Final Fantasy XV delayed

• @tokeeffe9 I'm inclined to believe this rumor with or without the Neo, but that looks like the fakest leaked material I've ever seen.
    It could very well be real, but it looks real real fake.

• I want the delay to be true so damiani can win the last guardian vs FF15 bet but i really want to play FF15 in September because there are no games that interest me in that month

• @A7X458 Could you remind me about that bet?

• Which game will come out first FFXV or TLG. Damiani said FFXV will come out first and Bosman chose TLG. If Damiani wins, Bosman needs to have a mug of milk tea with boba. If Bosman wins Damiani needs to have milk in his mug. https://youtu.be/mC5q46tyidk?t=36m

• DON'T YOU FUCKING DARE SQUARE!!!!!

give me the greatest birthday gift ever you sacks of shit!!!!

• I'll know for sure today, if it's really about to be announced soon there's going to be marketing kit changes at retail stores. I know a few people.

As for the actual delay, works for me. If it released in september I wouldn't buy it, too many other high priority games I'd rather take a chance on. Whereas in November everything that's highly anticipated isn't on my radar like Dishonored 2 which leaves my window open to possibilities if they actually fix what I found to be wrong about FFXV like the frame rate and highly unresponsive combat.

• That release date might be a rumored date for the update for playstation neo version of final fantasy xv.

• @MSBilal said in [RUMOUR] Final Fantasy XV delayed:

That release date might be a rumored date for the update for playstation neo version of final fantasy xv.

That wouldn't make sense. Part of the rumors going on include marketing kits being altered to show a new date, they wouldn't be advertising a date for an announcement on a version that won't be out this year.

• How much time do I have to beat Persona 4?! I come into this FF15 thread and see talk of P5? I may have to buy a Vita and P4G used this weekend if I'm that short on time.

• This game is going to fail miserably I think. I hope it doesn't for final fantasy sake. But pissing everyone off with delays is a sure fire way to already get their mind made up before they even play it.

Also it doesn't seem all that good anyway. Played episode duscae. The combat is nothing. Which means it will rely on the story and characters. Characters were.. Okay. It better have a dam good story.
    I'm estimating another final fantasy 13,
    Im estimating a 7/10

• ^^ I haven't seen it but I heard there are videos of people playing that Platinum Demo so smoothly that it looked like a pure action game. If that is the case than these players are either God-tier nerds or maybe there is more to the combat than we think.

I played the demo and it felt janky. Like looking up to find a glowing section to teleport to felt so clunky to me.

• @Haru17 Good point. Also, great profile picture. Love Code Geass!

• Confirmed by Square Enix just now. Don't mind me i'm just looking at this trainwreck.

• Here is the announcement

Youtube Video

• @Stephleref said in Final Fantasy XV delayed:

Confirmed by Square Enix just now. Don't mind me i'm just looking at this trainwreck.

The delay is precisely to prevent a trainwreck.
    While I do think that the game has suffered from too many managerial problems over the course of the development of it, I don't think this will be another Duke Nukem Forver story.

Confirmed by Square Enix just now. Don't mind me i'm just looking at this trainwreck.

I think it's a step in the right direction, even for me not even really being interested in the game. If they can polish it to a level that I can consider near perfect on console I might be convinced to buy it.

And by THAT time of the year I have nothing on my release window besides Pokemon Sun/Moon, so I'll be able to play it without neglecting anything.

It's honestly really good news.

If they had released it next month and it had the same issues people knew it had at E3 it would've destroyed this game on the first day when all the gaming publications start confirming everyone's fears.

• @suplextrain said in Final Fantasy XV delayed:

@Stephleref said in Final Fantasy XV delayed:

While I do think that the game has suffered from too many managerial problems over the course of the development of it, I don't think this will be another Duke Nukem Forver story.

No this is Square once again proving to be another Peter Molyneux,that they are a shadow of the company they once was,that their ability to hype and announce stuff far far exceeds their ability and talent to make games and that they can't please their fans in a timely matter to save their life.

ENOUGH WITH THE FUCKING EXCUSES! I'm sick and tired of it. Enough is enough, What is it gonna take for people to admit they are screwing up? There is always a defence or excuse to somehow turn this trainwreck of a company and franchise into something glorious and positive even tho the last truely great game in the franchise was 15 years ago.

@suplextrain said in Final Fantasy XV delayed:

No this is Square once again proving to be another Peter Molyneux,that they are a shadow of the company they once was,that their ability to hype and announce stuff far far exceeds their ability and talent to make games and that they can't please their fans in a timely matter to save their life.

I think that comparison is a little odd. Molyneux is known to be a headache for his marketing department since he can't keep his mouth shut. He is too ambitious and promises things that never makes it into the game.
    Square Enix has actually started to turn around now with the recent change in management and they haven't made any Molyneux like promises. FF15 is a remnant of their bad times, but their more recent products like I am Setsuna, Nier 2, FF7 remake and so on show signs of massive improvement. You can see that unlike many other companies they actually think about their fans and react to them.

ENOUGH WITH THE FUCKING EXCUSES! I'm sick and tired of it. Enough is enough, What is it gonna take for people to admit they are screwing up? There is always a defence or excuse to somehow turn this trainwreck of a company and franchise into something glorious and positive even tho the last truely great game in the franchise was 15 years ago.

What excuses? I already admitted that they fucked up.
    Also I would argue that 9, not 10, is their last "great" game if we're being picky. 10 is where it all started to go wrong (13 is also very similar to 10). 12 showed signs of improvement but it still had issues.
    But even FF9 had a bunch of issues (mostly tied to the gameplay and the story towards the end).

Seriously, what is it you want to hear? People saying that SE are assholes and that FF15 will be utter shit? What?

@suplextrain said in Final Fantasy XV delayed:

While I'm not happy with SE and haven't been since FF7 (Yeah, I didn't like FF7. FF6 was the ultimate and went downhill after) there's no correlation with your comparison.

Molyneux had a habit of promising things that never made it into his games, every....single....game. Square hasn't done that.

They're definitely guilty of ignoring fans and instead of making games based on what people want they just do their own thing (Like nintendo frequently does now) but nothing as shady as Molyneux has done.

Everything they've released over the last decade and a half have been precisely what they advertised and hyped, was any of it worth it? Depends on who you ask. I thought FFX was the most overhyped over-rated game they've ever made, but a lot of people think it's the best game they've ever made.

FFXV isn't in that situation yet, we don't know anything yet. The game is DONE, but they're holding it back until a day one patch is finished, how many games release with day one patches now? Almost all of them. I can wait for this, but like me it sounds like you don't even want the game....so why are you even worried about it?

• Guys, come on, it's 2 months. If they'd delayed it for another 6 or 9 months, okay, but 2 months is nothing. Yes, I know, we want the damn game already, but it's not a trainwreck because of two months.