Sony Playstation E3 2016 Press Conference Discussion Thread

• Death Stranding & Resident Evil 7 already made it the best conference, but the demo of Horizon, Spiderman, God of War, and even COD made the conference so much better! I hope other companies take a look at what Sony did and allow the games to speak for themselves.

• To me this conference was more of the best parts of 2015's conference. It had some awesome games and great style. It felt very different from any other press conference that happened at this E3.

I'm not really concerned that there was no Ni no Kuni 2 or Persona 5. For one, they're known already and there are other events like PSX or TGS that can accommodate them. Yes, you could argue that you wouldn't need FF XV or Lego Star Wars for the same reasons, go figure.

I absolutely loved the orchestra, it added an entire different level of emotion to this show.

The tone of the conference also felt good in the sense that Sony didn't talk down to gamers. We weren't told that we are shown something awesome. Games were either not introduced at all before they were shown or they were very humble about it and talked about what they want to achieve, hoping we agree with them.

So to me this was a 5* event, add another star for watching the Easy Allies stream.

• Was an amazing conference, although I'm definitely a sucker for live orchestral performances. I wouldn't have minded if they'd had a bit more talking during the conference. Maybe somewhere between Sony and Microsoft's conferences lies the perfect sweet spot for me. However, I'd prefer more videos and less talking than the trainwreck that was the EA conference.

Looking forward to God of War, Horizon, and the swath of JRPG goodness incoming!
    5/5

• @Sentinel-Beach said in Sony Playstation E3 2016 Press Conference Discussion Thread:

Kratos is Teal'c! You can't unhear it now. Mind blown.
    http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2016-06-15-kratos-is-now-played-by-stargate-sg-1s-christopher-judge

I definitely could not get it out of my mind how familiar his voice sounded. So happy he is in this! One of my favorites from SG-1

• 10/10 - edit: I mean, 5 Stars :smile:

God of War is probably my game of show, even after watching 6 hours of Zelda streams yesterday. SO blown away.

• So I have a theory on the new God of War so the Kratos you play as is the same from the past games so what if he killed a possible Kratos version of this new pantheon? He talks to his kid like he doesn't know much about how he was raised I know it's been said that it is his son but they could be talking about a different Kratos.

• 3.9 stars = 7.8/10

Just kidding. 10/10 conference

• I really enjoyed Sony's presentation. Game Game Game Game Game Game Game Game Game. All killer, even the crash announcement which i know the allies were luke warm on i felt was a big deal, for Activision to allow it is a giant leap forward.

exciting times.

• I don't think I have ever watched a conference as much as I watched Sony e3 2016. I'm on my 8th replay.