[Official] What are you playing?

• Finished Kingdom Hearts I.5 RE: Chains of Memories and 352/2 Days both I enjoyed although CoM design can get really repetitive but playing as Riku was a blast , now playing through Kingdom Hearts II.5 from the beginning since i haven't touched my old save for over 8 months now and I'm super hyped to continue playing maybe because I'm playing on Proud and the challenge is just right , also still juggling that with Wild Arms 4 which I'm half way through and Castlevania Harmony of Dissonance I don't know who are the people calling this the weakest of GBA Castlevanias yes the music isn't the best but everything else is SO GOOD!

• Mechwarrior Online, it's one of those games where you sit down and say "Okay just a couple matches then I'll go to bed" and then it's 2am.

Send help

• I have a few gams on the go at the moment:

Forbidden Siren (PS4): Though I own this on the PS2, I downloaded it again on PS4 as I fancied another playthough and liked the idea of picking up some trophies at the same time. truth be told, I'm actually done with this one now as I snagged the past trophy late last night before I went to sleep. Such a great game.

Atelier Sophie: I think I must be about half way through now. While I do feel this game is a little weak coming straight out of Shallie, the game still has all the charm and brilliance that the series is known for. Like Shallie before it, they have sadly decided to stick to the complete removal of any time constraints, but I find I've adapted to the change quite well. I do want to polish this off before I forget where I was with it.

Mirrors Edge: Catalyst: As a huge fan of the original, I truly believe that the shift to a sandbox was the wrong choice for this game. That said, I am really enjoying the game and I am surprised by the mearly 'luke warm' reviews that it has had. Presentation is top notch, the core Mirror's Edge gameplay is still in there and is as good as it ever was, and the soundtrack is simply wonderful. I just hope this does not end up as another one of those games on my shelf that is only partly complete, simply because of the daunting, overcrowded mess that is your typical open-world/sandbox game's map. I'm usually quite good at following the core missions, but these games to seem to do their upmost best to make it difficult for you to stick just to what is important.

Anima: Gate of Memories: I love this game, I just got distracted from it sadly. It really is one of those gems that I just stumbled across, much like when I gambled my money on Neir when it first game out. It reminds me of Neir actually, in more ways that one. The game reminds me of PS2 games and how they used to play, and in a good way. I just need to get back to it -.-"

Zero Escape 3: Zero Time Dilemma: What can I say, its the third game in a series I absolutely adore. It's all about the story though so I can't say much about it without spoiling things. While that story has been exactly what I wanted so far, this game is going to hinge A LOT on how it decided to conclude itself, so let's just see how that goes shall we. Oh, and a word of advice for anyone who might want to give this series a try starting with this one: don't, you will be confused as hell.

• 1 word, 9 letters, rhymes with 'sasquatch'.

• I got Virtues Last Reward because of that Easy Update episode, had no idea it was related to 999 - a game I foolishly always thought was on psp only - and then opened up to play for the first time about a day or two before I saw a Frame Trap where Ben mentions the sequel (out now!). Here's the thing, that's kinda spooky, but if you've played the game then it's super spooky indeed for spoiler reasons. I literally just finished the 100% super run about 5 minutes ago and oh man that's a game and a half.

So yeah I'm currently playing Rocket League

• VA-11 HALL-A: Cyberpunk Bartender Action - I'm waifu bartending.

alt text

Youtube Video

• I didn't believe it was possible, but I feel like Star Ocean 5 is actually worse than 4.

• Fire Emblem Fates: Birthright. I finished Conquest and decided to play some Birthright since I've only got access to my 3ds right now. I've also downloaded Ocarina of Time from the shop and plan to play through that for the first time ever soon.

• I'm currently playing Fire Emblem Heroes of Light and Shadow with a fan translation, in my journey to play every FE game in order u.u Also replaying the Zero Escape saga to get ready and a bunch of other franchises I've been neglecting. I just try to play too much stuff u.u

@ReelBigRhea Oooh, first time? What did you think of other Zeldas (if you ever played one) It is an interesting point of view.

• Playing Persona 3, been trying to beat this game for the past few months and I'm almost done!

• @KenshoD Zelda is a HUGE gaming blindspot for me. I've never played one, but Breath of the Wild looked so good I decided it was time to jump in.

• My jumbled thoughts on Star Ocean 4 vs Star Ocean 5.

Spoiler I feel like most people's memories of 4 are jaded by the poor English only dub of the 360 version "Kay?"
    But if you actually go back and look at it, it's just overall a better, more complete product. It starts with an opening cinematic of the Earth being devastated by a nuclear war, followed up by all of the countries coming together to work on finding a new home. It's a fairly tropey concept, to be sure, but it's there, and it sets up the premise of the game. It gives you a sense of purpose.

SpoilerIn 5, the only cinematic is the pre main menu cinematic of a nondescript ship flying around for a little bit before entering warp. Then when you begin the game, you're unceremoniously dropped into a battle tutorial with no context as to who you are, or why you're doing what you're doing. After a little bit, you realize that you and your friends are a sort of town patrol (Star Ocean 1 did this setup better).

SpoilerIn 4, the cutscenes are actually cutscenes, and not just people standing around talking, sometime even over each other to the point where you're unable to process what's being said due to trying to listen to both separate conversations at once. The gameplay concept of seemless battle transitions and large parties, while seemingly a good idea at first, feels worse as time goes on, due to there being so many characters and enemies on the map that you can't even see what you're doing.

SpoilerI could go on and on, but to sum it up, there aren't really any annoying characters like there are in 4, but that's only because they don't even have enough personality to be offensive. They're plainer than white bread. Nothing happens to make you care about them or what you're doing. The private actions just feel awkward most of the time, so that doesn't help in developing them either.

SpoilerThere are also a ton of points in the story, where you are presented with one goal, only to reach it, have the point of getting there ignored, and be directed somewhere completely different.

• Just started XCom Unknown Enemy Plus for Vita.
    Despite long load times and a lack of cinematic camera angles, it is a surprisingly good port to a handheld.

• Global Moderator

@El-Shmiablo Oh, that's good to hear. I might pick it up if it goes on sale again so.

• @tokeeffe9 Yeah I definitely wouldn't get ot full price but for the 10 bux I got it for I'm pleasantly surprised with the quality of the port. Those loading times really are killer though.

• I usually have a bigger weekdays and a weekend game, right now on weedays I play The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel on PS3 which I only started this week, and on weekends I spend most of my time with Fallout 4 on XB1, 100+ into it and haven't been to Diamond City once, lol, I'm near it now though, I explored the entire north of the map.
    On handheld I play Project X Zone on 3DS and Ys: Memories of Celceta on Vita.

• I am currently playing through, The Walking Dead Season 1 and am ln the final episode. This is my first time playing and, although I know that the game gives you more of an illusion of choice versus genuine, game changing choices, I love it. Lots of emotional moments and difficult situations abound.

• @Musou-Tensei You might be able to finish Project X Zone in a year or two...It's way too long, lol.

• @Minamik Yeah I'm only halfway through, lol.

• Zero Time Dilemma and Pokemon X