sea of Thieves and Inside are the only games that stuck, 3/5.