[Official] What are you playing?

• @FF7Cloud Haha, maybe, but it was enough to get some people interested in the series, yeah? Now look where we are, all excited about The 3rd.

• I got Persona 5 today. Did not expect to play it nonstop for almost five hours, these days I rarely play games for more than one without having to stop to do something at least. If nothin else it's already got me as hooked as P4 did all those years ago.

• just finished the 3rd palace after i found the palace a little harder the boss was a pushover

• It has been a while since I posted there so here's my humble contribution.
    I have been digging Persona 5 and Zelda: BotW lately and I am having a blast with these.
    Great games (I might be a little bit reserved about Zelda, but still, we do have a great game over here), no doubts about it.
    Persona 5 is such a mature game, has believable characters, fantastic art style (these cutscenes !), story which knows to bump you up when needed and this perfect mood.
    This is my second Persona (first one was the fourth entry) and I definitely consider to play the previous ones.

On the other hand, Zelda is bringing me so much joy just from the exploration aspect, so such awe to feel in this world. The only complain I have are the quests, which I find cool at best but most of the time plain. Maybe it is because I played too much RPG, and I am used to fleshed out quests but still, the new Zelda is a milestone in the video game landscape (espectially in open world games).

• Finally started playing Hyper Light Drifter. I'm enjoying it a lot so far, it's been a while since I've played a game with a decent degree of difficulty so I was long overdue!

• I don't know how people do media blackout. I'm trying it with Persona 5 and it feels like I'm on some kind of self-imposed exile from 80% of my usual online hangouts.

Either way I just started the third palace. I don't want this game to end.

• I picked up Watch_Dogs 2 during the Xbox spring sale and I'm having a great time with it. I was skeptical going in because I had a lot of problems with the first game, but I'm 30+ hours in and still having fun!

• I have been on a major Persona 5 binge since its release, playing about 6.5 hours a day since release (currently at 90+ hours). I had to take last night off from playing so I could get a decent nights rest. I've been having the same problem with Persona 5 that I had with Civ 5: "Just one more turn (one more day, in Persona)." Too many nights have I looked up at the clock and seen that it is 3am.

• @ThrillerNum1 yes the one more day problem is as real as the one more turn syndrome from Civ, specially in new game plus when you can just plow through the dungeons.

• Resident Evil 7

I think I'm about halfway? Really enjoying it, although I've had trouble sleeping for the past couple nights! I'll post more thorough impressions in the dedicated thread, but overall I think it's a pretty cleverly made game.

Fire Emblem Fates: Revelation

Finally getting to this one after beating Birthright and Conquest. Story-wise I'm not far enough to judge. I decided to embrace the grind and have fun with this one. I've had my fair share of challenge with Conquest, so I want to relax and be (reasonably) overpowered for once!

• @Browarr The first Persona game is ...ehh...super rough. I tried getting into it, but wasn't my cup of tea.

• I finished Assassin's Creed Rogue. I love these games.

It is like an expansion of Black Flag. I guess if I would have played it inmediatly after the later, I wouldn't have liked it this much but I did enjoyed it a lot, probably more than Black Flag (I'm not saying it's better because BF is indeed much better but) because I went to BF with the wrong mindset, I sure I would be dissapointed by the lack of big citie, which wasn't the case with Rogue (which I'm playing a year after Syndicate). This helped me to appreaciate this game more in it's merita (actually BF's merits).

There is only one big city but compared to other games, this New York feels barren, I think there are only six landmarks, while in AC3 or any other AC with large cities, there is plenty of history to dive into. Hopefully, the game acknowledges that and keeps you little time in NY.

The most of the game takes place in the sea and small setlements, which helps a lot to change the environment. I felt the caribean overwelming in BF, in part because of every location to be tropical but Rogue, happening in the North Atlantic and River Valley, helps to change the escenery constantly.

I will detail more on the gameplay later...

The story is wasted potential. The assassin/templar struggle is an interesting one and can be well done and the tale from a templar perspective is an interesting proposal, however it is wasted as it tolds more how bad are the assassins rather than the good that templars are doing. If you want to take the enemie's side, you don't make the good side as worse than yours, you redeem -in the perspective of the audience- the bad side; and there is the game fails the most in my opinion. Alongside the poorly motivated story, there is you typical revege story, which is not actually a revenge but it is presented as all other AC tales of revenge. Again, it's wasted potential. I do appreciate how it connects to the other games of the america's saga, that's is remarkably done and saves a lot of character development. however, in the other hand, for someone who hasn't played any of the other games in the saga, may see characters like Aquiles and Adéwalé expendable or poorly portrayed. Finally, as you can expect of the series, the writting is excelent with remarkable performances and beautiful dialects (except the french one in last part of the game). I end up with the feeling that certain character arcs weren't properly developed like the relationship between Shay and Liam; I think the reason is that particulary that year, Ubisoft had to split its resources in two games (really commendable effort) and Rogue was the lesser one; that's why the game it shorter and arc like the one aforementioned are rushed.

I was thinking on starting today FIFA's the journey but the CoD news pump me for some MoH Airborne.

• Mostly Persona 5 and Dragon Quest Heroes on PS4.

• @Musou-Tensei What do you think of dragon quest hero's i bought it at launch a couple years back and loved it

• @FF7Cloud I do like it, but I wish less missions would be about protecting something or someone, I enjoy those where I just have to slay all the monsters without having to worry about an energy bar below the mini map, sadly the protection ones are the majority.

• @Musou-Tensei they get fewer as the game goes on but there still there, the bosses later in the game get interesting

• @Minamik I bought Persona 3 on PSN two years ago and never managed to play it. I watched a video about the very first Persona, seems pretty tough to get into it - especially the combat, pace is so slow -. The atmosphere is great tough
    Maybe one day, but surely I will play Persona 3.

• @Browarr I really love the first Persona but it was one of the first RPGs I ever played, so nostalgia definitely plays a role. I highly recommend playing the PSP version if you ever want to go down that road - the localization is better and an entire different route is opened up previously unavailable in the American release.

• @Browarr As someone that has Persona as his favorite franchise and 3, 4 and 5 amongst my top 5 games ever I say this with no hesitation but wishing it weren't the case

Persona Revelations is pretty boring and frustrating game

• Newbie here. I'm currently chipping away at my classic games backlog. I recently finished Link to the Past, and Metroid Prime. I'm in the middle of Final Fantasy 6 with Rocket Knight Adventures on deck.