[Official] What are you playing?

• The final boss in Peach Beach Splash is great in the dumbest way.

Also started Cuphead. Took me a moment to get parrying and aiming down but now that I know what I'm doing I dig it. Feels nice to have a challenge.

• @DeweyDTruman I found that, for me at least, it helped to re-map the controls for Cuphead a bit. Having jump, shoot, dash, and super all on face buttons isn't ideal for such a fast-paced game when many times you want to constantly be shooting.

• I'm really loving Cuphead. Almost finished with the second island and so far, the difficulty has been right on point. I've not felt like any of the deaths are cheap and it's so easy to climb right back in. A few bosses have given me some problems, but I don't believe any of them have taken over 10 tries... plus it feels really good to crush a boss with full health if they were giving you lots of problems fifteen minutes ago. I've watched a few people clear the first island but no one is using the roundabout weapon.. and I love it. I have plans to play co-op with a friend next week, but I get the distinct feeling that will be more of a challenge... guess we'll see!

• I've been trying playing A Hat in Time and loving every moment.

• When I was a kid my dad got me a Gameboy Color that came with some games. One of them was Link's Awakening DX. I had no idea how to play that game, I never made it past the Lost Woods and maybe the first dungeon but I spent hours (not even joking, one time when we were traveling back from visiting my grandpa out of state I just spent two hours playing the crane game until I had max money and bought the bow that way) in Mabe Village. Hanging out with Marin, talking to the woman with the chain chomp as a guard dog, giving the worn out father a Yoshi doll, etc.

Point is I decided to give it another go recently and I'm working through it now on my 3DS. It's good stuff, but damn the nostalgia hits entirely too hard any time I come back to town. I can't even handle it sometimes. Never thought this of all games would be the one to have this kinda impact.

@SabotageTheTruth I've only done a few bosses and two run-and-gun stages but outside of the second run-and-gun roundabout doesn't really feel worth it compared to either the default or the red one whose name I forget. Not that it's necessarily bad though.

• @DeweyDTruman Roundabout does more damage and generally lets you run away from the boss and still hit. Spread just has such a short range, it's extremely situational. I'm sure the guns are catered to individual playstyles, but I've been shredding nearly everything with roundabout. I still need to get used to charge at some point too.

• I don't know why but Soji's sidestory in Peach Beach Splash kept me more interested than many longer story-based games could ever hope to.

• Castle Panzer's admittedly got it for the fan service, but the RPG mechanics are just a little deeper then I was expecting (it's alot like Eternal Sonata, which is a odd comparison to make)

• I'm playing the complete edition of The Witcher 3; the controls are smooth, even though one has to use seemingly every button in the controller during combat. I frequently pause the game to meddle with the inventory or to read something in the glossary. So far I just don't like that I can loot inside private homes and castles without a punishment or consequence, it somewhat ruins the immersion.

• Currently trying to plough through I am Setsuna at the moment due to the cold weather and it's amazing piano OST. It's great to unwind with after a long day of college

• I was on a trip last week so I started and almost finished Metroid: Samus Returns. It's much longer than I expected, they seriously beefed it up compared to the original!

I'm having a lot of fun with it although ultimately it feels very much like a by the numbers Metroid game, which was inevitable given the source material. It doesn't revolutionize the series in any way but it's still a joy to play.

• Finished the first island (and one or two fights in the second one) in Cuphead. Favorite fight so far is Hilda Berg. Switched from Spread (I remembered the name this time) to Charge and it is doing wonders. I'm feeling the appeal of Roundabout now but I still prefer the peashooter and Charge over it.

• About halfway through Kiwami And about 6 hours in to Night In the Woods.

I was dabbling with PUBG a bit too, but my internet is out at home right now, so I won't be playing that again until like next weekend.

• Haven't played a thing since last monday...Dad getting discharged from detox today and grandma getting discharged from icu...When it rains, it pours! Hahaha.

• havent played anything injured my foot and it hurts like hell just been lying in bed

• Really digging playing Dragon's Dogma again with this new PS4 version.

Anyone who plays want to add me on PSN @ Heat55wade ? Would love having some more pawns to switch between.

• @Minamik Hopefully everything is coming along fine over there.

@FF7Cloud How bad injury was it? Hopefully nothing serious.

I was busy helping to organize the largest BBA student event in Finland so I wasn't able to play anything really in over last week or so, and just now getting over all that. I plan to keep playing more Divinity: Original Sin 2 as it's SO GOOD.

• Yakuza 2
    Finished it, awesome game, can't wait for Kiwami 2. Found most of the keys in both areas but actually only 48% of all substories, the only one I actively looked up and searched for was the hilarious Be My Baby quest which I just had to experience myself. I truly hope it will be in Kiwami 2.

Yakuza 3
    Borrowed my brother's copy, I'm in chapter 3 now. Plays great but so far, as ususal, the game restricts me a lot so I havn't been able to do much outside the story. Unlike 2 I want to do as much as possible in this one, so I got me some maps for the keys and looked up about missable subquest.

Oppai & Water
    Beat the Crimson Squad story and all substories I can do so far.

Dragonball Xenoverse 2 for Switch
    Since it became able to train with other characters I havn't played the story at all, just been grinding to max the 1st 4 masters out and am now already at Level 32, whoops. Next up will be some story, till new masters are unlocked.
    My rank in the Academy is God.

• Gosh the Ori and the Blind Forest has an amazing soundtrack. I'm really enjoying the game a lot. I haven't played a whole lot of games in the genre but there are some really cool mechanics in this one. The Ori and the Will of the Wisps reveal had no impact on me but now I can see why it was revealed the way it was.

• I just beat A Hat in Time! I'm currently at about 70% completion and in all I think that took me around 10 to 12 hours. I thoroughly enjoyed the experience. The only bad thing is that I feel empty inside now that it's over. It's certainly shorter than your average Triple A 3D platformer, but what is lacks in length, it makes up for in quality. The levels are quite frankly the most interesting and well designed of and 3D platformer I've played in the last 7 or so years. The last time I had this much fun with a Platformer was Super Mario Galaxy, and even that game didn't make me want to play it nonstop until I was done. You really owe it to yourself to check this game out. The devs worked really hard and for a really long time, it's their first game and it's really amazing what they were able to put together.